• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Forza 3 racing and time attack league

Pepto

Banned
RSTEIN said:
I'm partly kidding :p Someone got squirrly after the first turn (and I think was hit or hit someone else, too) and I was on their right side. I saw the car aiming straight at me. I yelled "I'm on your right!!!!" but I guess it was too late.
I think it was me trying to avoid other cars. :lol

Btw I can't hear anything during races because connecting the headset to the wheel makes the sound very quiet.

Edit: bonus shot of the day:

Forza26.jpg

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Pepto said:
I think it was me trying to avoid other cars. :lol

Btw I can't hear anything during races because connecting the headset to the wheel makes the sound very quiet.

Edit: bonus shot of the day:

Forza26.jpg

is that you bumping into me >.>

You're going down next race.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Pepto said:
Nope. That's op_ivy's runaway car hitting mine. :D

runaway? if that was indeed me, there must have been lag, as i dont recall ever losing control and hitting anyone...

Hyoushi

op_ivy said:
runaway? if that was indeed me, there must have been lag, as i dont recall ever losing control and hitting anyone...
huh, you quit out didn't you. car goes nuts on its own after this

op_ivy

Hyoushi said:
huh, you quit out didn't you. car goes nuts on its own after this

oh, i assumed that was from lap 1.... i hope my vacant car didnt screw anything up for anyone :lol

Hyoushi

slight improvement to 1:29.090, seems like high 28:s will be the limit for me here. I have a few tenths to make in sector 1.

op_ivy

i'm leaving for london tomorrow and will be gone for 10 days... if someone would take charge of the thread while i'm gone and post updates for the TA and race from last week (mugello) and this week (silverstone) and next week, I would greatly appreciate it.

i'll try to post *something* for silverstone tonight, but i've been running around taking care of lose ends and packing all day :lol

Pepto

Banned
race 02 part 1
1st - massproduction (Pepto)
2nd - LoopOfHenle (op_ivy)
3rd - RJ81 (RSTEIN)
4th - rastex (Omar Ismail)

race 02 part 2
1st - Hyoushi (Hyoushi)
2nd - massproduction (Pepto)
3rd - Banana Barons (gragy10)
4th - RJ81 (RSTEIN)
5th - LoopOfHenle (op_ivy)

gragy10

Bit of a lonely race for me on Sunday but still a lot of fun-that panicked 'i'm on yr right!!' was worth it alone :lol
what's the plan for the 2 races - half points for each?

op_ivy

Pepto said:
race 02 part 1
3rd - RJ81 (RSTEIN)

race 02 part 2
1st - Hyoushi (Hyoushi)
4th - RJ81 (RSTEIN)

pepto, can you add me as DNF for 5th place in race 2? this way, if we do use that race, i'll at least get some points for my 6.5 laps :(

gragy10 said:
Bit of a lonely race for me on Sunday but still a lot of fun-that panicked 'i'm on yr right!!' was worth it alone :lol
what's the plan for the 2 races - half points for each?

i was thinking the people that couldnt make race 2 (the actual official race) could use their standings from race one to complete the standings. for example, rastex and i didnt get a final time for race 2, but based on race 1, i'd fit in as 5th place, and he as 6th.

Senger

Best time for this week is 1:29.415. R1 cars are too tough to drive without TC. Had to turn it on to get any sort of consistency. With TC off I would spin every other lap. :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
gragy10 said:

>.>

Let's see if you remain calm when a FXX going 100 mph is pointed straight at you :D

best time: 01:29.159

again, when i know i'm ahead of my ghost i keep on doing silly mistakes like going WOT out of a corner a bit early, thus making the rear tires lose traction and having to countersteer... bah, i give up.....

gragy10

Not sure where every/any one is but the clocks have gone fwd an hour in teh UK last nightso it's now 5pm.
And i've had to resort to tc to get a time out teh audi. The shame

Hyoushi

gragy10 said:
Not sure where every/any one is but the clocks have gone fwd an hour in teh UK last nightso it's now 5pm.
And i've had to resort to tc to get a time out teh audi. The shame
missed this race. lulz

I try to stay off TCS, learning throttlecontrol is part of the fun for me. the only TT I used TCS on is the Fujimi Kaido one in the TT mode. terrible track

gragy10

Did anyone save a replay/take any photo's/note the finishing order for yesterday's race?
I had a blast but was in a rush to get away so quit pretty quick after the chequered flag.
Think it was;
1. Bana Barons (umm, me)
2. MassProduction (Pepto?)
3. Z-something - anyone?
4. Rastex (Omar Ismail)

Senger

To help op_ivy out when he gets back I went ahead and ranked the time attack for the last two weeks.

Mugello

1 soujiro_seta 1:41.564
2 Senger 1:42.166
3 Hyoushi 1:42.517
4 CaramaC 1:42.639
5 G Rom 1:42.884
6 Pepto 1:43.050
7 op_ivy 1:43.580
8 DieselRainbow 1:44.906
9 soundscream 1:46.267
10 zorbsie 1:46.819
11 gragy10 1:47.130
12 Omar Ismail 1:47.230

Silverstone

1 Hyoushi 1:28.780
2 soujiro_seta 1:29.159
3 Senger 1:29.415
4 CaramaC 1:30.457
5 op_ivy 1:32.457
6 gragy10 1:32.795
7 Pepto 1:33.034
8 Omar Ismail 1:35.334

I'll let op_ivy update the points and standings.

caramac

Senger said:
To help op_ivy out when he gets back I went ahead and ranked the time attack for the last two weeks.

Mugello

1 soujiro_seta 1:41.564
2 Senger 1:42.166
3 Hyoushi 1:42.517
4 CaramaC 1:42.639
5 G Rom 1:42.884
6 Pepto 1:43.050
7 op_ivy 1:43.580
8 DieselRainbow 1:44.906
9 soundscream 1:46.267
10 zorbsie 1:46.819
11 gragy10 1:47.130
12 Omar Ismail 1:47.230

Silverstone

1 Hyoushi 1:28.780
2 soujiro_seta 1:29.159
3 Senger 1:29.415
4 CaramaC 1:30.457
5 op_ivy 1:32.457
6 gragy10 1:32.795
7 Pepto 1:33.034
8 Omar Ismail 1:35.334

I'll let op_ivy update the points and standings.

Nice one Senger.....good work.

zorbsie

gragy10 said:
Did anyone save a replay/take any photo's/note the finishing order for yesterday's race?
I had a blast but was in a rush to get away so quit pretty quick after the chequered flag.
Think it was;
1. Bana Barons (umm, me)
2. MassProduction (Pepto?)
3. Z-something - anyone?
4. Rastex (Omar Ismail)

I can help with the Z player. Zorbs (zorbsie)

Pepto

Banned
gragy10 said:
I tried to save the replay but the option only showed for me for about a second.

gragy10

I was online but completely forgot, which sucked.
Well up for resuming this Sunday tho - be good to get things moving again after the inevitable easter slump

op_ivy

maple valley, no race?

heres what i have for the maple valley TA. let me know if you see any mistakes.

1st - Senger - 1:42.293
2nd - CaramaC - 1:42.373
3rd - Hyoushi - 1:42.741
4th - Pepto - 1:43.038
5th - gragy10 - 1:47:253

also updated OP, check for mistakes there too :p

as a reminder, race starts at 5pm GMT (9am PST - 12pm EST)

THIS WEEK - nurburgring, #007 DBR (R2)
i've got a lap time posted already, but i forget exactly what it is. its on the leaderboards.

Hyoushi

nur_dbr9.jpg

prelim time, really untidy first third of the lap. seems like I can get at least two seconds off of this. let's see if I can get another session in tomorrow before the deadline.

op_ivy

Hyoushi said:
nur_dbr9.jpg

prelim time, really untidy first third of the lap. seems like I can get at least two seconds off of this. let's see if I can get another session in tomorrow before the deadline.

sounds like a good 10-15 sec. better then what i've managed so far, good job. i clearly am not pushing the car hard enough, but its a difficult balancing act, as with TC off, its very easy to lose control of the backend around corners and over crests as well.

i think i prefer the lower class cars for this reason. B class sees to be my sweet spot.

Pepto RE' Mugello Race said:
race 02 part 1
3rd - RJ81 (RSTEIN)

race 02 part 2
1st - Hyoushi (Hyoushi)
4th - RJ81 (RSTEIN)
5th - LoopOfHenle (op_ivy)

for the record, i ended up scoring the second mugello race as the official race, since that is when it was actually 5pm GMT. i was unable to finish the race due to other issues, but used my ranking compared to rastex's to place us in 5th and 6th respectively.

Hyoushi

op_ivy said:
sounds like a good 10-15 sec. better then what i've managed so far, good job. i clearly am not pushing the car hard enough, but its a difficult balancing act, as with TC off, its very easy to lose control of the backend around corners and over crests as well.
Ya, think I would be able to get under 7 minutes (or at least very close) if I pushed hard enough and got an optimal lap, but it's kinda rare to nail all the sections of the Nordschleife in one perfect lap hehe. almost always get some small mistake somewhere.

Yeah the dbr9 is pretty harsh with TC off, not enough downforce in low speeds so very prone to oversteer, but once you go from third to fourth you can pretty much trust the grip. I have to shortshift to third and stay on half throttle through the exit of Adenauer Forst and Karusell, and it's fucking lethal if you happen to get one wheel on a kerb with power on. hehe. good fun though

Senger

7:01.407 for this week. Under 7 mins is definitely possible but its hard to push given how long a lap is. This is the only long track that I'm familiar with thanks to that Mercedes SLR challenge in GT4.

DarkJC

Senger said:
7:01.407 for this week. Under 7 mins is definitely possible but its hard to push given how long a lap is. This is the only long track that I'm familiar with thanks to that Mercedes SLR challenge in GT4.

The S challenge right? That was a nightmare for me back in the day :lol I was much worse at racing games back then.

Senger

DarkJC said:
The S challenge right? That was a nightmare for me back in the day :lol I was much worse at racing games back then.

It was the last "driving mission" in the game. Took me days to pass that... Wish I still had the time to be that obsessive over a game :lol

Hyoushi

Hm. Doesn't seem to be any doods online for the race, only me and gragy10. Oh well. got this while sessioning before what I thought was race time:

nur2_dbr9.jpg

Senger

1:58.374 for Susuka. Still not happy with the corners before the back straight. Hard to tell if I'm taking the right line/carrying enough speed coming out of the corner.

Hyoushi

Senger said:
1:58.374 for Susuka. Still not happy with the corners before the back straight. Hard to tell if I'm taking the right line/carrying enough speed coming out of the corner.
Pretty nice time. Did you use TCS on this?

I didn't bother any more after this one, maybe I would have been able to get a high 1.58 with this line.

suzuka.jpg

rjcc

hey, i'm on and around, so hit me up when it's time to race. if i've got it right, stock setup, cna use a custom livery?

Top Bottom