• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

doing top 10s now?

ASAP Rocky - LiveLoveASAP
Big KRIT - Return of 4Eva
Curren$y - Covert Coup
Drake - Take Care
Gucci Mane & Waka Flocka - Ferrari Boyz
Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne
Kendrick Lamar - Section80
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter IV
Meek Mill - Dreamchasers
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up

no numbers yet, but i'm sure you can guess what #1 is...or can you?

Recon

Banned
doing top 10s now?

ASAP Rocky - LiveLoveASAP
Big KRIT - Return of 4Eva
Curren$y - Covert Coup
Drake - Take Care
Gucci Mane & Waka Flocka - Ferrari Boyz
Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne
Kendrick Lamar - Section80
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter IV
Meek Mill - Dreamchasers
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up

no numbers yet, but i'm sure you can guess what #1 is...or can you?

Probably Waka/Gucci or WTT. I would love for them to not be. I think your surprise #1 could be Drake.

Bishman

Dude this is gaf hop hive mind. They stick to the straight and narrow. Nothing wrong with it, just not going to find anything that is pushing the boundaries here.

Fuck off with that attitude. I'm pretty sure everyone listens to everything but it doesn't catch us like the albums / mixtapes on everyone list.

PBY

Banned
GOODTeeBlackA.jpg

Just picked up this shirt... Hype for GOOD music album increasing

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
consequence was the best artist on GOOD music, might as well call it a wrap and shut it down if he's gone.

siddx

isn't mos def with good music?

Mos Def fell off so hard left a crater in the ground when he hit. Which sucks cause black on both sides is such a fantastic album.

Oh and I fuck with three 6 all day if they go back to pre-lolli lolli days.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
consequence was the best artist on GOOD music, might as well call it a wrap and shut it down if he's gone.
is this real life?

Cons? Cons is and never was the best anything. He got outshined by both of his labelmates on the best thing hes ever done, Spaceship. Cons is a hack who thinks he's the most lyrical human being alive. CyHi is better than Cons.

People honestly like post-ATCQ Cons? Lemme drop a Cons verse for you

I ordered my food they said it was free
Yall know in America black man is never free
Was on 106 and Park, didn't talk to Free
Now I'm locked up over a parking fee

siddx

GAF-Hop shirt should be similar to the one above except:

Drake & Wiz & Big Sean & Siddx.

Lol I was thinking a shirt that said "Siddx hates everything...but he loves your mom"

No, Consequence is a completely average rapper...but that still makes him the best rapper on GOOD.

Macca

How the fuck did B.o.B get a track with Em on his mixtape, yet Yela only managed to get 1 with him on his debut album under the guy.

This tracklist looks fucking hot though.

EDIT: Seems like that track is old as fuck. How did I miss it :S

siddx

How the fuck did B.o.B get a track with Em on his mixtape, yet Yela only managed to get 1 with him on his debut album under the guy.

This tracklist looks fucking hot though.

I would imagine if I was Yela, I'd want just the bare minimum Em on my album to avoid the comparisons or accusations that he's riding his coattails. Get that one single with em so you can get some radio play and appeal to the millions of fans who eat anything em puts out, but otherwise an album full of em features would make him look bad I would think.
Although I would love a yela/eminem collab ep like bad meets evil.

Macca

I would imagine if I was Yela, I'd want just the bare minimum Em on my album to avoid the comparisons or accusations that he's riding his coattails. Get that one single with em so you can get some radio play and appeal to the millions of fans who eat anything em puts out, but otherwise an album full of em features would make him look bad I would think.
Yea that's a fair point. I do think he could've got another track with Em though, something without a Gangsta Boo verse. Something like a No Love would have been awesome, just 1 verse each to spit. And fuck yes, that collab would be quite insane.

Still, I want that Yela/Krit collab more.

He never should of gotten Gangsta Boo on the track with Em. It limits its appeal as a single. It works as an album cut, but it doesn't as a radio single.
I thought she was fine on the chorus, it's her verse that really hurts the track. It almost seems Em's verse is just tacked on at the end.

Recon

Banned

He never should of gotten Gangsta Boo on the track with Em. It limits its appeal as a single. It works as an album cut, but it doesn't as a radio single.

DominoKid

People honestly like post-ATCQ Cons? Lemme drop a Cons verse for you

I ordered my food they said it was free
Yall know in America black man is never free
Was on 106 and Park, didn't talk to Free
Now I'm locked up over a parking fee

for real. cons was probably the worst rapper on GOOD Music. and it showed by his sorry ass album.

1. Cunninlynguists - Oneirology
2. Shabaz Palaces - Black Up
3. Action Bronson - Well Done
4. Kendrick Lamar - Section 80
5. Big Krit - Return of 4eva
6. Curren$y/Alchemist - Covert Coup
7. Danny Brown - XXX
8. The Throne - WTT
9. Raekwon - Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang

Can't nail down what else should be in there, looking at people's lists I need to check some more albums out.

siddx

Yea that's a fair point. I do think he could've got another track with Em though, something without a Gangsta Boo verse. Something like a No Love would have been awesome, just 1 verse each to spit. And fuck yes, that collab would be quite insane.

Still, I want that Yela/Krit collab more.

I thought she was fine on the chorus, it's her verse that really hurts the track. It almost seems Em's verse is just tacked on at the end.

After reading through the lyrics in the booklet, em's verse is actually...pretty fucking awful. It reads like complete gibberish, a lot of making no sense and some of it barely rhyming if at all. His delivery masks the fact he wrote a garbage ass throw away verse.

Slizz

Damn didn't know about this at all:

BOB_Epic_Every_Play_Is_Crucial-front-large.jpg

01. Epic (feat. Playboy Tre & Meek Mill) (Prod. by Lil C)
02. Wrong (feat. Spodee) (Prod. by Ryan Tedder)
03. Guest List (feat. Roscoe Dash) (Prod. by B.o.B & Kutta)
04. What Are We Doing (Prod. by B.o.B & Jim Jonsin)
05. Perfect Symetry (feat. 2 Chainz) (Prod. by 7 King)
06. New York New York (Prod. by Mike Caren)
07. Boom Bap (feat. T.I. & Mos Def)
08. Welcome To The Jungle (Prod. by Swizz Beatz)
09. 5 On The Kush (feat. Big K.R.I.T. & Bun B) (Prod. by 2 Much)
10. How Bout Dat (feat. Future & Trae Tha Truth)
11. Things Get Worse (feat. Eminem) (Prod. by Eminem)
12. Fucked Up (feat. Playboy Tre) (Prod. by Davaughn)
13. Strange Clouds (feat. Lil Wayne) (Prod. by Dr. Luke)
14. Friday Night Star (Prod. by Jim Jonsin)
15. High (Prod. by The Aristrocrats)

DOWNLOAD

Dl'ing now looks good though.

Track 5 will prolly be my fave.

kamspy

I dunno. I hear Em/Shady's fingerprints all over Radioactive. It's like they tried to hard to craft the album into something they thought people would want.

As it stands, I don't know who that Yela album is supposed to appeal to.

After reading through the lyrics in the booklet, em's verse is actually...pretty fucking awful. It reads like complete gibberish, a lot of making no sense and some of it barely rhyming if at all. His delivery masks the fact he wrote a garbage ass throw away verse.

I said the same thing a while ago. If they but Luda or Juicy J on that track it would be bananas.

siddx

I dunno. I hear Em/Shady's fingerprints all over Radioactive. It's like they tried to hard to craft the album into something they thought people would want.

As it stands, I don't know who that Yela album is supposed to appeal to.

I said the same thing a while ago. If they but Luda or Juicy J on that track it would be bananas.

Yeah when I listen to it, up until about throw it up it feels like a Yela album, then it turns into a eminem/shady records album, and then Yela comes in and tries some of his older sound (a lot of it sounds like his Stereo album) at the very end.
I actually like most of the songs, I enjoy the album as a whole. But I had to get used to the smell of shady all over the middle before I could enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom