• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
I'd rather have a napkin from Hov than a phone call. When J Cole is homeless on the streets, his career dead and his music forgotten, what's going to keep him warm at night? The memory of a phone call? No. His college degree will keep him warm at night. And that napkin.

For a Cole fan, you sure want to see him fail.

PBY

Banned
Does anyone think that Juicy J on Taylor Gang is the best thing to happen this week? So awesome, Errday on Cabin Fever was awesome.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Does anyone think that Juicy J on Taylor Gang is the best thing to happen this week? So awesome, Errday on Cabin Fever was awesome.

Like I said earlier he is going to make them look like bums in every song. Good for my man Juicy!

PBY

Banned
Like I said earlier he is going to make them look like bums in every song. Good for my man Juicy!

Yeah, im pretty hyped. Hes gonna get some great Cabin Fever type beats hopefully.

Also, hype for Big Boi's new album increasing:

@SHAMONEYXL
SHA MONEY XL
@BigBoi about to drop an amazing lp #defjamback
3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
New Big Boi LP? FUCK YES. Sir Lucius Left Foot was the best thing Outkast has done since ATLiens.

Stoner rappers are worse than backpackers. The only one I can tolerate is Cudi and that's because he actually has other things to talk about

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
B.O.B new mixtape is the shit. A few old ass songs in here tho....The Em song leaked without Em;s consent and New York New york was for crisis2. but they are still good songs.

This is how you do it. Hard ass mixtapes and pop stuff to sell records. Genius. That way he technically doesn't lose his fanbase. Although IMO he was always doing the pop shit too. Dude plays the gutar and shit.

I might be the only B.o.B stan in here (and the world).

No genre or this might be in my top 10..if No Genre came out this year of course.

Nah, man. I like most of BoB's shit. Except most of his album. I still have a playlist just full of shit from him, starting with Champion and ending with Make A Lot of Money. IMO, he's that "fun" rapper who isn't completely brain dead with his stuff. He puts together some clever verses, has a lot of fun with his tracks and can definitely tear it up when he has to. He's definitely that new Andre.

GO LISTEN TO THAT SHIT NOW. LIKE NOW.

Yea it's a dope album, and one of the best sounding albums I've ever heard. Mastered perfectly or something

3 Stacks doesn't care about hip hop, why should I care about 3 Stacks. These monotone, rampling verses he's dropping are meh

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Nah, man. I like most of BoB's shit. Except most of his album. I still have a playlist just full of shit from him, starting with Champion and ending with Make A Lot of Money. IMO, he's that "fun" rapper who isn't completely brain dead with his stuff. He puts together some clever verses, has a lot of fun with his tracks and can definitely tear it up when he has to. He's definitely that new Andre.

i really wish he more tracks like "ill be in the sky". i still listen to that track on repeat.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yea it's a dope album, and one of the best sounding albums I've ever heard. Mastered perfectly or something

3 Stacks doesn't care about hip hop, why should I care about 3 Stacks. These monotone, rampling verses he's dropping are meh
GAF has a lot of 3k apologists, can't knock people for defending a legend though. The last good thing he did was the Deuces verse, before that? I can't even remember.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
GAF has a lot of 3k apologists, can't knock people for defending a legend though. The last good thing he did was the Deuces verse, before that? I can't even remember.

Oh shit! I was sitting here going "Man, when was the last time Andre did anything I liked. I think Royal Flush or Deuces..."

i really wish he more tracks like "ill be in the sky". i still listen to that track on repeat.

Champion is my shit. I AM THE CHAMPION (trendsetterDJtag)

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'd rather have a napkin from Hov than a phone call. When J Cole is homeless on the streets, his career dead and his music forgotten, what's going to keep him warm at night? The memory of a phone call? No. His college degree will keep him warm at night. And that napkin.

Yo. Lmfao.

I'm usually part of the 3stacks can do no wrong group, but...he's been slacking as of recent. :/

Everybody was saying how dope 3 stacks verse was on that UGK song so he decided to rehash it for the next couple of years

siddx

Past My Shades, Bet I, The Kids, and Fame were all great songs on Adventures. I even enjoyed Magic. I guess it's cause I didn't listen to any BOB before I got adventures of bobby ray so I went in expecting Nothin' on you and airplanes type hip hop and got what I expected. It was far from perfect, but it was an enjoyable listen.

Andre 3000 has been a joke since that fuck awful Love Below album. And Big Boi carried Outkast on everything after Aquemini. Not a fan of andre at all. On a side note, I have a friend who looks and sounds just like Andre, it trips me out sometimes.

Bishman

Yeah Yela's problem was he didn't have a monster single. I can potentially see Good Girl and/or Hardest Love Song making a big splash on radio and giving Yela some more sales, but right now he's got Hard White, which is too gritty for a single, and Throw It Up, which doesn't work in clubs and is too vulgar for extreme radio exposure.
Animal might have hit potential too. I think radioactive has potential to have some legs once eminem convinces yela to start focusing on the radio audience.

Animal is the perfect song for the masses. Yelawolf kills it lyrically and easy to just jam at a party / rave / club.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm seeing the Watch the Throne tour tomorrow night in Kansas City. Super amped as Jay and Ye are two of my favorite rappers, and apparently the show is nuts. :p

Anyone seen it? They have good swag or anything to buy?

Bishman

I'm seeing the Watch the Throne tour tomorrow night in Kansas City. Super amped as Jay and Ye are two of my favorite rappers, and apparently the show is nuts. :p

Let me know. I'm seeing them this Monday in Houston. 'BOUT TO GO HAM @ THE CONCERT!

Cudder

Show was definitely fucking amazing. The tshirts they had were 45$ and all looked like shit you could make yourself at a print shop.

siddx

Curious how that Roots album is. Roots are a weird band for me, I've never really been big on them, but I own the majority of their albums and enjoyed them to varying degrees. But none of the albums are particularly memorable to me. I think they are an amazing band, its just their albums just never click with me all the way I guess.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Show was definitely fucking amazing. The tshirts they had were 45$ and all looked like shit you could make yourself at a print shop.
No kilts?

Missed opportunity for Ye, what if they end up as the new "thing" like Jesus pieces and the same thing happens that happened with them?

Esch

Banned
animal is some lady gaga rap. yela pushes/markets that right and he'll have a huge single.

Curious how that Roots album is. Roots are a weird band for me, I've never really been big on them, but I own the majority of their albums and enjoyed them to varying degrees. But none of the albums are particularly memorable to me. I think they are an amazing band, its just their albums just never click with me all the way I guess.

Yep. My initial thought is that they put too many songs on an LP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom