• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I saw a high school kid wearing a big sean t shirt yesterday and I had to stop myself from choking him out and leaving a note on his chest letting him know it was because of his fucking shirt.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
siddx said:
I saw a high school kid wearing a big sean t shirt yesterday and I had to stop myself from choking him out and leaving a note on his chest letting him know it was because of his fucking shirt.

wacka blacka

kamspy said:
I told GAF HOP not to give up on Wale. Bam. Dude just dropped a really nice album. Ambition is a perfect title.

People saying J.Cole is the next Kanye West should be LOL'd out of GAF HOP. Fuckoutta here. Cole is a fruit. Easy candidate for worst MC of 2011.

I was chillin at the Apple Store in Fayetenam
At the Genius Bar trying to get my Leopard on
Then the struggle hit me and left me with a sad face
my iPhone dropped and now there's glass all over the damn place
can you feel my pain it's young simba on the track
tell those other disney characters to move out and fall back

I'm a Cole fan but I laugh when people think Cole is lyrical, he has nursery rhymes for days.

"heat it up like lasagna" is a regular jcole punch line

njean777

ReconYoda said:
This guy has a lot of talent. His lyrical game is on another level than what most rappers are on right now.

Yeah he does, I just like the fact he calls out a lot of rappers on their bullshit. I love Kanye and Jay but sometimes I can not help but feel somewhat called out since I am white, and they seem to have a problem with white people. Kanye more so then Jay. Not to say this is the only problem I have with some hip hop artists, the ones that talk about killing/drug trafficking/ hoes and bitches bother me also. Especially when they make a deep song and then the whole rest of the album is just so out of touch with that song.

vulva

so I'm pretty out of the loop on new music and just found out about Victory Laps. Are we actually getting close to a release of DOOMSTARKS?

Recon

Banned
vulva said:
so I'm pretty out of the loop on new music and just found out about Victory Laps. Are we actually getting close to a release of DOOMSTARKS?

Same day as Andre 3000 solo album and Detox drops.

kamspy

njean777 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsZZ8caB5dw&feature=related

This man speaks a lot of what I think about when I hear a majority of Rap/Hip Hop. A lot of artists are hypocritical.

Rapping about rapping. yawn. Wake me when Rozay's album drops.

He is nice though. Subject matter is just revolting. If you're so nice, get a damn Maybach and shut the hell up.

TheOddOne said:

J.Bieb has taste. Can't knock him there. Have to pick that one up for the kids.

Detox

You know they're supposed to have a concert in London. I am tempted to go but what if fake DOOM turns up and Ghostface is a no show?

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
Rapping about rapping. yawn. Wake me when Rozay's album drops.

He is nice though. Subject matter is just revolting. If you're so nice, get a damn Maybach and shut the hell up.

...Wow, like I said earlier, your ignorance and stupidity know no bounds.

Recon

Banned
spindashing said:
Does his voice sound like he's shitting or does it sound like shit?

Both. I dont like Ross, but his voice was notably different in that track. Not good.

Miri said:
This was pretty damn good. Worst thing is, it took me a second to adjust to his accent, but the dude really can spit his ass off.

But according to a certain ignorant dumbass, if you dont have a mayback you aint shit.

vulva

ReconYoda said:
Same day as Andre 3000 solo album and Detox drops.
;( bro

so in terms of tracks with ghost and doom what is there?
Victory Laps
Angelz
The Mask
Chinatown Wars

I feel like I'm missing something else

vulva said:
;( bro

so in terms of tracks with ghost and doom what is there?
Victory Laps
Angelz
The Mask
Chinatown Wars

I feel like I'm missing something else
sniperlite.jpg

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I'm pretty heavy into the British rap scene. Threre's a ton of dudes over there that can spit fire. The Grime scene gives me that raw music I'm still looking for.

kodecraft

Ken Masters said:
I'm a Cole fan but I laugh when people think Cole is lyrical, he has nursery rhymes for days.

"heat it up like lasagna" is a regular jcole punch line

What makes Cole shine for me is his delivery and passion in his raps....i like guys who get to the point and give it to you like it really is (2Pac, Alley Boy, Trouble etc)....if you rap and got something to say ...I dont want to "figure it out".....say it!!

CRS

hubes said:
slightly, but I think there's a similar level of disappointment and drop off.
I think the drop off between The Cool and Lasers is much, much greater than the drop off between MotM 1 & 2.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
ChldRebelSoldr said:
I think the drop off between The Cool and Lasers is much, much greater than the drop off between MotM 1 & 2.
This. Motm 2 is just as good as motm1 if not better. Lasers is no where near the cool.

CRS

joelseph said:
669158523405-300x300.jpg

Jonwayne
The Death of Andrew

Label: Alpha Pup Records
Release Date: Oct-25-2011

Los Angeles beatmaker and Low End Theory favorite Jonwayne returns with The Death of Andrew, a compact release that underscores the young producer's undeniable ear for crafting catchy melodies into multiple layers of sound and emotion.

Sharp drops, deep kicks and heavy synths are found throughout The Death of Andrew, whose six tracks display a diverse sampling of Jonwayne's talent. Lead single "King" plunges far into the fathoms with a foreboding rhythm, illuminated by a lighthearted melody and chopped-in vocals. Soft piano work introduces "Andrew's Dead," a hypnotic track that twists upwards with a hard edge, while the jam "Pillars of Sand" delivers a paranoid feeling of funk.

From the languid dreamstate of "Eulogy" to the 8-bit dance of "Escape," The Death of Andrew is comprised of appealing tunes that feature Jonwayne's keen ability to manipulate memorable hooks and growing finesse with the beat.

1. King
2. Andrew's Dead
3. Eulogy
4. Pillars of Sand
5. Escape
6. Immobile

Listen/Purchase (Boomkat)
Yes! Definitely buying this. It's the least I could do for his I Don't Care tape. Can't believe he gave that out for free.

ReconYoda said:
Christian rap can be good. But i pretty much have no faith, so i dont really check for it. I did attend a GRITS concert that was fucking insane.
Listen to the lyrics my dude. Is rare Braille mentions "Jesus" Dude talks about his fuck ups and all. None of that force lord shit, like that Rapper David. I'll make a list soon on good christian hip-hop.

Recon

Banned
ShinobiFist said:
Listen to the lyrics my dude. Is rare Braille mentions "Jesus" Dude talks about his fuck ups and all. None of that force lord shit, like that Rapper David. I'll make a list soon on good christian hip-hop.

Yeah, ill check him out.

CRS

GodfatherX said:
anybody check out the full Machete Vision album yet?
It's really good. Best $6 dollars I've ever spent this year.

Machete Vision is what happens when Kno makes a Halloween themed album. Doesn't really make sense but I guess I'm getting that because it's so close to Halloween. The best example of it is the Roadhouse track. It's a entire different version of "dark" but it's a good thing.

Yeah, that Braille album Shinobi posted away back was pretty damn good. I was kind of dismissive towards it at first, but really you can barely tell it's christian rap or at least I couldn't.

Tguy said:
Yeah, that Braille album Shinobi posted away back was pretty damn good. I was kind of dismissive towards it at first, but really you can barely tell it's christian rap or at least I couldn't.
The thing with Braille is, homeboy says the same stuff DMX said back then, but without the N-bombs and cursing.

Recon

Banned
ShinobiFist said:
The thing with Braille is, homeboy says the same stuff DMX said back then, but without the N-bombs and cursing.

That sounds like something i would like. Ive noticed i gravitate towards artists that tone down swearing and dont use the N word that much. Even in my own music, i dont swear much at all.

K.Jack said:
I'm pretty heavy into the British rap scene. Threre's a ton of dudes over there that can spit fire. The Grime scene gives me that raw music I'm still looking for.

Recommend me some good Grime shit. I loved Dizzee Rascal's Boy in Da Corner and Showtime, but haven't found any albums that reach that level yet.

O
kamspy said:
I told GAF HOP not to give up on Wale. Bam. Dude just dropped a really nice album. Ambition is a perfect title.

People saying J.Cole is the next Kanye West should be LOL'd out of GAF HOP. Fuckoutta here. Cole is a fruit. Easy candidate for worst MC of 2011.

I was chillin at the Apple Store in Fayetenam
At the Genius Bar trying to get my Leopard on
Then the struggle hit me and left me with a sad face
my iPhone dropped and now there's glass all over the damn place
can you feel my pain it's young simba on the track
tell those other disney characters to move out and fall back

U mad? Lol....

Oh and cats been on wale...shit he rep my neck of the woods. Dmv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom