• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Blackace said:
not I... I snap at you a lot. But believe it or not I respect your opinion on music even if I disagree with it a lot

Same. I give you shit, but its all respect at the end.

CRS

My 2nd favorite hip-hop chick is still this.

idle-warship-habits-of-the-heart.jpeg

wsWKW.jpg
VTmRo.jpg

Thank you Miri for introducing me to her. Too bad I know nothing about her. :(

Recon

Banned
Kweli just sounds out of place in Idle Warship, his flow doesnt fit the vibe of any of the songs ive heard from them.

CRS

So I decided to google "sangre cibaeña tattoo" and her blog was the first hit!

The GAF-Hop thread was the third, :lol :lol.

Alexandra Estevez is the name. God damn. NSFW.

Macca

I was thinking about putting together a timeline type thing to put in the first post. Something that one can point to that has the cream of the crop from each year in it. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

I'd probably just take a vote and say the 3 or 4 highest albums from each year go on the timeline.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ChldRebelSoldr said:
:O Domo arigato Shinobi. I nominate Alexandra Estevez as GAF-Hop's Girl.

Everyone in favor say aye.

meh

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Complex Shadow said:
good luck with that. i have a semester off and it feels awesome, i ve been listen to old tracks and just trying to catch up.

not healthy. you should be getting at least 7hrs

Late as fuck but I just wanted to point out that the 7 hours things is a myth, you can function on 4 hours and still not affect your health (once you are out of teens at least). Most people would be groggy as fuck, but your health wont be affected. And in fact some studies claim that people who sleep less than 7 hours a day live longer than those that sleep 8 or more.

Recon

Banned
siddx said:
Late as fuck but I just wanted to point out that the 7 hours things is a myth, you can function on 4 hours and still not affect your health (once you are out of teens at least). Most people would be groggy as fuck, but your health wont be affected. And in fact some studies claim that people who sleep less than 7 hours a day live longer than those that sleep 8 or more.

I sleep 5-6 a day. I only feel like shit when i first wake up. After a shower i feel fine.

siddx said:

Doesn't it depend on your daily habits?

Aight, I'll bite:

Rank Kanye's albums
College Dropout
MBDTF
WTT
Graduation
Late Registration
808s

Pick a coast to rep

Westside.

Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion

Biggie. Much as I love Pac, Biggie was the superior lyricist.

Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft

Marshmellows.

Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.

Nas. Killed Jay's whole crew in one bar.

Flocka or Royce?
Royce

What you think of J. Cole?

I liked his earlier stuff, just think he has to find his thing. Nas' crown is going nowhere.

Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)

GZA. Only Built For... was fantastic, but Liquid Swords is insane.

Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)

Hell yea, but again, Biggie's lyrics were nuts. One thing I would've loved to hear would've been a freestyle between him and Big Pun.

Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)

Eh, like 5. Just average to me.

Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?

I'll go with "lucky".

Pick an era of Eminem

Slim Shady to The Eminem Show. I liked Recovery though.

How does Drake write such deep lyrics?

He's about as deep as a petri dish.

Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?

Nah, he's just in a differnt stage career-wise. If he ever wanted to come harder, he could just reassemble the crew from Illmatic, and call it a day.

I listened to an Eye For An Eye, Family, and Carry On Tradition the other day, and the difference is vast.

Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?

Again, neither.

Don't listen to as much hip-hop as I used to, looking forward to Detox.

IrishNinja

fuck that, siddx! i gets 8 a night, and ima live forever.

Macca007 said:
I was thinking about putting together a timeline type thing to put in the first post. Something that one can point to that has the cream of the crop from each year in it. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

I'd probably just take a vote and say the 3 or 4 highest albums from each year go on the timeline.

i like this idea, id love to have a go-to list we somehow agreed on of classics & such, since hip-hop's so cumulative & self-referential. we could call it the dead in the middle of little italy list.

Macca

IrishNinja said:
i like this idea, id love to have a go-to list we somehow agreed on of classics & such, since hip-hop's so cumulative & self-referential. we could call it the dead in the middle of little italy list.
I guess the best way is to just get everyone to post a list of their favourite albums each year. Doesn't matter which year someone chooses to start or if they skip. I just think it'd be cool to put in the OP

JackEtc

So I'm probably really LTTP, but a few weeks a friend had me listen to Kreayshawn's "Gucci Gucci". I hated it.

I can't stop listening to it now. The beat is so tight, I can't get enough of it. Fuck.

Recon

Banned
JackEtc said:
So I'm probably really LTTP, but a few weeks a friend had me listen to Kreayshawn's "Gucci Gucci". I hated it.

I can't stop listening to it now. The beat is so tight, I can't get enough of it. Fuck.

It was a few months since the last mention of that diseased whore. Thanks for bringing it up again....

JackEtc

ReconYoda said:
It was a few months since the last mention of that diseased whore. Thanks for bringing it up again....
Oh jeez, sorry. I feel like it's a new low for me. I mean, it's already bad enough that I'm a straight dude that enjoys Lady Gaga, but fuck, this song is TERRIBLE, yet I can't stop listening.

Recon

Banned
JackEtc said:
Sorry. I feel like it's a new low for me. I mean, it's already bad enough that I'm a straight dude that enjoys Lady Gaga, but fuck, this song is TERRIBLE, yet I can't stop listening.

Gaga is a fucking genius compared to Kreayshawn.

JackEtc

ReconYoda said:
Gaga is a fucking genius compared to Kreayshawn.
Gaga's a fucking genius compared to 99.9% of artists in her genre (Kreayshawn crosses into the Pop genre a little IMO), but that's for another thread.

I found an instrumental, THANK GOD.

Recon

Banned
JackEtc said:
Gaga's a fucking genius compared to 99.9% of artists in her genre (Kreayshawn crosses into the Pop genre a little IMO), but that's for another thread.

I dont mind Gaga. I dont own any of her albums nor have anything of her on my PC. I thought Bad Romance was fun tho.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I completely slept on Stalley (which is sad with me being from Akron). Lincoln Way Nights is a freaking stellar album.

His flow is at a much higher level than I prejudged him to be.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
JackEtc said:

RiRi is pop's mistress...

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
siddx said:
be groggy every morning of my life or die early. .... =/

Macca007 said:
I vote Wiz.
- ∞

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fuck gaga, and fuck madonna too.

Anyways, my timelines

1984 :
Run DMC - Run DMC
Whodini - Escape

1985 :
LL Cool J - Radio

1986 :
Beasite Boys - License to Ill
Run DMC - Raising Hell

1987 :
Erik B and Rakim - Paid in full

1988 :
Slick Rick - Great Adventures of Slick Rick
EPMD: Strictly Business
Big Daddy Kane: Long Live the Kane
Public Enemy: It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
N.W.A - Straight Outta Compton
Erik B and Rakim - Follow the leader
Marley Marl - In Control vol.1
Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock - It Takes Two
Ice T - Power

1989 :
The D.O.C. - No One Can Do It Better
De La Soul - 3 feet high and rising
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Jungle Brothers - Done By The Forces Of Nature

1990 :
Digital Underground - Sex Packets
Tribe Called Quest - People's instinctive Travels
Brand Nubian - One For All
Public Enemy - Fear of A Black Planet
Ice Cube - Amerikkka's Most Wanted
Kool G Rap - Wanted Dead or Alive

1991 :
Nice and Smooth - Aint a Damn Thing Changed
Gangstarr - Step Into The Arena
De La Soul - De La Soul is Dead
Cypress Hill - Cypress Hill
Maine Source - Breaking Atoms
Geto Boys - We Can't Be Stopped
Ice Cube - Death Certificate

Ok sorry my attention span is too short to do this anymore right now. Maybe ill do more later

Kaizer

Banned
JackEtc said:

No shame, I have a special mix of Kreayshawn's original and Lil Wayne's version on my phone, shit is addictive. Nothing wrong with a little ignorant brilliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom