• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken Masters said:
I'm a Cole fan but I laugh when people think Cole is lyrical, he has nursery rhymes for days.

"heat it up like lasagna" is a regular jcole punch line

To pick out just one line here or there to define him as a lyricist is ridiculous. Gimme any rapper u think is a dope lyricist and il find a weak ass line in one of his verses. For the most part. Cole is nice lyrically.

overcast

Jesus Kampsy, you said you liked the cole album at first? I'll check out Ambition, I like Wale so we'll see.

New Schoolboy is pretty dope. Hook was a bit annoying at first, but it grew on me pretty quickly. Can't wait for HnC.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Pinko Marx said:
Recommend me some good Grime shit. I loved Dizzee Rascal's Boy in Da Corner and Showtime, but haven't found any albums that reach that level yet.

Check out a few of Dot Rotten's albums. He also has Tim Westwood freestyles and other random tracks all over Youtube.

1. RIP Young Dot (2008). Samples: I'm Not One of them. MCs Don't Bother me

2. Extra Attention (2009). Samples: Third Eye I Don't Like It. blood Sweat and Tears. If You Want Some

He put out a free EP this year, Above The Waves. Here's the video for the first track: Normal Human being.

I'm not at all a fan of Dizzie, so our tastes may be way different.

I'll make another post for some of the other dudes I like (Ghetts, Devlin) a bit later.

kamspy

overcast said:
Jesus Kampsy, you said you liked the cole album at first? I'll check out Ambition, I like Wale so we'll see.

New Schoolboy is pretty dope. Hook was a bit annoying at first, but it grew on me pretty quickly. Can't wait for HnC.

It's still a good album. Easily better than real turds like RED, Finally Famous etc. I just give J.Cole shit in proportion to his hype level. I'm a libra man. Gotta keep things balanced. I think he's highly overrated, that's all.

overcast

Hmm.. I'll take it.

Machetevision is a little disappointing, the raps in it just do nothing for me. They aren't bad, just very mediocre.

PBY

Banned
overcast said:
Hmm.. I'll take it.

Machetevision is a little disappointing, the raps in it just do nothing for me. They aren't bad, just very mediocre.
I feel the same way.

Ambition is still fucking awesome tho.

PBY

Banned
Also, add this to the list of Nov. anticipated releases- that months CRAZY.

jet-life-album.jpg

overcast

enzo_gt said:
Not even mad at Kid Rock on this. I like this, much better than that garbage other single for the album.
I still haven't listened to that one.

Curren$y has an album coming out this month too or is that like a group album?

Macca

enzo_gt said:
Not even mad at Kid Rock on this. I like this, much better than that garbage other single for the album.
Hard White really grew on me. Hated it at first, but after a couple listens it really goes.

Is anyone making an OT for Radioactive?

overcast

Macca007 said:
Hard White really grew on me. Hated it at first, but after a couple listens it really goes.

Is anyone making an OT for Radioactive?
A big Yela fan should do it, I'm not the biggest so somebody else has to.

Interested in that Jet group album, should be quality.

kamspy

peterb0y said:
Group album

fffuuuu :(

Spitta's weed carriers are too busy carrying to write good raps. And Fiend ain't even Fiend anymore. Not even on some tracks. :(

Yela cut is fire. 5 mics incoming. Calling it now.

Macca

kamspy said:
fffuuuu :(

Spitta's weed carriers are too busy carrying to write good raps. And Fiend ain't even Fiend anymore. Not even on some tracks. :(

Yela cut is fire. 5 mics incoming. Calling it now.
Source gave it 4.5 I believe. I can't wait.

Detox

Yela will blow up with the right marketing. If the Em track is an anthem he will be big. My friends who listen to whatever's in the mainstream heard Trunk Muzik and went crazy over the guy, his flow is enjoyable ti listen to.

Would there be enough interest for a Gaf-Hop platoon on BF3? We might be able to organise games in the future if there is enough people.

Macca

Dunno if this was posted, it's a bit old. But I was just looking at the Detox wiki page and saw this:

http://twitter.com/#!/WESTCOASTDOC/status/127805749278687233

Detox isn't 2011 anymore (Duh) and The Psycho, the song he was going to do with 50 has been dropped.

kamspy

Detox said:
Yela will blow up with the right marketing. If the Em track is an anthem he will be big. My friends who listen to whatever's in the mainstream heard Trunk Muzik and went crazy over the guy, his flow is enjoyable ti listen to.

Would there be enough interest for a Gaf-Hop platoon on BF3? We might be able to organise games in the future if there is enough people.

Lets do it. I've already got MOB and Tokubetsu on my friend list. ID is kamspy. Play on PC.

Detox

Yeah I'm on PC will lag a bit playing across the Atlantic but I don't mind. Will add you guys when I get home.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
Dunno if this was posted, it's a bit old. But I was just looking at the Detox wiki page and saw this:

http://twitter.com/#!/WESTCOASTDOC/status/127805749278687233

Detox isn't 2011 anymore (Duh) and The Psycho, the song he was going to do with 50 has been dropped.
they all said i was crazy when i said diablo 3 would come out before detox. who's crazy now.

TheOddOne

Tokubetsu said:
Oh man a Reef album totally produced by Snowgoons? I'm in.
Kind of had my fill of orchestral sample stuff Snowgoons does for the time being. Still it's Reef, so I gotta give it a spin in the future.

Tokubetsu

Kendrick & some Greenery got me through a rough hangover today. 6 pitchers of cheep bear, a cup of whiskey and a bottle of champagne did me damage watching that cards game last night. Put me down as a full time Kendrick Lamar fan now.

Also made the best BLT I've ever made at 8 this morning, still half drunk. Took me like half an hour to make in that state but shit saved my life.

CRS

Tokubetsu said:
Kendrick & some Greenery got me through a rough hangover today. 6 pitchers of cheep bear, a cup of whiskey and a bottle of champagne did me damage watching that cards game last night. Put me down as a full time Kendrick Lamar fan now.

Also made the best BLT I've ever made at 8 this morning, still half drunk. Took me like half an hour to make in that state but shit saved my life.
Fact: Bacon cures hangovers.

Tokubetsu

The new gibbs tape has a very cliche tracklist/track names.

01. Barely M.A.D.E. It
02. Rob Me A Nigga f.. Alley Boy
03. 187 Proof
04. Anything To Survive f. Freeway & Sly Polaroid
05. 2′s & Fews f. Young Jeezy
06. Gotta Let Ya Nuts Hang f. Will Scrilla
07. Let ‘Em Burn
08. B.A.N.ned
09. My Homeboy’s Girlfriend
10. PSA 2 (Pussy So Amazin)
11. Natural High
12. Str8 Slammin f. Juicy J
13. Menace II Society f. Dom Kennedy
14. Neighborhood Hoes f. 2 Chainz
15. Heaven Can Wait
16. My Dogz

Look at some of those names, I'm dying. "My Homeboy's Girlfriend" and "Gotta Let Ya Nuts Hang" in particular.

Slizz

Tokubetsu said:
The new gibbs tape has a very cliche tracklist/track names.

Look at some of those names, I'm dying. "My Homeboy's Girlfriend" and "Gotta Let Ya Nuts Hang" in particular.

Half(maybe not half, but a lot) of that has already been released =\

Detox

Kendrick never grabbed my attention until Section 80, I always questioned what Dre saw in him and now dude can't do no wrong. Should I bother with his older releases?

TheOddOne

Detox said:
Kendrick never grabbed my attention until Section 80, I always questioned what Dre saw in him and now dude can't do no wrong. Should I bother with his older releases?
I did that with KRIT and kind of regret it. No idea about Kendrick though, but I'm avoiding his older stuff for now.

Kusagari

Complex Shadow said:
they all said i was crazy when i said diablo 3 would come out before detox. who's crazy now.

The new comparison should be Detox vs. FFXIII: Versus or Detox vs. MGS: Rising.

Those two games will probably come out before Detox too.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Tokubetsu said:

Some of the best food ever made is made half drunk. #FACT

overcast

Kusagari said:
The new comparison should be Detox vs. FFXIII: Versus or Detox vs. MGS: Rising.

Those two games will probably come out before Detox too.
Versus 13 is never coming out. They are going to cancel it.

Does most of Gaf-Hop game or what? When I get back on Xbox Live I would like to play some Gears or BF3.

Esch

Banned
Tokubetsu said:

your conversion was inevitable son

STL gonna win the series believe it

Detox said:

Overly dedicated is alright. It's not section 80, but its a good tape for sure

Esch

Banned
Agreed, PC or bust. Consoles are pretty much useless now for me in these days. Sony has some first party shit i'm interested in, but the other two can suck it hard. And so can waggle.

overcast said:
Versus 13 is never coming out. They are going to cancel it.

Does most of Gaf-Hop game or what? When I get back on Xbox Live I would like to play some Gears or BF3.
All consoles(Still need to get my 360 repaired) except no gaming pc, but I'm trying to work on that.

Well, I guess I have a decent gaming PC. I have a lot of games on steam.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Y'all are suckas for not playing Forza 4 right now, if that is the case.

Tokubetsu said:

Toku you should stop by more often brah. Make this thread your personal twitter, stop venturing further away from your GAF-Hop brethren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom