• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

I would love to get a gaming PC but there's no point in me getting it because of my current internet connection.

iavi

I'm not digging that latest Yela track at all, and I like the dude. I can see what he's going for there, and it's not me.

kamspy

ChldRebelSoldr said:
I would love to get a gaming PC but there's no point in me getting it because of my current internet connection.

Not true. You can download your Steam games from another computer (work, library etc.). I know a guy who downloads his shit at work because he lives in the sticks. Just need an external hard drive.

Also, Common is Karl Malone of rap. In the good ways and bad.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I just can't get into Common's current style of rapping. He doesn't spit to rip the mic up any more.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he's ghostwriting some of Ye's shit. I closed my eyes for a sec and heard it.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
overcast said:
Check the last page complex.
thanks.

Miri said:
I'm not digging that latest Yela track at all, and I like the dude. I can see what he's going for there, and it's not me.
i know how you feel. hes good though.

K.Jack said:
I just can't get into Common's current style of rapping. He doesn't spit to rip the mic up any more.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he's ghostwriting some of Ye's shit. I closed my eyes for a sec and heard it.
i like the new common. and you sound right about ye, i can hear it too. but that maybe why i like the new common.

CRS

kamspy said:
Not true. You can download your Steam games from another computer (work, library etc.). I know a guy who downloads his shit at work because he lives in the sticks. Just need an external hard drive.

Also, Common is Karl Malone of rap. In the good ways and bad.
My download speed is fine. I would say it's pretty good. The only problem is my latency/ping. I have satellite internet so not only is it impossible to play multiplayer games, but I only get a limit of 600 MB/day.

I'm still grateful for it though. Better than having dial-up.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
ChldRebelSoldr said:
My download speed is fine. I would say it's pretty good. The only problem is my latency/ping. I have satellite internet so not only is it impossible to play multiplayer games, but I only get a limit of 600 MB/day.

bandwidth caps don't matter that much when your playing online. its just downloading the games which is ridicules. gta 4 is fucking 10+ gigs.

iavi

ChldRebelSoldr said:

I used to have satellite a long while back, and dealt with the exact same thing. Speeds were fine, but Live just wouldn't let me connect at the time. I don't know if that's changed.

enzo_gt said:
Yup, my most anticipated album by far ATM.

Co-signed. The fact that it's all No I.D was enough to get me hyped, but that track there really is some great shit.

Complex Shadow said:
i know how you feel. hes good though.

Yeah, and I ain't even tripping either, I'm still in hype mode for the album. Hard White knocked.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Got to travel tonight...

How was that East Coast mix?

IrishNinja

wait, diablo 3 > detox? im full on sonic-cycle for that shit after snoop/quik video and dre doing this thing. d3 on the other hand...i dunno, ill still be playing Dark Souls by then i bet.

also: new jonwaye! ima check that out.

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Fact: Bacon cures hangovers.

say whaaaat? here i was doing IV cocktails in the day for nothin'

Complex Shadow said:
I am not gonna even click that. Why would you post that.

i know it's mad suspect, but that bieber + raekwon track wasn't as awful as it shoulda been.

ReconYoda said:
Same day as Andre 3000 solo album and Detox drops.

you cold as ice.

Complex Shadow said:
PC gaming is best gaming. Steam deals are amazing.

+1. steam > everything, and once i OC my shit soon, its all about Dolphin. Killer 7, WW and all my shit in HD! fuck yes.

3992558656-1.jpg

REPOSTING FOR NEW THREAD: Wrekonize - A soiree for skeptics is my favorite thing to come out of miami in like forever. much love to tokus or whoever put me on last OT; check out "broken pieces", "breakdown", "sunspots", lotta shit i dug here - i fuck with !mayday! but the production here is better than i expected too.

coldvein

Banned
overcast said:
Versus 13 is never coming out. They are going to cancel it.

Does most of Gaf-Hop game or what? When I get back on Xbox Live I would like to play some Gears or BF3.

i own a PS3 which i mostly use for netflix viewing. I am playing the fuck out of Dark Souls right now though.

IrishNinja

coldvein said:
i own a PS3 which i mostly use for netflix viewing. I am playing the fuck out of Dark Souls right now though.

haha, there's our common ground. my Wanderer's gonna go for the plat! GOTY right there.

CRS

Miri said:
I used to have satellite a long while back, and dealt with the exact same thing. Speeds were fine, but Live just wouldn't let me connect at the time. I don't know if that's changed.
Nope. Hasn't changed one fucking bit. Single player games are fine, it's the multiplayer games I need.

I'll probably start looking into building a PC soon. My laptop is about to crap out so at least I have a legitimate reason to. I also don't have any more room for media. I have more RAM than hard disk space right now. :(

IrishNinja

was just wiki'ing Common to find out about his new album, found this bit:

In an August 2007 interview with XXL, rapper Q-Tip of the group A Tribe Called Quest stated that he and Common were forming a group called The Standard. While the two were meant to hit the studio to record a Q-Tip-produced album, possibly with contributions from Kanye West, Common put out Universal Mind Control instead and has already planned a next album, The Dreamer, The Believer, for late 2011.

...the fuck? i want him & Tip to do a project, that could be so good.

Kaizer

Banned
IrishNinja said:
was just wiki'ing Common to find out about his new album, found this bit:

...the fuck? i want him & Tip to do a project, that could be so good.
In a dream world, I'd have a super group of Common, Q-Tip, Talib Kweli, Mos Def & Jay Electronica with production from Premo, 9th Wonder & Kanye West. My mind would explode.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
overcast said:
I still haven't listened to that one.

Curren$y has an album coming out this month too or is that like a group album?

Next week Slim Thug is dropping a song with Curren$y. Part of his Thug Thursday.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
overcast said:
Versus 13 is never coming out. They are going to cancel it.

Does most of Gaf-Hop game or what? When I get back on Xbox Live I would like to play some Gears or BF3.

I game, not nearly as much as I used to though. Marriage has a way of reducing the gaming hours. But I am down for some multiplayer shooters. But since I can't play that much, I never really get that good, but I have a good time.

CRS

So I finally started going through my Flying Lotus backlog, and god damn his Reset EP is amazing.

I can already tell these songs are going to be some of my all-time favorite FL tracks.

Tea Leaf Dancers

Massage Situation

Been cutting back on weed but I think I can make an exception just to listen to Tea Leaf Dancers on repeat. Seriously.

overcast

Complex Shadow said:
Sounds good. I'll try to give it a spin tommrow.

It's ok. It was a shitty joke =[
Now I feel bad. Don't beat yourself up.

Damn it's really good, surprised we aren't talking about it a lot more. It's probably because it's so damn brief.

Throavium

The EP gives me a Madvillainy feel, short and to the point tracks with little choruses, with skits in between.

Danny goes so hard on Jordan VIII.

Satyamdas

Banned
Kaizer said:
The sad part is this probably isn't a parody or joke lmao. I stiil remember when the "It's So Cold in the D" video came out, good times.
Wrong.

Chapter -plays roles in her music videos using "Satire" which is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
I thought it was pretty obvious from the content of the song that it was a joke, but that description is literally right underneath the video.

overcast

Throavium said:
The EP gives me a Madvillainy feel, short and to the point tracks with little choruses, with skits in between.

Danny goes so hard on Jordan VIII.
I can see that. Wake Up, Zap, and Jordan are my favorites.

Kaizer

Banned
Satyamdas said:
Wrong.

I thought it was pretty obvious from the content of the song that it was a joke, but that description is literally right underneath the video.
Oh that's cool then, video/song is still ridiculous regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom