• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
NIP a classic? I'm living in fucking bizarro land. Jesus fucking christ.

Saw these earlier. NIP will be remembered as a classic. Someone needs to gif the model at 0:56 with DAT SHIT CRAY underneath. They need to put a video out for this song NOW. What's taking so long? Thought they already shot it too.

Other stuff I've been meaning to post:

Tinie Tempah ft. J. Cole & Wretch 32 - Like It Or Love It. This shit goes, J. Cole's verse is insane.

Dre and Snoop perform The Next Episode, and together for the first time in years in Singapore. Failcensoring is a fail.

Emilio Rojas kills Lord Knows.

Common spits Nas' verse from Life's A Bitch. A bit random, but it's one of my favourite Nas verses, so I thought it was pretty cool.

And wait, Mac Miller isn't on a major? I don't like him or Gambino but I give respect where respect is due, they earned it.

Holy fucking hell at Cole's verse. I said damn!

The three tapes from the Fahrenheit 1/15th series. The only ones you really need.

Interesting, I'd appreciate others' thoughts on this as well. I know a few people to think Touch the Sky was his best....

NIP a classic? I'm living in fucking bizarro land. Jesus fucking christ.

...I think it is too..

Lol it won't be a classic, shit like Graduation and WTT will sound extremely dated years from now.

I can see College Dropout and probably Late Registration surviving the alien invasion tho. Y'all are a bit too quick on the classic thing. At least give NIP a year to soak in.

Seems like it. Life must be rough outside these castle walls, huh?

nah...we've got the siege towers and trebuchets ready son. We are now watching the throne.

Lol it won't be a classic, shit like Graduation and WTT will sound extremely dated years from now.

I can see College Dropout and probably Late Registration surviving the alien invasion tho. Y'all are a bit too quick on the classic thing. At least give NIP a year to soak in.

+1

it's a fun song, FoTM kinda track right now. but "a classic" is going a bit far, friends.

edit: you know what? as a pure "get hype"/anger-management song, it may never really get old. so long as it's not overplayed for much longer.

siddx

It isn't. You are both wrong. It just fucking isn't. Stop. Stop everything. It's not even the best song on that half assed album. Kanye could run through his shows slapping audience members with his unwashed cock and some of you stans would scream how much you love it cause cockslapping is so cray.

...I'm too old for this shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

WTT ain't close to a classic, not what I said. NIP is on the way there as long as it doesn't burn out like Airplanes, which I don't see happening.

Eh, people claim shit is a classic all the time on GAF-Hop. Hyperbole is GAF-Hop. Was completely effective too, look at siddx's post.

The last 2 albums I'd call classics are MotM1 and College Dropout. MBDTF comes close though.

WTT ain't close to a classic, not what I said. NIP is on the way there as long as it doesn't burn out like Airplanes, which I don't see happening.

Eh, people claim shit is a classic all the time on GAF-Hop. Hyperbole is GAF-Hop. Was completely effective too, look at siddx's post.

The last 2 albums I'd call classics are MotM1 and College Dropout. MBDTF comes close though.

No love for Be?

I'm a sad panda.

Esch

Banned
niggas in paris fucking sucks for about 60% of the song.

Best of the like 3 good songs on wtt is still New Day.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty sick but most of those people look like they have no idea what is going on. Nice Beats plug by Snoop at the end there.
You can tell, even though they did try to do a Nate Dogg kind of tribute portion, they clearly abbreviated it knowing a lot of the people there had no idea what is going on.

No love for Be?

I'm a sad panda.
I fucking love Be. Only heard it this year though, so I'm not ready to go that far. Intro though <3 <3 <3 One of my favourite songs I've listened to all year, and probably ever.

Jay Sosa

J.Cole track was deleted :C

And I don't get the love for NIP, sounds like some cheesy eurodance trash I heard In the 90s. But it's better than light lights lights lights lights, I give you that. Also glad they realized that cray is probably the worst made up word ever.

MOTM a classic? Ha.

Eh, I heard worse contenders.

JackEtc

I just can't get enough of the NIP beat. As far as hip-hop beats go, I've always been a partial to more "basic", 90's style beats. RZA's beats are the perfect example of the types of beats I really love. Usually not really a fan of a lot of modern, mainstream hip-hip beats.

But the NIP beat is just so HOT, I love it.

siddx

MOTM a classic? Ha.

In My Dreams and Make Her Say disqualify it for classic status. In My Dreams is the reason it took me months to get into the album. Just such a horrible way to open the album. And Make Her Say is plain boring.

Without those tracks I would say it's a classic...and I fucking hate Kid Cudi.

It was a good album, fantasically produced but Cudi can't carry an album for shit.

It was a healthy amount of spots away from even being the best album the year it came out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
J.Cole track was deleted :C

And I don't get the love for NIP, sounds like some cheesy eurodance trash I heard In the 90s. But it's better than light lights lights lights lights, I give you that. Also glad they realized that cray is probably the worst made up word ever.

Eh, I heard worse contenders.
New link:
http://hulkshare.com/6ll8fcv7adxw

Discotheque said:
I wish we got to hear the more 'soulful' version of WTT.
My thoughts exactly. Also I'm kind of salty because they kind of tamed That's My Bitch.

Common has no classic albums. He does however have 4 fantastic A tier albums.

Be as a whole isn't classic IMO. Some classic tracks on there though.

fair.

I fucking love Be. Only heard it this year though, so I'm not ready to go that far. Intro though <3 <3 <3 One of my favourite songs I've listened to all year, and probably ever.

word. intro track only gets better with age. :)

Jay Sosa

In My Dreams and Make Her Say disqualify it for classic status. In My Dreams is the reason it took me months to get into the album. Just such a horrible way to open the album. And Make Her Say is plain boring.

Seriously? Thought those two tracks are pretty good(especially in my dreams). Now that ABC song on the other hand. Boy that one is annoying. ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC wahhhh

New link:
http://hulkshare.com/6ll8fcv7adxw

My thoughts exactly. Also I'm kind of salty because they kind of tamed That's My Bitch.

Thanks dude !

CRS

Interesting, I'd appreciate others' thoughts on this as well. I know a few people to think Touch the Sky was his best....
Is it an official mixtape? I only know of 7 maybe 8 official tapes.

3 x Fahrenheit 1/15th
It Was Written
Lupe the Jedi
Muhammad Walks (maybe)
Enemy of the State
Friend of the People

CRS

I completely disagree about In My Dreams. It's a perfect intro for the album because it sets the mood throughout the rest of the album. The first half leads up to Common's second half and I couldn't picture the album starting off with Common's intro.

Make Her Say was on there because it sold. Nothing else. I'm pretty sure Cudi mentioned it somewhere that he didn't want it on the album either. Really wish it was a bonus track because it doesn't fit in at all.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Sounds more like a favorite of yours, in no way will it be regarded as a classic. And that's coming from someone who thoroughly enjoyed MOTM.

then i think you need to enjoy it more. or at least give it more time before saying if it is/isn't a classic (same for me) MOTM has been one of the few albums i can go back to time and time again.

siddx

Seriously? Thought those two tracks are pretty good(especially in my dreams). Now that ABC song on the other hand. Boy that one is annoying. ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC wahhhh

Thanks dude !

Simple As That is the reason I gave the album another shot. It came on randomly in my playlist and I loved the song so much I went back and gave the album another listen. Make Her Say being a single and In My Dreams being the first track completely ruined my initial impression of the album and nearly put it on the backburner permanently.

coldvein

Banned
Make Her Say is my least favorite track on the album.

Cudi Zone, Soundtrack 2 My Life, Heart of a Lion, Sky Might Fall, Pursuit of Happiness... those make it a classic for me.

how a dude can fall off so hard after putting out that record is beyond me. oh well..

Recon

Banned
I honestly think A Kid Named Cudi was a better effort. MOTM had higher highs, but lower lows. I felt A Kid Named Cudi was consistently good the whole way.

then i think you need to enjoy it more. or at least give it more time before saying if it is/isn't a classic (same for me) MOTM has been one of the few albums i can go back to time and time again.
That album has gotten dozens of play from me, it was one of my favorites that year but I wouldn't call it a classic by any stretch.

siddx

I actually didn't like anything but Cleveland is the Reason off Kid Named Cudi. I'm starting to realize that my love with MOTM is a giant fluke because everything else has been either awful or mediocre. And I fucking can't stand the dude. Just one of those weird things I guess.

kamspy

I always picture you drunk in your underwear, swinging a machete while screaming ridiculous things about hip hop.

Semi accurate. I don't drink much though. I'm more of a smoker.

I'm pretty shocked people think MOTM is a classic, never even heard that opinion before.

I wouldn't even really call it a hip hop album. Not knocking the quality, it just doesn't strike me as a rap album. Ambient stoner trance hop.

hubes

the biggest kanye stan in the world went 6 years without listening to the peak of kanyes production? ummmmm

Recon

Banned
I actually didn't like anything but Cleveland is the Reason off Kid Named Cudi.

The Prayer( For its subtle diss at Flo Rida)
Embrace The Martian
Man On The Moon
Maui Wowie
50 Ways To Make A Record
Cleveland Is The Reason
Heaven At Nite

These are all songs i fucking love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom