• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Absolutely a Be vibe. I'm starting to think this album may be a return to Be form. Maybe I should tame those expectations.

TheOddOne

overcast said:
Absolutely a Be vibe. I'm starting to think this album may be a return to Be form. Maybe I should tame those expectations.
If The Dreamer, The Believer turns out to be Be 1.5 then I'll be one happy camper.

Common Speaks On Upcoming LP With Nas, Current Standing With G.O.O.D. Music
Com Sense says his album with Nasir Jones will happen and explains its origins.

Common tapped Nas for his latest single “Ghetto Dreams,” but as previously reported, the duo has much more in store. Speaking with Hard Knock TV, Com Sense reiterated that their collaborative LP is still in the works and that it originated as a mixtape titled Nas (Dot) Com.

“At some point, we will do that. We’d talked about it and we had a good idea to call it Nas (Dot) Com. That was actually going to be a mixtape at one point,” he revealed. “But we decided that we should make it an album. And we will. Nas is working on his album right now and my album is coming, November 22nd.”

He also spoke on his current standing with G.O.O.D. Music, explaining that although his upcoming album The Dreamer, The Believer won’t release on the label, he’s still part of the family.

“I’m still G.O.O.D Music affiliated, for sure. I’ll always be,” he said. “Me and ‘Ye, that’s my brother. I’m still part of the whole G.O.O.D. Music family. It’s not coming out through the G.O.O.D. Music label, but I’m still always associated. I’m still part of G.O.O.D. Music.”

Watch the full interview below, where he also speaks on working with No I.D., a potential Soulquarians album and more.
Common did the right thing by going to another label, Kanye got other priorities.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Common and Nas album called Nas.Com?

ILL TAKE IT!

Especially after Ghetto Dreams.

Is this the first we got a date on Common's album too? November 22nd can't come soon enough.

Kaizer

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Common and Nas album called Nas.Com?

ILL TAKE IT!

Especially after Ghetto Dreams.

Is this the first we got a date on Common's album too? November 22nd can't come soon enough.
A Common and Nas Album?
9K2aZ.gif

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I didn't like Ghetto Dreams until Nas came in and utterly destroyed it

And Bria Myles in the video.... DAAAAAAMN son.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Riff Raff says some of the most nonsensical shit I've ever heard in my life. I still can't get over how this guy once said, "Starnum and Stailey....make em do circus tricks...barnum n bailey."

edit: I think it was this.

Kaizer

Banned
So I started listening to this last night:
gELS4.jpg

Contrary to most of GAF-Hop (outside of Enzo I think and a few others) I enjoyed Finally Famous, beats were great all around. The remixes on here are pretty good, I especially like the mix of "New Soul" with "Too Late".

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Kaizer said:
So I started listening to this last night:
http://i.imgur.com/gELS4.jpg[/MG]
Contrary to most of GAF-Hop (outside of Enzo I think and a few others) I enjoyed Finally Famous, beats were great all around. The remixes on here are pretty good, I especially like the mix of "New Soul" with "Too Late".[/QUOTE]
big sean FF was mostly production.

Why in the fuck was I not informed about this? Posthumous Nujabes album announced; ‘Spiritual State’ to be released on December 3rd

Quite unexpectedly Hydeout announced that ‘Spiritual State’ is set for a release on December 3rd this year. It’s the first official Nujabes release since he passed away in 2010, and will be the final full-length album of material by the Japanese genius.

qVq5W.jpg

Track list:
1. Spiritual State (ft. Uyama Hiroto)
2. Sky Is Tumbling (ft. Cise Star)
3. Gone Are The Day (ft. Uyama Hiroto)
4. Spirale
5. City Light (ft. Substantial & Pase Rock)
6. Color Of Autumn
7. Down On The Side
8. Yes (ft. Pase Rock)
9. Rainy Way Back Home
10. Far Fowls
11. Fellows
12. Waiting For The Clouds (ft. Substantial)
13. Prayer
14. Island (ft. Uyama Hiroto & Haruka Nakamura)

I'm so fucking hyped.

Edit: Added cover art since I am on laptop now.

I'm seriously freaking out. This is like the best thing that I have accidentally stumbled upon on the internet all week. New Nujabes. Someone catch me I am about to faint. ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!!

iavi

I would be freaking out, then I realize that this really is the last one and all the hype dies. Bittersweet to the tee.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
CaptYamato said:
Three tracks with Uyama Hiroto. When is he going to make another album? A Son of A Son was really great.
I knew Uyama Hiroto could be a legend in the making when he remixed a Nujabes song (Fly Love Song) and I actually liked his remix better. He really does need another album, though. ASotS came out a little more than 3 years ago now. I really hope he's at work on something great.

iavi

If you guys haven't checked Kenmochi Hidefumi, do it, like now. He's one of the lesser mentioned Hyde Out bros, but released the best album on the label to date, imo.

tumblr_lna1nnKG8e1qcjeczo1_cover.jpeg

Kenmochi Hidefumi - Falliccia

Falliccia
Emperor

Stat Flow said:
I knew Uyama Hiroto could be a legend in the making when he remixed a Nujabes song (Fly Love Song) and I actually liked his remix better. He really does need another album, though. ASotS came out a little more than 3 years ago now. I really hope he's at work on something great.

Didn't he also do some music for a video game? I just noticed that the last last track is Nujabes, Uyama, and Haruka Nakamura. The three best in their genre producing one track...FUUUCCCKKKKK

BTW the album is on Yesasia.

iavi

CaptYamato said:
This is nice. I'm going to have to import the album.

Yeah, it's some incredibly serene stuff. And the best thing is, I just found out that he released an album past that one.

20101208_1660486.jpeg

"Shakespeare"

Stoner Sunshine
Sakura Mentos

It sounds a bit more chaotic than what he was going for on Falliccia, but I fucking love this track.

e: Holy shit, gaf hop. This shit is so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom