• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that you are definitely in the minority if you didnt think MBDTF was amazing.

Ye albums I dont like: Graduation, 808s (though I can appreciate 808s for what it is and its impact, its not me. I think Graduation is straight up garbage though).

coldvein

Banned
Hopefully it isn't too pricey, and hopefully I can get a job this month. Because I have a feeling the energy when Bangarang plays will kill people.

guarantee that the energy of the whole show, start to finish, will kill people. and i don't see it being too expensive.. $20 max.

kamspy

Honestly, I've never really hated listening to birdman rap or anything, I just feel like he's just there

But him and mannie fresh had them catchy as fuck songs when they were Big Tymers, I used to like their songs quite a bit lol.

Yup. I love How You Love That? Vol 2. One of the great southern albums of that era. Back when Cash Money was still jocking No Limit with the big ass iced out label logo taking up 90% of the back of the CD case. AKA, back when Cash Money was good. Once the label logos left, the quality went to shit.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000009QMD/?tag=neogaf0e-20

JackEtc

I'd feel blasphemous to agree with you all that MBDTF should win AOTY in a year a new Gaga album came out...

I feel blasphemous

overcast

guarantee that the energy of the whole show, start to finish, will kill people. and i don't see it being too expensive.. $20 max.
I read $13 on the official site. That's great. The drive out to Hollywood is a big one though.
Yeah, I believe Big Boi single is with Little Dragon. Could be wrong tho, but yeah I'm interested in features for sure. My first time hearing yelawolf was on big Boi's album.
Apparently he did record a few tracks with Little Dragon, that sounds pretty damn interesting.

Does anyone else think that HnC may top Section. 80? Every song that has been released has been ridiculous. Hopefully it makes it out before the end of the year.

Though I loved Kanye's last solo album a lot, my hiphop aoty, I can respect some not giving it classic status.

I think that years from now it will be looked back on as at least a near classic, a great album.

Yela, 40k..Makes sense. Dude was marketed wrong, and the production on his album...LOL. He needed a solid crossover track. Like a track with Adelle would've help.

PBY

Banned
I'd feel blasphemous to agree with you all that MBDTF should win AOTY in a year a new Gaga album came out...

I feel blasphemous

Audio Video Disco miiiiiiight be my AOTY, if were counting all genres. But its probably (ie defnitely) WTT.

Yup. I love How You Love That? Vol 2. One of the great southern albums of that era. Back when Cash Money was still jocking No Limit with the big ass iced out label logo taking up 90% of the back of the CD case. AKA, back when Cash Money was good. Once the label logos left, the quality went to shit.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000009QMD/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I kind of feel like to listenin to those albums, I mostly know them by their singles.

Does anyone else think that HnC may top Section. 80? Every song that has been released has been ridiculous. Hopefully it makes it out before the end of the year.
Yeah.....I feel like there's a high chance I might like it more and I'm really loving beats on the songs he has released so far.

Recon

Banned
Kanye's meltdown when he doesnt win a grammy for MBDTF is going to be glorious. Please grab the mic and steal it from Adele ,Yeezy, please, for the children.

Kanye's meltdown when he doesnt win a grammy for MBDTF is going to be glorious. Please grab the mic and steal it from Adele ,Yeezy, please, for the children.

This is the only reason I really check for award shows anymore. I want to see another Kanye heel turn. He just needs to embrace his inner NWO and run with it. Rush Adele and tell it like it is.

It's not even the change in genre that disappointed me, it's just that it could have been a lot better. It was like a crap Journey cover album or something wtf. Surkin's album ethered Justice.

Yeah Adele seems like a pretty reasonable bet for the grammys.

e: muthafuckas should be pursuing her like crazy for hooks. Hometown Hero sounded so good.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Still on Kanye? Sweet. MBDTSUBARUSTIAE86DRIFTMACHINE was fucking garbage. He writes his verses like he has his weed carriers brainstorm one witty line and then writes a terrible verse around it, and he is so concerned with trying to be artsy with production he forgets to actually be good. The whole illuminati castle music shtick is fucking idiotic and he comes across as a man child with limited intelligence in interviews.

That about covers my side I think. I still love all you kanye stans though. I mean it could be worse, ya'll could be wacka flocka stans.

Anyways that Twinz album "Conversations" is one of the best west coast albums ever made. Anybody a fan of early/mid 90's west coast rap/G-Funk who hasnt heard it needs to track it down now. Still sounds as fresh as it did when I bought the tape back in the day.

PBY

Banned
Still on Kanye? Sweet. MBDTSUBARUSTIAE86DRIFTMACHINE was fucking garbage. He writes his verses like he has his weed carriers brainstorm one witty line and then writes a terrible verse around it, and he is so concerned with trying to be artsy with production he forgets to actually be good. The whole illuminati castle music shtick is fucking idiotic and he comes across as a man child with limited intelligence in interviews.

That about covers my side I think. I still love all you kanye stans though. I mean it could be worse, ya'll could be wacka flocka stans.

Anyways that Twinz album "Conversations" is one of the best west coast albums ever made. Anybody a fan of early/mid 90's west coast rap/G-Funk who hasnt heard it needs to track it down now. Still sounds as fresh as it did when I bought the tape back in the day.

you don't like flocka?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I fucked my money up now I can't re-up!!!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
funny how divisive mbdtf seems to be. for me it was the album that cemented kanye in legend status.

Really? I still can't really listen to it. Easily my least favorite album of his for me. Can't even think of a single track off that or WTT that I give a crap about today. By next year I'll have forgotten all about them.

MBDTF was the album that cemented my thought that Kanye needs a "no man" in the studio with him who's still connected to the real world, and isn't in the "castle."

Acid08

Banned
MBDTF is very very good. It's above Graduation and 808s as a whole for me although I like Good Life and The Glory more than any song on MBDTF.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Wandering Wind and NetWrecker form up like voltron with blackace and I to form the truth about MBDTMCDONALDS committee.

Kaizer

Banned
MBDTF was the album that cemented my thought that Kanye needs a "no man" in the studio with him who's still connected to the real world, and isn't in the "castle."

Yes, yes, yes. I enjoyed MBDTF, but nearly as much as Ye's other releases. TCD is still his magnum opus in my opinion.

I liked MBDWWF.COM a lot.

I'm hoping it's the beginning of his journey into total batshit insanity. His ability to meld his Hit-making sensibilities and grandiose music ambition is something that doesn't come around too often in music.

I hope he goes deeper down the rabbit hole and makes Pink Floyd Rap, and vents his simpler side through Watch The Throne type projects.

Wandering Wind and NetWrecker form up like voltron with blackace and I to form the truth about MBDTMCDONALDS committee.

:lol I don't know if I'm worthy of being part of the anti-MBDTshamalamadindong Voltron because I did thoroughly enjoy at least 3 tracks from the album, but gotdamn I wish someone was in the studio running every completed track through Audacity right before the album was finalized to cut 3 minutes from everything. So much attempted "genius" that just feels like a director working without an editor.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Word.

I'm hoping it's the beginning of his journey into total batshit insanity.

...the beginning? You mean the auto-tuned record about a bald-headed ho dumping his ass, the afro-mullet and the burning desire to appear to be the lovechild of Lionel Richie and Marty McFly wasn't the beginning? Kanye has been on that crazy for a while.

Word.

...the beginning? You mean the auto-tuned record about a bald-headed ho dumping his ass, the afro-mullet and the burning desire to appear to be the lovechild of Lionel Richie and Marty McFly wasn't the beginning? Kanye has been on that crazy for a while.

But MDBDOAHS was actually...um...good. To restate it, I hope this is the beginning of his bat shit insanity forcing him to make music that is experimental AND good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom