• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Lol. That's your first time hearing pumped up kicks?

Yeah I don't listen to the radio at all usually but I was driving the Jeep today which has no head unit and I'm too lazy to go find my old book of CDs...so radio it is. I also found myself laughing at this new trend of taking old ass techno songs (mostly house) and rapping/singing RnB over it. Someone is getting rich off all the shit I used to listen to at raves 10 years ago.

And regarding generic voices, it's one of my main complaints with these soft white rock bands. Dudes have such boring voices with no depth or life.

Sorry HiRes, I dont fuck with Rae at all. He's Ghostface's hypeman.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Also, Blackace you live in Japan right? Whats the weed scene out there? I heard (from webehigh.com) thats its crazy expensive and not that popular?

Possession can net you years... And yes it is SUPER pricey and not that good... As far as it not being popular that is bullshit. You can find plenty of things promoting weed like shirts, socks, backpacks (for recon) and whatever.. And in the club scene you smell smoke all the time.. But it carries the same weight as coke or meth and cost as much so people don't stunt like they can in the states.

PBY

Banned
Yeah I don't listen to the radio at all usually but I was driving the Jeep today which has no head unit and I'm too lazy to go find my old book of CDs...so radio it is. I also found myself laughing at this new trend of taking old ass techno songs (mostly house) and rapping/singing RnB over it. Someone is getting rich off all the shit I used to listen to at raves 10 years ago.

And regarding generic voices, it's one of my main complaints with these soft white rock bands. Dudes have such boring voices with no depth or life.

Sorry HiRes, I dont fuck with Rae at all. He's Ghostface's hypeman

Whhhhaaaaaattttt

Blackace

This trend has been around for a min.. I knew we were in for a bad time in club music when Triple 6 Maifia started making Euro-Bop

siddx

This trend has been around for a min.. I knew we were in for a bad time in club music when Triple 6 Maifia started making Euro-Bop

I mean the idea has some potential, it's just done so half assed. I like techno, I used to make techno more than I made hip hop. But the way these artists are doing it is just sloppy and cheap.

And I don't think you saw my other post but I was wondering if you did a WCW yesterday that I missed.

I wish they wouldn't release so much crap. I do have some hype for Krayzie's next solo project. Fuck if that'll ever get released though. And then stupid beef between the members isn't helping. Man, sucks to be a Bone stan. Almost makes me want to drink at how bummed out I get. Damn.

I want to punch every single one of them. They need to stop their bullshit.

Blackace

I mean the idea has some potential, it's just done so half assed. I like techno, I used to make techno more than I made hip hop. But the way these artists are doing it is just sloppy and cheap.

And I don't think you saw my other post but I was wondering if you did a WCW yesterday that I missed.

Sorry this week has been nuts... actcually my cousin in Everett passed away. He was only 37 has 3 kids... So been busy with working and dealing with the emotions of that.

But been working on that Getoboys/Scarface mix and WCW 10 for next week..

siddx

Sorry this week has been nuts... actcually my cousin in Everett passed away. He was only 37 has 3 kids... So been busy with working and dealing with the emotions of that.

Oh shit I'm sorry, thats fucked the fuck up. My condolences.

Damn, sorry for your loss. Three kids :(

Blackace

Oh shit I'm sorry, thats fucked the fuck up. My condolences.

Yeah it is... Being stuck in Japan makes it harder..

It is one of those things, I am not close to my father's family by design.. He wanted us to go to college and not be into the things that his family was... and while my cousin was a bit ignorant he was the cousin I was kind of close to..

siddx

Yeah it is... Being stuck in Japan makes it harder..

It is one of those things, I am not close to my father's family by design.. He wanted us to go to college and not be into the things that his family was... and while my cousin was a bit ignorant he was the cousin I was kind of close to..

Yeah, I understand, growing up overseas, we were always so far away from family back in the US, every time we had a loss the distance made it harder.
I have a cousin who I am really close with who is horrible health, just destroying himself through neglect and I worry about getting that call all the time.

Recon

Banned

Sorry man...hope you are doing alright, and your family..

Blackace

Yeah, I understand, growing up overseas, we were always so far away from family back in the US, every time we had a loss the distance made it harder.
I have a cousin who I am really close with who is horrible health, just destroying himself through neglect and I worry about getting that call all the time.

My cousin wasn't in bad health that I knew of, but I can say he pretty much did it to himself..

iavi

I preferred Thursday to HOB. Its focus on hooks just rolled better with me.

E: My condolences, Blackace. 37 was way too young.

PBY

Banned

My condolences man, sorry for your loss; thoughts/prayers are with you

Blackace

CRS

:( My condolences, man. My prayers go out to you and his family.

Acid08

Banned

Can't wait for this.

CRS

Kollage.jpg

Never knew about this until yesterday when a buddy linked me to a couple of tracks. Damn. Majority of album produced by Premier.

3 The Hard Way

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Damn, my condolences go out to you and his family man, that's saddening to hear.

iavi

Kanye & Hov have a series of mini documentaries called Voyr being done. The first one just went up. Looks like they'll consist of behind the scenes interviews and such during their WTT tour.

IrishNinja

i remember when OT1 taught me about Bahamadia, so dope. wish idve heard her in the day.

and yeah, sorry for the loss, ace. this week's losses remind me ironically of Patrice O'Neal saying he's 179 years old in white people years or some shit like that, fucking shit sucks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye & Hov have a series of mini documentaries called Voyr being done. The first one just went up. Looks like they'll consist of behind the scenes interviews and such during their WTT tour.

hook it straight to my fucking veins

seems like they scrapped the subscription model though.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's still there apparently. Just not specifically for Jay/Ye, but the entire site.

IrishNinja

yeah, fuckin A rza, who do you think we are?

BOUGHT 3 PAIRS PLUS THAT PAINTING OF HIM & WU AT VALLEY FORGE, #IDONTGIVEAFUCK

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
It's not the score I feel it really deserves, but it justifies itself as a really harsh critique that does address issues I've had with Gambino the past few years. I felt he was much more playful to start and he has definitely lost that along the way. I think he's gotten better on this album than the 2-3 years prior to it, but this guy can't not see through it. The dude is not really self aware, especially as much as he thinks he should be. I still find it bizarre when he strives for the serious tone on a more regular basis instead of having that take a backseat to his obvious comedic talent. He wants to be taken seriously very bad, but he's not willing to play to his strengths first. I really like the guy and I feel like the album deserves something more like a 6.7 or so, but this review totally justifies it's opinion pretty fairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom