• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
enzo_gt said:
Common and Nas album called Nas.Com?

ILL TAKE IT!

Especially after Ghetto Dreams.

Is this the first we got a date on Common's album too? November 22nd can't come soon enough.

Would be awesome....but it will never happen

iavi

CaptYamato said:
Miri,

Ever listen to Michita?

Yessir. I have 'One' and Three.' I prefer One to Three, and have no idea why I skipped over two. It's the glitch, I think. He plays with it a bit more on One.

IrishNinja

OMG new Nujabes, outta nowhere! i hope ya'll dont mind, im prolly gonna make a new thread or bump an old one for that, needs to be seen past just us.

CaptYamato said:
Three tracks with Uyama Hiroto. When is he going to make another album? A Son of A Son was really great.

this, so hard. i play that album at least once a week, prolly amongst the most relaxing things ive heard. last year when i lived at the beach it was the best.

related - does anyone have a date/more info on An Eternal Soul? i know im just waiting for another documentary like Beats, Rhymes & Life to kinda depress me, but Jazz-hop/Hydeout shit is still my favorite musical discoveries of the last decade, and it kills me that i know next to nothing about these guys.

ps Michita is great! don't sleep on Kenichiro Nishihara too.

IrishNinja said:
OMG new Nujabes, outta nowhere! i hope ya'll dont mind, im prolly gonna make a new thread or bump an old one for that, needs to be seen past just us.

this, so hard. i play that album at least once a week, prolly amongst the most relaxing things ive heard. last year when i lived at the beach it was the best.

related - does anyone have a date/more info on An Eternal Soul? i know im just waiting for another documentary like Beats, Rhymes & Life to kinda depress me, but Jazz-hop/Hydeout shit is still my favorite musical discoveries of the last decade, and it kills me that i know next to nothing about these guys.

Yeah Irish make a thread about it.

Edit: Humming Jazz is fucking magical.

Macca

Zoramon089 said:
J. Cole costume!
zERbg.jpg
To really be J. Cole another dude would have to be holding the girl while he just throws sand on her or some shit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Complex Shadow said:
big sean FF was mostly production.

Big Sean rides beats fairly well.. He ain't deep, or overly clever but he has decent delivery and uses the beats well.. You say it like he is at fault for having dope beats..

IrishNinja

come to think of it, i keep pointing at the mostly dead instrumental hip-hop thread - do we have an OT for that? i think a jazz-hop & instrumentals OT is long overdue, just wondering if anyone can find one before i go making one later tonight.

it'll only be a shame that a dude with no imaging/banner talent won't do Nujabes justice, heh.

TheOddOne

Blackace said:
Big Sean rides beats fairly well.. He ain't deep, or overly clever but he has decent delivery and uses the beats well.. You say it like he is at fault for having dope beats..
No I.D. on the track, let the story begin.

iavi

IrishNinja said:
come to think of it, i keep pointing at the mostly dead instrumental hip-hop thread - do we have an OT for that? i think a jazz-hop & instrumentals OT is long overdue, just wondering if anyone can find one before i go making one later tonight.

it'll only be a shame that a dude with no imaging/banner talent won't do Nujabes justice, heh.

There's a downtempo thread, but that thing is never alive, and doesn't entirely fit the genre, imo. I'm with you on the idea of a new OT.

I have no img skills either :(

Irish, if you need some help assembling it all--artist/examples wise--just let a dude know.

Macca

I must say, that J. Cole costume nails the facial expression spot on. So good.

IrishNinja said:

I'd give it a shot, but I honestly don't know enough about Nujabes :(

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Blackace said:
i don't say it like that. i just mean big sean needs to step his game up just a little more.
overcast said:
So is it true that Lupe's mixtape is coming out in November? The dude just makes no waves anymore.
did he ever make waves. man i didn't know about the cool until AFTER it came out.

overcast

Complex Shadow said:
did he ever make waves. man i didn't know about the cool until AFTER it came out.
People knew about his releases on the internet pretty quickly. Not necessarily too big, but most who followed rap knew about it.

Blackace

TheOddOne said:
No I.D. on the track, let the story begin.

Hey Cole's heating up like left over lasagna

That whole song reads like a recipe for dinner actually...

And Cole is suppose to be the poet lol

Complex Shadow said:
i don't say it like that. i just mean big sean needs to step his game up just a little more.

It must've been you...I was listening in on the cool when they did one of those album pre release streams...

Listening to that Big Sean mixtape.
Idk if I can get all the way thru this... Good production can only do so much for Big Sean.

TheOddOne

Blackace said:

Dem educated folk! Subject matter: broads you banged, want to bang or tried to bang. The rest is all about how much school work you got, how much College tuition costs and how fame ain't gonna change you one bit.

Yeah, referencing Jay-Z is a must too.

overcast

Blackace said:

He isn't a poet, nor did anybody call him that. He is much better lyrically then most rappers. Check the mixtapes.

Also, yeah I followed every leak for The Cool pretty much. Then again that's all I listened to in my Freshmen year.

Blackace

overcast said:
He isn't a poet, nor did anybody call him that. He is much better lyrically then most rappers. Check the mixtapes.

Also, yeah I followed every leak for The Cool pretty much. Then again that's all I listened to in my Freshmen year.

lol he ain't a poet he is just better than everyone else lyrically... lol..

That's what dope lyrist are called poets.. It's a Greek thing.

overcast

Blackace said:
lol he ain't a poet he is just better than everyone else lyrically... lol..

That's what dope lyrist are called poets.. It's a Greek thing.
Not everyone. Besides Krit there isn't someone new better lyrically.

Recon

Banned
Macca007 said:
Recon's going to kick my ass isn't he :(
I'm getting wasted in Detroit. Got some head from a chick in a grim reaper costume. I'm feeling too much love right now to care lol.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
TheOddOne said:
KRIT > Kendrick Lamar > Some rapper's I rather not list > J. Cole > Big Sean/Lupe/Wiz

who is this, i must know. if you say flocka or gucci. then i am going to go kick puppies.
Zoramon089 said:
It must've been you...I was listening in on the cool when they did one of those album pre release streams...
yea i guess it was just me.

overcast

TheOddOne said:
KRIT > Kendrick Lamar > Some rapper's I rather not list > J. Cole > Big Sean/Lupe/Wiz
I'll give you kendrick too. I also love how Lupe released one bad album and he is Wiz/Sean tier.

overcast said:
I'll give you kendrick too. I also love how Lupe released one bad album and he is Wiz/Sean tier.

Wiz released one bad album.
And its not like its JUST the bad album that hes done.
And lets not forget JAPANESE CARTOON.

overcast

Pinko Marx said:
Wiz released one bad album.
And its not like its JUST the bad album that hes done.
And lets not forget JAPANESE CARTOON.
Japanese Cartoon doesn't count lol. He's a dipshit, I'll give you that. Wiz hasn't approached F&L or The Cool.

TheOddOne

overcast said:
Lupe has lost it, closing down his label, firing all his key producers and now he is riding the crazy train.

Old sane Lupe > Cranky hipster-barely-can-articulate-shit new Lupe is a pile of garbage.

overcast

Doesn't matter if he's an idiot. SLR/Go To Sleep are both fairly recent, and those demonstrate that Lupe has way more talent than Wiz/Sean.

overcast said:
Doesn't matter if he's an idiot. SLR/Go To Sleep are both fairly recent, and those demonstrate that Lupe has way more talent than Wiz/Sean.

So did I'm Beaming and then he dropped lasers and got doo-doo braids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom