• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Skyrim is the dopeness.... I got Saint's Row on deck as well...

Saints Row 3 is going to be one of my christmas presents to myself. Figure once I've slowed down from obsessively playing skyrim to only semi obsessively playing it I'll have time for it. I dumped 300 hours into Oblivion though so I expect it will be a long time before I'm completely done with skyrim.

Recon

Banned
Saints Row 3 is going to be one of my christmas presents to myself. Figure once I've slowed down from obsessively playing skyrim to only semi obsessively playing it I'll have time for it. I dumped 300 hours into Oblivion though so I expect it will be a long time before I'm completely done with skyrim.

I havnt bought a game this year, but i might buy Saints Row 3 if it goes on steam sale.

Hip-hop and gaming go together like........like two things that go together. Let it ride, son.

-both started in the mid to late 70's
-both catch shit for being overly violent and male-focused, but actually has a lot of variety if you look for it
-same fights over "mainstream" vs. "underground"

I got nothing

edit: Child of Eden GOTY WHAT WHAT

iavi

Dues Ex was disappointing as hell.
Uncharted was a fancy climbing simulator with a scyfy channel quality movie spliced in.

Deus Ex was fun as hell. I wouldn't say that it was a GOTY just because of all that top tier stuff it has to go against, but it could have taken it in a weaker year easily.

]

I got that with the Kinect bundle. It's cool, but my arm hurts while playing it, and it loses most of its appeal while playing with the controller.

As for hip-hop.

I finished going through spaceghostpurrp's blvcklvnd rvdix last night. That shit falls apart so bad at the half. Definitely front-loaded and way too long a release. It's all good before that, however.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Deus Ex was fun as hell. I wouldn't say that it was a GOTY just because of all that top tier stuff it has to go against, but it could have taken it in a weaker year easily.

It was just too linear for what I wanted. Maybe my memory is shitty (it is) but I was expecting a more open dues ex like the last two. Boss fights were also some of the worst I have ever experienced in a big profile game. I guess they outsourced the boss fights to a different studio and it shows, they are atrocious and acted like a one giant downer every so often. Also didn't like the limited environments. It's probably because I bought it instead of rented it. I'm more forgiving with my rentals and probably would have had a positive impression had I done so. But for 60 dollars, you better keep me enthralled for a long time from start to finish.

coldvein

Banned
more people need to be playing dark souls. come on, people..
and i'm loving the console vs. computer discussion in here. hahaha. when recon first posted his console peasant comment my instant reaction was to be like YO FUCK YOU BITCH but then i realized we weren't on the gaming side and he was probably kidding.

and i really need to get this new roots album. gonna be a while till my next paycheck arrives, sadly.. :\

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
more people need to be playing dark souls. come on, people..
and i'm loving the console vs. computer discussion in here. hahaha. when recon first posted his console peasant comment my instant reaction was to be like YO FUCK YOU BITCH but then i realized we weren't on the gaming side and he was probably kidding.

and i really need to get this new roots album. gonna be a while till my next paycheck arrives, sadly.. :\
its really good. but i am outta cash now. thanks to steam sales uggghh

PBY

Banned
Just ordered my two future favorite tees:
KanyeWasHereT_ShirtWhiteA.jpg

JayWasHereT_ShirtBlackA.jpg

hell yeah

Tokubetsu

It was just too linear for what I wanted. Maybe my memory is shitty (it is) but I was expecting a more open dues ex like the last two. Boss fights were also some of the worst I have ever experienced in a big profile game. I guess they outsourced the boss fights to a different studio and it shows, they are atrocious and acted like a one giant downer every so often. Also didn't like the limited environments. It's probably because I bought it instead of rented it. I'm more forgiving with my rentals and probably would have had a positive impression had I done so. But for 60 dollars, you better keep me enthralled for a long time from start to finish.

Yea, Deus Ex would have been a lot better if the boss fights were in it. The 2nd boss fight literally ruined the game for me. I went from "Okay, cool" to "fuck this" and then the 3rd boss fight made me groan irl. They weren't even hard, they just ruined the flow of the whole game. Couple all that with the sloppy ass ending and the game just barely makes it in the above average rpg experience for me. Skyrim, Batman, Shadows of The Damned, Mortal Kombat & Saint's Row The Third is the top 5 for me. Dark Souls a close sixth.

TM: 103 Hustlerz Ambition tracklist

1. Waiting (Prod. By Lil Lody)
2. What I Do (Just Like That) (Prod. By Drumma Boy)
3. O.J. Ft. Jadakiss & Fabolous (Prod. By Lil Lody)
4. Nothing (Prod. By Lil Lody)
5. Way Too Gone Ft. Future (Prod. By Mike Will)
6. Supafreak Ft. 2 Chainz (Prod. By D. Rich)
7. All We Do (Prod. By Midnight Black)
8. Leave You Alone Ft. Ne-Yo (Prod. By Warren G)
9. Everythang (Prod. By Lil Lody)
10. Trapped Ft. Jill Scott (Prod. By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
11. F.A.M.E. (Fake Ass Muthafuckas Envy ) Ft. T.I. (Prod. By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
12. I Do Ft. Jay-Z x Andre 3000 (Prod. By M16)
13. Higher Learning Ft. Snoop Dogg, Devin The Dude & Mitchelle’l (Prod. By Lil C)
14. This One’s For You Ft. Trick Daddy (Prod. By Lil Lody)

and bonus.....lol

Talk 2 Me Ft. Freddie Gibbs x Eminem (Prod. By Drumma Boy & Travis Barker)

Damn, Jeezy, you couldn't put Gibbs on the album?

Recon

Banned

11. F.A.M.E. (Fake Ass Muthafuckas Envy ) Ft. T.I. (Prod. By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
13. Higher Learning Ft. Snoop Dogg, Devin The Dude & Mitchelle’l (Prod. By Lil C)

and bonus.....lol

I dont understand that as a bonus cut. It probably will end up being one of the better tracks.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hell yeah, I'm always down for some Devin the Dude. Can't wait for the album. Too bad there's no Slick Pulla appearances. Maybe this means he'll finally put out an album soon.

PBY

Banned
tyga-bitchimtheshit-front.jpg

half decent, some really nice beats though.

http://www.datpiff.com/Tyga-BitchImTheShit-mixtape.290715.html

Also, from 2dopeboyz, someone had the the best blog comment I've probably ever read about this mixtape, had to post it:

"the art cover is beautiful i love all the all black everything u can see he really looks up to hova da gawd great inspiration rite there, and the name bitchimthteshit is very art neauvo u rap heads wudnt know about that hes being ironic the jokes on u.haha.i laugh with tyga tho..go get em boy..grrr the best songs will prob b orgasm or bitchimtheshit or bitchbettahavemymoney really hes exposing the illuminati n just doin it in a coded way thats ova mosta yalls heads so dont hate listen between the lines hes on sum really killuminati sum despite the gimpish outfit hes wearing hes a true warrior for the truth. get em grrrr !"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

JackEtc

Didn't see people posting agreeing with me about PUTS, really great to see others are into them as well.

Would really love to see them live, they're up there on list of "artists I must see before they're gone" along with Daft Punk and Lady Gaga (hate her or not, the concerts are incredible). Unfortunately, they seem to stick to the west coast for the most part.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

and bonus.....lol

Hype..... Rising.

IrishNinja

fuck. this is a good pick.

Skyrim, Batman, Shadows of The Damned, Mortal Kombat & Saint's Row The Third is the top 5 for me. Dark Souls a close sixth.

Dark Souls is way too low, but seeing Shadows of the Damned made me happy.
happy enough to almost forget about siddx's reckless talk regarding Uncharted.

this is one of those links ima click and not need a lot've convincing on.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
?uestlove mentions a potential undun movie happening on the Juan Epstein podcast, even though they hate music videos. So yeah, though I'd put that out there for people fawning over the album ATM.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
fuck. this is a good pick.

Dark Souls is way too low, but seeing Shadows of the Damned made me happy.
happy enough to almost forget about siddx's reckless talk regarding Uncharted.

this is one of those links ima click and not need a lot've convincing on.
I gotta say dungon defenders was an awesome game.
Also minecraft is finally a full game, so theirs that.

IrishNinja

minecraft-GAF sucked me in for a whole month, then they switched servers when i was gone for a few weeks and i lost everything. NEVER AGAIN

i shouldve checked out DD when it was on sale, but i'm balls-deep in the steam cycle of having too many games ive not yet even touched. all these indie bundles lately, im never going to finish.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Not too fond of the Ace or Busta verses to be honest, but yeah Yela brought it.

Maybe it's because I've been sitting here sad as hell, listening to Adele, but stupid brain-dead bass music is right up my alley right now.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
minecraft-GAF sucked me in for a whole month, then they switched servers when i was gone for a few weeks and i lost everything. NEVER AGAIN

i shouldve checked out DD when it was on sale, but i'm balls-deep in the steam cycle of having too many games ive not yet even touched. all these indie bundles lately, im never going to finish.
That's the fun part of minecraft. Building, burning, building something even better. Also there are a ton of indie games I would love to play but no one plays it anymore. Like shattered horizions, that makes me giddy like little girl, killing shit in zero G's is fucking bananas son. It's the only game I can go ninja mode in space. Did you hear me? Mother fucking ninjas IN SPACE MOTHER FUCKER. But people just don't play it mainly cuz they can't run it. Sad really =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom