• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Lol. Please define hipster music. I am not being clever, I just wanna laugh.

The kind of music people listen to on a 1980's CD player while drinking cheap wine in a bathtub with neon colored sunglasses and a denim vest on. Then they transfer it over to the ipod dad bought them for a graduation present as they ride one of those giant oversized skateboards to the park to sit and smoke other people's weed while they talk about how evil big business is and how they should start their own 99% movement. Then they get some cash out of the ATM using dad's card so they buy some vinyl records of the most obscure bands they can find like "Ray McTavian's monkey love in the third galaxy". Afterwards they'll go see a lil b show and talk about how he so sold out.

also known as shit HiRes listens to :p

DominoKid

cover.jpg

this could get interesting.

siddx

...i kinda wanna hang out with the dude siddx is describing.

Except the dude I'm describing will talk 99.9% of the time, only shutting up to put a parliment cigarette in his mouth or take a swig from his PBR can. If you can put up with someone dumber than a bag of tits who wont shut the fuck up ever...then you should definitely hang with him.

iavi

This new Tyga tape is some straight trash. It's like this dude first thinks up the most generic hooks ever and then proceeds to surround it with equally generic shit on super generic beats, and does that for a whole album. What is this dude? I just came off of Finally Famous, and that was gravy in comparison.

Recon

Banned
This new Tyga tape is some straight trash. It's like this dude first thinks up the most generic hooks ever and then proceeds to surround it with equally generic shit on super generic beats, and does that for a whole album. What is this dude? I just came off of Finally Famous, and that was gravy in comparison.

If Tyga can make Big Sean sound good, you know he is a terrible MC.

Naw, they will probably wear converse.

I do

I almost bought some Batman converse. Then i realized i was about to buy converse, and stopped myself. But..BATMAN...so tempting.

siddx

Tyga is a fucking embarrassment and he should be paying Yung Berg to make another album because he could very easily take over his spot as most "bitch ass fake wanna be thug with no actual talent rapper in the game."

All you muthafuckas wearing converse, go get yourself some shitkicker work boots and stop wearing children's shoes.

Recon

Banned
Tyga is a fucking embarrassment and he should be paying Yung Berg to make another album because he could very easily take over his spot as most "bitch ass fake wanna be thug with no actual talent rapper in the game."

All you muthafuckas wearing converse, go get yourself some shitkicker work boots and stop wearing children's shoes.

Yeah, i cannot stand how chucks look. I dont wear boots either. Im a straight Nike Dunk/Forces guy. Also, sorry about not getting back to you with that stuff. Been studying like mad for finals.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I almost bought some Batman converse. Then i realized i was about to buy converse, and stopped myself. But..BATMAN...so tempting.
Batman converse are certified shoes for females. Well, chucks kind of are in general, but I know a girl with Batman converse and have seen quite a few others rocking them too.

EDIT: High five on the Forces. Cleanest looking shoes ever.

siddx

Yeah, i cannot stand how chucks look. I dont wear boots either. Im a straight Nike Dunk/Forces guy. Also, sorry about not getting back to you with that stuff. Been studying like mad for finals.

Dont worry about it, my life is chaotic as fuck too. I haven't written anything or made any beats in long time and every time I try, my brain just laughs and pistol whips me back onto the couch to do homework or play skyrim.

Recon

Banned
Batman converse are certified shoes for females. Well, chucks kind of are in general, but I know a girl with Batman converse and have seen quite a few others rocking them too.

Yeah, well, i dont give a fuck if girls like Batman, i would rock the fuck out of some Batman Dunks. But Yoda dont fuck with chucks.

Blu is a dumbass.

I'm starting to believe this. Basically, BTH was not only a modern classic it in many ways influenced a lot of the shit we're hearing today - from Cole to Drake. And while I definitely really liked the Johnson & Johnson album and HFC, Blu hasn't come close to where he was on BTH. I don't believe he was being propped up by Exile. I think he's so far left right now, and so doped up that he's made a series of bad decisions. From the ridiculous lo-fi sound/lack of mastering on his vocals, to this electro phase he's going through.

His verses on the last Roots album were dope, I definitely think he could have done something decent on Undun. If I had to bet I'd say he turned in some lazy flow shit, probably recorded while high, and Questlove vetoed that shit. And you can't blame him, he clearly thinks Undun is his magnum opus or something.

I think Blu is done. He had so much potential too. Great rapper, very attractive (pause), connections to Dilla and Madlib, etc. And while I didn't expect or want him to drop some mainstream-ish product, I at least thought he'd live up to his potential on the humble. Instead he's pretty...irrelevant. 13k followers on twitter, as a west coast rapper who used to have blogs and other rappers singing his praise? smh

Recon

Banned
I'm starting to believe this. Basically, BTH was not only a modern classic it in many ways influenced a lot of the shit we're hearing today - from Cole to Drake. And while I definitely really liked the Johnson & Johnson album and HFC, Blu hasn't come close to where he was on BTH. I don't believe he was being propped up by Exile. I think he's so far left right now, and so doped up that he's made a series of bad decisions. From the ridiculous lo-fi sound/lack of mastering on his vocals, to this electro phase he's going through.

His verses on the last Roots album were dope, I definitely think he could have done something decent on Undun. If I had to bet I'd say he turned in some lazy flow shit, probably recorded while high, and Questlove vetoed that shit. And you can't blame him, he clearly thinks Undun is his magnum opus or something.

I think Blu is done. He had so much potential too. Great rapper, very attractive (pause), connections to Dilla and Madlib, etc. And while I didn't expect or want him to drop some mainstream-ish product, I at least thought he'd live up to his potential on the humble. Instead he's pretty...irrelevant. 13k followers on twitter, as a west coast rapper who used to have blogs and other rappers singing his praise? smh

It is one of the best records he has done. So its understandable that he doesnt want lazy Blu fucking his shit up.

I wish I could hear BTH's influence in any trace of Drake.

I'm not saying Blu was the first rapper to do the vulnerable, socially aware shit. But when I listen to Cole and Drake I hear that. The standard answer is that it comes from Kanye, but considering both are underground heads there's no way they hadn't heard BTH

HiResDes

Blu's not a dumbass, I don't even think that's a valid response...I love how people infer so much about the situation. If Blu felt he gave a verse his best effort and it got shot down, it's almost more creatively noble to just say fuck it, maybe this record isn't meant for me. Also HerFavoriteColo(u)r and theGodLeeBarnesLP were great.

Recon

Banned
Blu's not a dumbass, I don't even think that's a valid response...I love how people infer so much about the situation. If Blu felt he gave a verse his best effort and it got shot down, it's almost more creatively noble to just say fuck it, maybe this record isn't meant for me.

I would of been inclined to believe that a few years ago. Not so much anymore. Greats sometime become average. Its called the Andre 3k syndrome.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Blu's not a dumbass, I don't even think that's a valid response...I love how people infer so much about the situation. If Blu felt he gave a verse his best effort and it got shot down, it's almost more creatively noble to just say fuck it, maybe this record isn't meant for me. Also HerFavoriteColo(u)r and theGodLeeBarnesLP were great.
why didn't he just say, w/e i give it another go instead. why not use criticism constructively.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
But when I listen to Cole and Drake I hear that.
Cole, I can see. I can feel Cole tugging but it doesn't come as natural as it did for Blu on BTH. To me, at least.

Today's Drake? Not at all. What I hear is someone who is confused on his identity (Blu & even J. Cole are never confused on their identity, but how they are identified within the world) and deflects that onto his music.

That probably makes no sense, but I will say that I heard some of what you're talking about on his older shit. Not on Take Care (or Thank Me Later), though. The last song I identify it with is

I guess my initial post should have read "I don't hear a trace of it left in Drake's music"
I agree. I especially loved HFC.

We don't know the FULL circumstances, and probably never will. So as far as I'm concerned, I still patiently wait for BTH2. I talked to Blu & Exile at Rock The Bells and they said they're working hard for it.

No wonder that dude wanted to take you home
Oh my god. :lol :lol

I think that Chucks looks incredible on their own but I soon found out that once I tried them on, that they look awful on a person who wears a size 14.

kamspy

Playing Batman, Skyrim and Saints Row 3 all at the same time. All kinda open world, yet I feel like I'm somehow getting good variety. All hip hop fans need to play Saints Row 3 just for one specific mission. It's awesome.

Size 15 chucks look like shit. Have a pair I wore like twice. Might as well throw em away at this point.

This actually surprises me. I figured the roles would be reversed in that scenario. Not that Ghost isn't hard working, I just didn't think he'd be especially hungry to collab with Doom.

HiResDes

why didn't he just say, w/e i give it another go instead. why not use criticism constructively.

As an artist you shouldn't always make compromises...Artistic integrity is just as important. I don't hate on Lupe for his label issues, I hate on him for seemingly making grave compromises on Lasers.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
As an artist you shouldn't always make compromises...Artistic integrity is just as important.
it really depends. if its his album then yea, no has the right to tell him how to talk/rap. but when its someones else work and they want you to match their flow, i say you should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom