• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

how you liking Resistence 3? was thinking of picking that up.

You don't truly mean that :(

Runs at 720p so it looks kinda shitty but it's fun and has an impressive/nice lighting system. I enjoyed it and I'm enjoying MP too. Are all PS3 mp players garbage? because it's kinda hilarious right now. We might not be winning mitches but im constantly in top 3-5 of the match (both teams) every game.

JackEtc

I've still yet to sit down and listen to Spiritual State all the way through. I think I've heard parts of tracks while reading and having instrumental hip-hop playing, but I haven't sat down just to listen to it yet.

I haven't been the right mood, if you get what I'm saying. Not in the right mind set.

Nujabes has made me tear up plenty of times before, I won't be surprised if he doesn't again. Nice to see a lot of guys have had that happen though, I thought I was weird for that.

Tokubetsu

I've still yet to sit down and listen to Spiritual State all the way through. I think I've heard parts of tracks while reading and having instrumental hip-hop playing, but I haven't sat down just to listen to it yet.

I haven't been the right mood, if you get what I'm saying. Not in the right mind set.

Nujabes has made me tear up plenty of times before, I won't be surprised if he doesn't again. Nice to see a lot of guys have had that happen though, I thought I was weird for that.

I'm saving up for an MFLB so I'll listen to it next time I'm lifted. I don't think I've ever "teared" up but Nujabes was/is a big influence on me for sure.

Great album but "Yes" is one of the worst songs ever made by the dude. The drums are just distracting.

Far Fowls is just on a whole other level though. So good. It starts off sounding like some medieval music and then kicks into western-movie soundtrack.

JackEtc

I'm saving up for an MFLB so I'll listen to it next time I'm lifted. I don't think I've ever "teared" up but Nujabes was/is a big influence on me for sure.
See, that's the thing, I don't smoke or do anything, but there's just like a time where Nujabes is the music I need to listen to, and I just zone out and lay on my floor or look out the window, and turn listening to the music into a primary activity that I focus on instead of having it play in the background. And then I just think about it...it's hard to really described.

Runs at 720p so it looks kinda shitty but it's fun and has an impressive/nice lighting system. I enjoyed it and I'm enjoying MP too. Are all PS3 mp players garbage? because it's kinda hilarious right now. We might not be winning mitches but im constantly in top 3-5 of the match (both teams) every game.

Primarily shooters, yeah I'd say so lol. I'm always surprised when I play a game that's been out for awhile and get into top 5 of the match with ease.

Holy shit. Just got done listening to A Sucker For Pumps for like the 10th time today. Her Theme Song has been on constant repeat. Fuck yall for never mentioning this release.

Just kidding, i know its been recommended a lot in here
Yeah, great album. I don't think I really dislike any song on there.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
hhkTF.jpg

no real reason to post. Just wanted too.

say what you want I'd bang the hell out of Amber Rose too. But still he's got some corny ass love and devotion to her which is kinda lame....

how tall are Meth and Snoop?

PBY

Banned
Great album but "Yes" is one of the worst songs ever made by the dude. The drums are just distracting.

Far Fowls is just on a whole other level though. So good. It starts off sounding like some medieval music and then kicks into western-movie soundtrack.

yes is my 2nd fav track ...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Just got back from the Houston WTT show. Great show, alot of production value and sound was awesome. One thing that came through during the show is how many HITS Jay and Kanye have I mean, HITS that people knew every word to. Taking a step back, it was just amazing how many songs they have made that the world loves. Mainstream, underground, pop fans, they have hit on many levels.

The only downside is that it just felt like a hit factory after awhile. I mean, hit after hit after hit. The exact same setlist from other cities, no guests appearances (Bun B was there, didn't perform), a few lyrical nods to Houston but it was almost like having a playlist of Jay/Kanye greatest hits playing super loud. While a good time, I did miss some real passion that I have seen in other shows. Notably Big K.R.I.T. recently. As the show went on, it seemed alot like Jay trying to pay off that LiveNation loan.

Anyway, here is a video of Otis that looks like it was filmed from Austin, I was in the lower lever, but the audio is on point - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFhxC3CKHoo

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time and glad I went but at a point it felt like a "corporate rap show"

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
your gonna have to give me examples. i am drawing a blank,

I imagine a whole album from Whiz full of love songs...like he goes through a Barry White phase and then professes his love at some really shitty awards show.

Then kanye runs up and bops him one in the chops.

also this!

L9PA6.jpg

Article Here

Cudder

Cudi just released a snippet to another WZRD song, and the shit is the top fucking trending topic worldwide, AGAIN. I mean, I love Cudi, but how does he have that much power?

In other news, listening to Undun, really good.

Kaizer

Banned
Cudi just released a snippet to another WZRD song, and the shit is the top fucking trending topic worldwide, AGAIN. I mean, I love Cudi, but how does he have that much power?

In other news, listening to Undun, really good.

Cudi fans are serious business, dude carved out a nice, solid fanbase with MotM 1 & 2 so it's not really surprising. Riding the "music for druggies, getting tripped out, etc." train usually leads to moderate success.

overcast

Goddamn, I thought he lost a lot of hype lately. Didn't know people still talk about the dude. WZRD is going to suck :\

Just got back from the Houston WTT show. Great show, alot of production value and sound was awesome. One thing that came through during the show is how many HITS Jay and Kanye have I mean, HITS that people knew every word to. Taking a step back, it was just amazing how many songs they have made that the world loves. Mainstream, underground, pop fans, they have hit on many levels.

The only downside is that it just felt like a hit factory after awhile. I mean, hit after hit after hit. The exact same setlist from other cities, no guests appearances (Bun B was there, didn't perform), a few lyrical nods to Houston but it was almost like having a playlist of Jay/Kanye greatest hits playing super loud. While a good time, I did miss some real passion that I have seen in other shows. Notably Big K.R.I.T. recently. As the show went on, it seemed alot like Jay trying to pay off that LiveNation loan.

Anyway, here is a video of Otis that looks like it was filmed from Austin, I was in the lower lever, but the audio is on point - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFhxC3CKHoo

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time and glad I went but at a point it felt like a "corporate rap show"

Could you go more in depth with what you mean? Interested. Like what did you feel was different from big Krit show than Kanye/Jayz? He brought out more people or didn't just play his most popular songs?

Cudder

Cudi fans are serious business, dude carved out a nice, solid fanbase with MotM 1 & 2 so it's not really surprising. Riding the "music for druggies, getting tripped out, etc." train usually leads to moderate success.

Goddamn, I thought he lost a lot of hype lately. Didn't know people still talk about the dude. WZRD is going to suck :\

Seems like he's getting more word of mouth now than he did when his first 2 albums released :|.

I'm really interested to see what numbers a Cudi album could do right about now.

PBY

Banned
Seems like he's getting more word of mouth now than he did when his first 2 albums released :|.

I'm really interested to see what numbers a Cudi album could do right about now

Id guess that hed double his first week sales this time, especially if he puts out a radio single, 300k

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I imagine a whole album from Whiz full of love songs...like he goes through a Barry White phase and then professes his love at some really shitty awards show.

Then kanye runs up and bops him one in the chops.

also this
http://i.imgur.com/L9PA6.jpg[/IM

[URL="http://articles.boston.com/2011-12-03/news/30472276_1_gza-liquid-swords-gary-grice"]Article Here[/URL][/QUOTE]I would love to see "ye kicks wiz ass" watching even more people hate on ye for bein right.

Recon

Banned
1. Chip Tha Ripper a freshman? lol
2. That may be the worst freshman list i have ever seen by XXL.
3. That list is XV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else.

iavi

1. Chip Tha Ripper a freshman? lol
2. That may be the worst freshman list i have ever seen by XXL.
3. That list is XV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else.

Nah, the Kid Daytona is pretty good. I played that last tape of his for a good bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom