• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

CaptYamato said:
you could have just said that you were a college student. Everyone would have understood.
Haha. Touche. I do sweet fuck all anyway.

And to finish off my photoshop escapades for the day, a little something:
0GqgK.png

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
overcast said:
Not everyone. Besides Krit there isn't someone new better lyrically.

Wait...wait... Only Big KRIT is better than Cole are you serious?

Cole ain't even the best new rapper from his coast.. Red Cafe is way versatile and nastier than Cole ever could be..

CRS

Just won a few shots from the Stanford/USC game!
GO Stanford!

Big K.R.I.T. is the firs tthing I started playing. Haven't looked back since. Fuck the rest.

Also Mecca, I envy your editing skills. Your images still amaze me/get a good laugh out of me.

Also, not enough Lupe faith in this thread. What a damn shame. I kinda liked Japanese Cartoon too.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
Haha. Touche. I do sweet fuck all anyway.

And to finish off my photoshop escapades for the day, a little something:
http://i.imgur.com/0GqgK.png[/IM][/QUOTE]
you must teach me photoshop some day.

overcast said:
Lol, I meant nobody I know. I have no ride, but there are a lot of people going. So I now wait till next year.

Also, LightofTruth to answer your question. I heard late November, but idk. Lupe isn't reliable.

Ah, ok. So theres no solid date then.

overcast

Blackace said:
Wait...wait... Only Big KRIT is better than Cole are you serious?

Cole ain't even the best new rapper from his coast.. Red Cafe is way versatile and nastier than Cole ever could be..
I haven't listened to every rapper on the planet, of course there are some better than him. He is up there out of the current artists, his 2 great mixtapes show and good debut that. That much is undeniable. There is a reason for the hype in this case.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
overcast said:
I haven't listened to every rapper on the planet, of course there are some better than him. He is up there out of the current artists, his 2 great mixtapes show and good debut that. That much is undeniable. There is a reason for the hype in this case.
The thing is Cole is great when it comes to writing rymes. But his productions has some ways to go. Not to say he's isn't a good producer, but he's not great ethier.

overcast

Complex Shadow said:
The thing is Cole is great when it comes to writing rymes. But his productions has some ways to go. Not to say he's isn't a good producer, but he's not great ethier.
Agreed. That's probably one of the bigger flaws about the album. Some tracks have great production, others not so much. Next album he should reach out to some other producers. I would love a Kanye track.

IrishNinja

heads up! all ya'll on about Nujabes & such a few pages back, we got a jazz-hop OT now, gonna try to use it as a catch-all for good instrumental shit (between that & this thread, natch) as well as stuff like the final album, documentary etc for seba.

Blackace

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Closest thing I'll get to Mecca's skills right now. Even when I'm sober I wouldn't have a chance.

FBjtW.jpg

lol! You might be able to match the skin tones.. I am crappy at PS.. really crappy.. but the dropper tool is pretty good for that

IrishNinja

a lot.

listening to it again recently...there's a lotta talk in here about how it might win 'cause of all the non-regulars, but i can't see getting mad at it. if it was something like lasers was, or uh, what a lot of ya'll got from big sean, okay. but between n*ggas in paris, what you need, no church in the wild, murder for excellence etc, it's a solid album by me.

it's not the black album, and it damn sure isn't ye's early work, but it put it above MBDTF & blueprint 3 both.

coldvein

Banned
IrishNinja said:
a lot.

listening to it again recently...there's a lotta talk in here about how it might win 'cause of all the non-regulars, but i can't see getting mad at it. if it was something like lasers was, or uh, what a lot of ya'll got from big sean, okay. but between n*ggas in paris, what you need, no church in the wild, murder for excellence etc, it's a solid album by me.

it's not the black album, and it damn sure isn't ye's early work, but it put it above MBDTF & blueprint 3 both.

like i said, this is pretty much my first listenthru of the album, but... this has nothing on MBDTF at all. what you think puts it above that? just curious.

IrishNinja

prolly varying standards - ye's albums don't necessarily have to be themed, but ive enjoyed the ones that were. MBDTF was all over the place and kinda felt over-produced at times for me, too. not so much stuff like Blame Game, but look at say All of the Lights - its not a bad track, but it does kinda make me long for his earlier shit.

Jay's been phoning it in for years now. people go on & on about American Gangster cause it felt like he was paying attention for a bit there. not to take from the guy, but for me it's been mostly misses since the Black Album.

based on their latest efforts, there were more tracks i dug off WTT than i thought i would. production's solid (i can barely tell RZA was on that track though, haha) and Jay dropped some quotables. it's fun shit. i didnt hate MBWTF but i coudlnt say that about it.

wait, we're just dropping lines? here's the one i kept hearing down here:

ain’t that where the Heat play? (yup)
n*ggas hate ballers these days
ain’t that like LeBron James?/ain’t that just like D-Wade...wait

MC JIN. Yeah, Jin. Remember him? 106 and park freestyle champ? Yeah, that Jin. He release his second Canto-Rap record "Homecoming"
MC-Jin-Homecoming.jpg

Jin been living in HK for 3years now(Thanks, Iron Solomon)One thing that people don't know(Or probably do)The Hip-Hop scene in HK is very, very, very small. It had a pulse in the 90's, but died thanks to the emergence of interest to techno, and the forever king of HK, Canto-Pop. HK has a little movement going on, but not respected because the kids who are doing noise are Filipino. So a lot politics are part of the scene now, but slowly changing.

Now, what does the above have to do with, Jin? Everything. Homeboy was hot in the U.S. very rare for a Asian at all. Dude was the next big thing, and the Chinese loved the kid. His career went south faster then a dick on 10 beers and 10 shots petron. What did he do? Went to HK(Can't do mainland for obvious reasons)He went where he knows, he is love. With a weak Hip-Hop scene, and the arrival of their golden child. Jin has put a pulse in the scene over there. Dude is doing great out there, and has a couple of cats under his wing, which is good.

This album is about his experience in HK and the state of the scene over there. I was there in 2003. Met a lot of passionate hip-hop fans, but not a lot of folks(DJ's) to give them a voice. With Jin there, the scene finally has that "Go to" guy. Anyway, the album....Very emotional and to the point. Solid lyrics on some tracks, but a couple of Canto-Pop style tracks(Hook wise)Dude has a track about his recently new wife(Talking about kids and shit)His protege, KT, has a great flow. Better than Jin, IMO. The problem with this album, and the majority of HK rap albums, is the production. Very weak, very. This has to change over there if they want their scene to shine. Looking forward to bring some swag with my crew next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdbXBs1yHUA
That is the best sounding track on the album.
The packing is awesome btw.
08-17-11_02.jpg

08-17-11_01.jpg

IrishNinja

oh wow, totally forgot about that dude - cool to hear he's fostering a scene back there.

i was surprised to find japan had a production scene with hydeout, gotta be some untapped potential out in HK too.

IrishNinja said:
oh wow, totally forgot about that dude - cool to hear he's fostering a scene back there.

i was surprised to find japan had a production scene with hydeout, gotta be some untapped potential out in HK too.
Blackace could give us more insight into the japanese scene. But from what I heard over the years, is that jazzy shit. Nothing wrong with it, but I haven't heard that much diversity from them. Europe has Hip-Hop production on smash, especially the French. Even the wack artist have solid production. The thing with HK is, they hardly allow any scene to happen at all. America wish it had the control of the Music industry the way HK has it. Is Canto-Pop or death, lol. But thanks to the internet, a lot of movements are happening over there. Because they're a lot of fans of different genre's over there. But is hard to start something if a venue is not keen on it.

overcast

IrishNinja said:
a lot.

I like the album quite a bit too. I'll be okay with it winning. I definitely like MBDTF more though.

Whoa, that Jin packaging is cool. Never heard of him.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
wow @ jin. last time i saw dude he was on 2Fast2Furious. good for him.

strange seeing him with hair lol

RJT

Finally listening to Machete Vision. Can we call Kno the best producer ever already, or should we wait for Chico and the Man?

Kaizer

Banned
I'll never forget when Jin responded to a question of mine in the early days of MySpace. Every one reading my comment section freaked out lol. I followed Job for a few years after his Ruff Ryder dealings but last I heard he was doing Christian Rap. Good to see he's still working.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
So wheres our gaf hop shirt? Needs to be something simple. Just a microphone with Gaf Hop or Hip Hop Gaf underneath it and a small neogaf symbol on the back of the shirt.
Or a turntable with a neogaf symbol replacing the LP.

Macca

siddx said:
So wheres our gaf hop shirt? Needs to be something simple. Just a microphone with Gaf Hop or Hip Hop Gaf underneath it and a small neogaf symbol on the back of the shirt.
Or a turntable with a neogaf symbol replacing the LP.
I was thinking about this yesterday. I was thinking something like
ppmao.png

(Ignore the 5 minute cutout job and shit). I'd totally redo it and make it look sweet. Maybe have it just a couple of stand out colours or something cool, make it stylish while still being Hip Hop related.

The other ideas I could whip up pretty easily too if we wanted to go down that route.

Blackace

Macca007 said:
ppmao.png

(Ignore the 5 minute cutout job and shit). I'd totally redo it and make it look sweet. Maybe have it just a couple of stand out colours or something cool, make it stylish while still being Hip Hop related.

The other ideas I could whip up pretty easily too if we wanted to go down that route.

I am BLACKACE and I fully approve of this message

RJT said:
Finally listening to Machete Vision. Can we call Kno the best producer ever already, or should we wait for Chico and the Man?

I thought Death Is Silent already made that clear. Everything he's done since then is just spawn camping the rest of the genre.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
http://i.imgur.com/ppmao.png[/]

The other ideas I could whip up pretty easily too if we wanted to go down that route.[/QUOTE]I think we need less blackace. Also there is no way I could wear that to class.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
haha I like that a lot, but I think due to the nature of the shirts they have to be somewhat simple.

I was thinking something like this...just you know, not so shitty and amateur. But same simple look.
jx8JH.jpg

Macca

Complex Shadow said:
I think we need less blackace. Also there is no way I could wear that to class.
Blackace is the boss dog yo. Also, what kind of class are you going to?

siddx said:
haha I like that a lot, but I think due to the nature of the shirts they have to be somewhat simple.

I was thinking something like this...just you know, not so shitty and amateur. But same simple look.
jx8JH.jpg
It'd definitely be simplified down a lot. I can give something like that a shot too. Shouldn't be too hard to do. I really need to find a good font for GAF-Hop though :(

Blackace

Complex Shadow said:
I think we need less blackace. Also there is no way I could wear that to class.

I think you need a warm glass of the shut the hell up

kamspy

We need a custom cover in the same art style as the Doggystyle cover with GAF HOP regulars avatars in the picutre. Not the actual avatars, but like, ya know. A monkey for siddx, Frank Ocean, Sonic, Iron Man (not accepting that new avy enzo), a diseased crackhead version of Yoda, vampire, whatever the hell Toku's new avatar is, maybe just Young Buck ski mask (real toku avy).

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
Uh, I could pretty much wear that to any of my classes. I might get a few odd looks, but I wouldn't be breaking any rules. I mean shit, if I can post it on here without a NSFW tag I'd say it's fine.
its not about the rules. its about the looks.

Esch

Banned
I rather have some symbolic shit of our memes than certain posters. Jay and nas in the ring with gloves on, U-god's face shopped over Jesus, backpack wearing yoda strapped up with a mac10 in each hand shooting up a minivan, etc

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
Who cares what a few uptight assholes think. It's fucking doggystyle.
i lol'd
EschatonDX said:
I rather have some symbolic shit of our memes than certain posters. Jay and nas in the ring with gloves on, U-god's face shopped over Jesus, backpack wearing yoda strapped up with a mac10 in each hand shooting up a minivan, etc
i say we have something like che guevara resistance shirt but with lil b, or black ace or a bunch of posters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
EschatonDX said:
Yeah, focusing it some things that change like avatars would be a bad idea. We have plenty of GAF-Hop things to base it off of.

Plus it means we have to include HRD and his incapability of making an avatar that is resized properly. Pet. Peeve.

I would help make one, but I've got a bit too much on my plate atm.

Iron Man will resume duty in or under approximately 24 hours.

Macca

Complex Shadow said:
i lol'd

i say we have something like che guevara resistance shirt but with lil b, or black ace or a bunch of posters.
Complex Shadow said:
I think we need less blackace.

EschatonDX said:
I agree, this would be fucking dope, I wish I could draw :(

IrishNinja

Macca007 said:
Who cares what a few uptight assholes think. It's fucking doggystyle.

yeah, +1. man i used to try wearing different shit just to see who'd notice, pulled this columbian dancer chick for wearing wifebeaters & hawaiian shirts, i dont even recall what made me think of that, haha - i would rock a ninja killer shirt, a philosoraptor, and that doggystyle one any day if i still took classes. i'm only catching the boushi chicks that feel like slumming it anyway, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom