• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

I'd try harder, but I'm tired as shit and I have finals tomorrow... plus I'm way more focused on Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross dropping The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo soundtrack tonight.

ah, didnt know @ reznor on it! might have to check it out now.

going through some old shit - main source, kool g rap, leaders of the new. such fucking quality here. on def squad's el nino right now, props to (i wanna say) escha for this one, no idea how i slept either.

also ran through murs love & rockets, shit was fun, especially that eazy-e track.

kamspy

More old school from me today. Imagine walking up on this bad boy in the CD rack. Wasn't no internet back then, so when an artist you liked dropped a new album, you found out about it at the store. The Source wasn't covering Spice fucking 1.

WCJJb.jpg

I was on a lyrical high for like 3 weeks.

DominoKid

naw they just need to stop letting Dice Raw sing hooks. the live performances i've seen of Undun songs really make the album sound half-assed by comparison. they put their heart into the performances but the album versions sound so restrained. so neutered. so weak.

Undun is like the demo of a classic album. so I couldnt in good faith give it more than a 7.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
More old school from me today. Imagine walking up on this bad boy in the CD rack. Wasn't no internet back then, so when an artist you liked dropped a new album, you found out about it at the store. The Source wasn't covering Spice fucking 1.

WCJJb.jpg

Blackace and I were talking about how much we love this album somewhat recently. If you took the very best tracks from this album and merged them with the very best tracks on 187 he wrote, you'd have hands down one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.

PBY

Banned
“It depends on how this thing finishes up,” he said. “We — I say ‘we’ because I’m in Throne mode — we’re in a great place creatively. You might see a Jay, then Kanye and a Throne album next year. You know, we’re really in a great place creatively. We really found our zone.”

“It depends on how this thing finishes up,” he said. “We — I say ‘we’ because I’m in Throne mode — we’re in a great place creatively. You might see a Jay, then Kanye and a Throne album next year. You know, we’re really in a great place creatively. We really found our zone.”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...st-considering-another-watch-the-throne-album

Esch

Banned
Talk about stretching yourself thin creatively. That shit will be terrible if they try and put it out in a year.

PBY

Banned
Maybe too much. I want another solo album, and I'm definitely interested in the Good Music album. WTT2 would be unnecessary, even though I liked WTT.

Probably just Kanye talk though.

def just talk haha; WTT was supposed to come out right after MBDTF, and look what happened...

I miss GOOD Fridays. That was such a nice thing to do by Kanye. Granted it gave us some My Beautiful Whatever Whatever tracks, but I was one of the ones to hold off on listening to leaks from the album.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I miss GOOD Fridays. That was such a nice thing to do by Kanye. Granted it gave us some My Beautiful Whatever Whatever tracks, but I was one of the ones to hold off on listening to leaks from the album.

Christian Dior Denim Flow is still one of my favorite Kanye tracks.

I see 50 just dropped his newest mixtape. He is also doing videos for every song as well. Why do videos for a mixtape, I don't know. Though Jeezy did the exact same thing.

Recon

Banned
because GOOD Fridays, MBDTF and WTT in a year was soooooooooooooo bad

cant stop wont stop. eh uh. eh uh. *harlem shakes out of thread*

Considering 1/4 of MBDTF was made up of GOOD Friday tracks, i dont know where you are going with this. Also, WTT was hot garbage.

siddx

I'm ready for hip hop gaf to not talk about Kanye for at least a month after the last few pages of kanye fuckery. I'll do my part. I wont talk about kanye until the new year unless he dies, kills someone, or (fingers crossed) retires.

coldvein

Banned
I'm ready for hip hop gaf to not talk about Kanye for at least a month after the last few pages of kanye fuckery. I'll do my part. I wont talk about kanye until the new year unless he dies, kills someone, or (fingers crossed) retires.

i can join you on that. i'm capable, i swear.

Recon

Banned

I would love not to hear about Kanye. But i know certain Yeezy stans will not be able to contain their man crushes.

OG Kush

WCJJb.jpg

This guy influenced 2pac majorly. Deserves more props.

siddx

This guy influenced 2pac majorly. Deserves more props.

What made me a huge fan was the fact he was often spitting your stereotypical gangsta rap content but he was doing it better than every other gangsta rapper in the early 90's. He was convincing. I truly believed he was going to murder me if I pissed him off. Also had a great ear for production even if he usually ended up with albums of half brilliance and half filler.

His first three albums are west coast staples, 1990-sick is solid, and after that I've only immortalized which I thought was awful. But maybe he has something else hidden away in his discography that is decent.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What I want:
- GOOD Music the album to be entirely produced by GOOD Music producers, and to have GOOD Fridays leading up to it's release. Only outside features being Cole and Common. Fairly sure Common will be a lock.

- WTT2 to be the WTT we were supposed to get. Not watered down or anything. More introspective, more bold claims from Kanye, same Jay that was on WTT putting some effort into his verses. Less features, less guest producers, less hugely sample heavy songs like Who Gon Stop Me. Ideally just bring back Swizz for one song and get Just Blaze on there and no more, leave the rest to Ye. Equalize the verses Ye and Jay get a bit.

- MBDTF2 to be delayed. Okay maybe not delayed but I dont want it put out out of obligation. I'm not sure if Im ready for MBDTF2, I feel like Ye needs to go through some shit before he makes it and ends up just being a bunch of poppy tracks. This is on the basis of 100 assumptions, but I really wanna see where Kanye takes his sound and content next rather than releasing the Late Registration of MBDTF. I mean I'll take all the Ye I can get, but expectations are through the roof after MBDTF.

- A Ninjas in Paris video. God damnit, why have they not done more? It's like MBDTF all over again, massive promotion beforehand and then.. Nothing. Find some time during the tour to cut it and put it out. Ideally I'd like a video for Illest Motherfucker Alive and Murder to Excellence too, but now I'm being greedy. Oh and So Appalled.

- MotM3 nao.

Also I just finished an exam just now, and people who know that feeling know it's a certain kind of ecstasy you can't find elsewhere, so I'm blasting some angry dipset in celebration.

PBY

Banned
What I want:
- GOOD Music the album to be entirely produced by GOOD Music producers, and to have GOOD Fridays leading up to it's release. Only outside features being Cole and Common. Fairly sure Common will be a lock.

- WTT2 to be the WTT we were supposed to get. Not watered down or anything. More introspective, more bold claims from Kanye, same Jay that was on WTT putting some effort into his verses. Less features, less guest producers, less hugely sample heavy songs like Who Gon Stop Me. Ideally just bring back Swizz for one song and get Just Blaze on there and no more, leave the rest to Ye. Equalize the verses Ye and Jay get a bit.

- MBDTF2 to be delayed. Okay maybe not delayed but I dont want it put out out of obligation. I'm not sure if Im ready for MBDTF2, I feel like Ye needs to go through some shit before he makes it and ends up just being a bunch of poppy tracks. This is on the basis of 100 assumptions, but I really wanna see where Kanye takes his sound and content next rather than releasing the Late Registration of MBDTF. I mean I'll take all the Ye I can get, but expectations are through the roof after MBDTF.

- A Ninjas in Paris video. God damnit, why have they not done more? It's like MBDTF all over again, massive promotion beforehand and then.. Nothing. Find some time during the tour to cut it and put it out. Ideally I'd like a video for Illest Motherfucker Alive and Murder to Excellence too, but now I'm being greedy. Oh and So Appalled.

- MotM3 nao.

Also I just finished an exam just now, and people who know that feeling know it's a certain kind of ecstasy you can't find elsewhere, so I'm blasting some angry dipset in celebration.

Cosign everything in this post

Say what you want about the KanyeGAF contingent but the WTT listening party was, for lack of a better term, cray.

Esch

Banned
because GOOD Fridays, MBDTF and WTT in a year was soooooooooooooo bad

cant stop wont stop. eh uh. eh uh. *harlem shakes out of thread*

I was talking more about Jay and the hackneyed bullshit he's been writing since AG. He doesn't have the creative fuel for 2 albums in a year, as a fan idgaf about listening to him on MONEY POWER HATERS UNGRATEFUL WEED RUNNERS I USED TO BE POOR autopilot anymore.

Ye will continue his trend of icarus hip hop, reaching for the sky artistically and falling flat on his face with 2nd rate verse, cheesy beats with every conceivable bell and whistle on one track. And the stans will continue to gobble it up. Doesnt matter how long the albums are.

What made me a huge fan was the fact he was often spitting your stereotypical gangsta rap content but he was doing it better than every other gangsta rapper in the early 90's. .
The guy in my avatar was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom