• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
I was talking more about Jay and the hackneyed bullshit he's been writing since AG. He doesn't have the creative fuel for 2 albums in a year, as a fan idgaf about listening to him on MONEY POWER HATERS UNGRATEFUL WEED RUNNERS I USED TO BE POOR autopilot anymore.

Ye will continue his trend of icarus hip hop, reaching for the sky artistically and falling flat on his face with 2nd rate verse, cheesy beats with every conceivable bell and whistle on one track. And the stans will continue to gobble it up

This describes WTT perfectly.

I'm ready for hip hop gaf to not talk about Kanye for at least a month after the last few pages of kanye fuckery. I'll do my part. I wont talk about kanye until the new year unless he dies, kills someone, or (fingers crossed) retires.

I'm ready for hip hop gaf to not talk about Kanye for at least a month after the last few pages of kanye fuckery. I'll do my part. I wont talk about kanye until the new year unless he dies, kills someone, or (fingers crossed) retires.

Cannot be quoted enough. At this rate the next OT should be called:

Kanye West (feat. Hip-Hop) |OT4| No Matter Where We Turn, We're Always Facing West

kodecraft

I miss GOOD Fridays. That was such a nice thing to do by Kanye. Granted it gave us some My Beautiful Whatever Whatever tracks, but I was one of the ones to hold off on listening to leaks from the album.

I agree with this, GOOD Fridays along with the release MBDTF made my year, it was Christmas musically.

kodecraft

I agree, but Kanye and hip-hop go so well together.

Where would you guys rank Kanye's albums, now that we've had months to digest the last one.

College Dropout>Late Registration>Dark Fantasy>>>Graduation

what do you guys think

PBY

Banned
Where would you guys rank Kanye's albums, now that we've had months to digest the last one.
Dark Fantasy>slight edge>College Dropout>Late Registration=Graduation>808s

what do you guys think
boom

also that 50cent + DJ Khalil track is hot as fuck

kamspy

College Dropout>Late Registration>Dark Fantasy>>>Graduation

what do you guys think

Nah man.

It's

Spice 1 (self titled) > AmeriKKKaz Nightmare > 187 He Wrote > 1990 Sick>-> Black Bossalini >>>>>>>the rest

Oh, and that Big 10 tape is mean as F.U.C.K. Better quality than most rappers retail. 50 is back for me. Can't question the hunger here. It's not for the money though, it's for the respect. He pissed.

Recon

Banned
College Dropout>Late Registration>>>>808's=MBDTF>Graduation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WTT.

kodecraft

What I want:
- GOOD Music the album to be entirely produced by GOOD Music producers, and to have GOOD Fridays leading up to it's release. Only outside features being Cole and Common. Fairly sure Common will be a lock.

- WTT2 to be the WTT we were supposed to get. Not watered down or anything. More introspective, more bold claims from Kanye, same Jay that was on WTT putting some effort into his verses. Less features, less guest producers, less hugely sample heavy songs like Who Gon Stop Me. Ideally just bring back Swizz for one song and get Just Blaze on there and no more, leave the rest to Ye. Equalize the verses Ye and Jay get a bit.

- MBDTF2 to be delayed. Okay maybe not delayed but I dont want it put out out of obligation. I'm not sure if Im ready for MBDTF2, I feel like Ye needs to go through some shit before he makes it and ends up just being a bunch of poppy tracks. This is on the basis of 100 assumptions, but I really wanna see where Kanye takes his sound and content next rather than releasing the Late Registration of MBDTF. I mean I'll take all the Ye I can get, but expectations are through the roof after MBDTF.

- A Ninjas in Paris video. God damnit, why have they not done more? It's like MBDTF all over again, massive promotion beforehand and then.. Nothing. Find some time during the tour to cut it and put it out. Ideally I'd like a video for Illest Motherfucker Alive and Murder to Excellence too, but now I'm being greedy. Oh and So Appalled.

- MotM3 nao.

Also I just finished an exam just now, and people who know that feeling know it's a certain kind of ecstasy you can't find elsewhere, so I'm blasting some angry dipset in celebration.

I agree with this post 100%, I am not trolling as you guys have claimed about me before when i talk about my homie Ma$e, but expect Ma$e to be on some of this GOOD music in 2012.

Ma$e album "I'm Not Rich, Just Soulful" 2012, this will be the Harlem World/Welcome Back Ma$e ya'll not Murda Mase.

kodecraft

No one gives a fuck about ma$e but you. I find this funny.

I find this funny, you know how fickle fans are?...let Ma$e appear on a new GOOD Friday "Christian Dior Flow" track next year and kill it and watch the same naysayers today say things like "Whoa Ma$e still got it" or "I doubted Ma$e before"....trust this.

Plus Recon you come off as a hater talking like that. Some things i agree with you on...but other things calls for a heated debate....THIS IS HIP HOP joe.

50CentTheBig10Cover-450x450.jpg

Download here. I'll let y'all beta test this mixtape though. Also, was the BoB mixtape worth a damn?

Shooting Guns Is a fucking BANGER, 50 should have done it with banks or em, or solo but Kidd Kidd Did ok.

I Just Wanna, Wait Til Tonight & Body On It are standout I'll give the tape a solid 8, it won't make you a fan if you never liked 50, but if you like old mixtape 50 you'll like this

Funny how of Children of the Corn 1/3 is deceased, 1/3 disappeared completely and 1/3 slipped into irrelevancy but still think they're important.

Recon

Banned
I find this funny, you know how fickle fans are?...let Ma$e appear on a new GOOD Friday "Christian Dior Flow" track next year and kill it and watch the same naysayers today say things like "Whoa Ma$e still got it" or "I doubted Ma$e before"....trust this.

Plus Recon you come off as a hater talking like that. Some things i agree with you on...but other things calls for a heated debate....THIS IS HIP HOP joe.

Im not hating on Ma$e, i just dont care either way. I bought Welcome Back the day it came out. I no longer care.

Anyways, anyone listen to T-Pain-rEVOLVEr ? Shit goes pretty hard, bass wise.

kodecraft

Im not hating on Ma$e, i just dont care either way. I bought Welcome Back the day it came out. I no longer care.

Anyways, anyone listen to T-Pain-rEVOLVEr ? Shit goes pretty hard, bass wise.

I need to listen to that T-Pain but i was cautious....will check it out later today.....check out that 50 mixtape out though.

Recon

Banned
I need to listen to that T-Pain but i was cautious....will check it out later today.....check out that 50 mixtape out though.

Yeah, i downloaded, will give it a listen later. I like Fif, just his music has bored me since The Massacre.
And yeah, rEVOLVEr is basically nothing but club bangers so far. And people say i dont like club music, lol.

kodecraft

I had never heard of this album until now. Just got it.....so good. Classic Yeezy.

Really? Well this must be a great find for you..its an absolute treasure, wish Yeezy would keep these type of remix albums up.

just like he released an official College Dropout instrumental album.

Recon

Banned
How bad ass would it be to have a orchestra backing you up on stage? When I look at that, no wonder Kanye's ego got so big, that shit is more epic than WTT could ever hope to be.

kodecraft

How bad ass would it be to have a orchestra backing you up on stage? When I look at that, no wonder Kanye's ego got so big, that shit is more epic than WTT could ever hope to be.

This and I have to respect Kanye's sense for composing his song structure....his music orchestrated is unmatched in hip-hop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom