• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf, also count me in as being Late for that Late Orchestration. I'm already a sucker for stringed instruments (probably why Late Registration is my favorite Kanye album), so this is right up my fucking alley.

I mean, goddamn

kodecraft

This is funny, there was just a post about not talking about Kanye for about a month in this thread...

Also, good to see so many new comers to Kanye's Late Orchestration.

We need a My Beautiful Dark Twisted Orchestration....

Better yet...My Orchestrated Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Jay Sosa

so were ranking K***s records again huh?

Funny how of Children of the Corn 1/3 is deceased, 1/3 disappeared completely and 1/3 slipped into irrelevancy but still think they're important.

That reminds me that I always wondered why Cam always mentions Bloodshed but almost never Big L which I think is pretty odd.

Edit: Weren't there 4 people in the group? L, Killa, Murda and McGruff? Edit²:Wiki even say Bloodshed was a member as well..

I'm ready for hip hop gaf to not talk about Kanye for at least a month after the last few pages of k***e fuckery. I'll do my part. I wont talk about k***e until the new year unless he dies, kills someone, or (fingers crossed) retires.

pages PAGES? Thank god I have different sleep cycle. Btw after reading the last page I kinda wanted to suggest that we open a second hip hop thread where we never mention his name again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is funny, there was just a post about not talking about Kanye for about a month in this thread...

Also, good to see so many new comers to Kanye's Late Orchestration.

We need a My Beautiful Dark Twisted Orchestration....

Better yet...My Orchestrated Dark Twisted Fantasy.

WTT fucked up our chances of that happening. Even the MBDTF release concert was lackluster. Yeah it had stars there, but the stage was the size of a Pinto and it was a loud, rowdy crowd. No band no nothing. Huge missed opportunity. The Runaway series of concerts he's been doing at events everywhere is one that Shakespeare ish instead.

That reminds me that I always wondered why Cam always mentions Bloodshed but almost never Big L which I think is pretty odd.

Edit: Weren't there 4 people in the group? L, Killa, Murda and McGruff? Edit²:Wiki even say Bloodshed was a member as well..

Same reason why Iwata never mentions Yokoi.
I totally made that up

Don't forget Digga. Yeah. That guy. I never heard of him tbh.

CRS

Yesssssssssss, this video brings out the stan in me.
Same here. I appreciated him so much more after I saw that mini-doc.

Also, very surprised that so many people are new to Late Orchestration. You're welcome.

People should look up Portland Cell Project's cover of All of the Lights. Amazing.

Jay Sosa

I'm not nerdy enough to understand that joke :C

I'll look it up.

EDIT: Ahh now I remember, it's that dude that got hit by a car.

CRS

Also, did anyone catch Lupe in that mini-doc? His couple of appearances kill me knowing what he's going to turn into.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So that only got a DVD release?

Damn. Was hoping for a CD recorded in a studio.
No. It was a CD made from the live recordings from the concert. It was accompanied by a DVD release which had the video of the entire thing and a bunch of other goodies.

Also, did anyone catch Lupe in that mini-doc? His couple of appearances kill me knowing what he's going to turn into.
Haha, yeah I remember when I first saw it I had to do a double take. There's an interview out there somewhere where Lupe talks about how his mind was blown just sitting there watching Kanye work.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The guy in my avatar was better.

Different kind of rapper entirely. I'm talking that west coast gangsta shit. Kool G was an east coast gangster rapper. Different feel entirely. Nobody was fucking with Spice from his debut up to Amerikkkas Nightmare as far as straight up west coast ultra violent gangsta rap. That grimey shit that was playing in tape decks in old chevy caprices while some dude hung out the window with an uzi.

kamspy

This is all I can find. Looks like shit.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F4LBL8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

1:33:1 AR

and no mention of a CD.

Kan man shoulda dropped this joint on SACD or DVD-A with a studio recording. SACD and DVD-A laughs at your pitiful FLAC rips gaf. LAUGHS.

:(

Different kind of rapper entirely. I'm talking that west coast gangsta shit. Kool G was an east coast gangster rapper. Different feel entirely. Nobody was fucking with Spice from his debut up to Amerikkkas Nightmare as far as straight up west coast ultra violent gangsta rap. That grimey shit that was playing in tape decks in old chevy caprices while some dude hung out the window with an uzi.

Truth. I wonder how many people have been killed to Spice 1?

Recon

Banned
No. It was a CD made from the live recordings from the concert. It was accompanied by a DVD release which had the video of the entire thing and a bunch of other goodies.

Haha, yeah I remember when I first saw it I had to do a double take. There's an interview out there somewhere where Lupe talks about how his mind was blown just sitting there watching Kanye work.

I would love a Kanye Orchestra Studio joint. Now that would be something i could get hyped for.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would love a Kanye Orchestra Studio joint. Now that would be something i could get hyped for.
Come to think of it, I want to say that part of LR was recorded with an in-studio orchestra, but it probably isn't and is just pieced together. I would expect that he has done something of the sort by now at least, but I can't back that up. Graduation forward I don't think he would've.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Will this Kanye phase be over by Tuesday?
vhKkq.gif

IrishNinja

man, local station has DJ Laz doing random old school booty mixes in the morning - 2 Live Crew, Splack Pack, JT Money/Poison Clan shit, it's awesome and you know it's on because you can feel the force of tens of thousands of latina asses shaking simultaneously.

Reaggeton doesn't do it as big, i miss that era.

related: anyone ever seen that MIAMI BASS shirt from No More Heroes? holy shit i want that thing.

iavi

Fucking lol at the YT comments for FVCK TVYLXR GVNG

Real talk, my niggas, if this beat don't make you wanna run up on the first nigga you see and swipe your tongue down the crack of that niggas ass like a EBT card, you need to kill yourself, no homo. PURPGANGSWAG

We need the Miami Bass genre back soooo badly right now in hip hop. SpaceGhostPurp will deliver us to salvation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG3JE0YcWhE

SGP is one of the most entertaining acts in the game right now. Doesn't even need to fix the mixing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Diverging a bit, this is what I've been listening to recently. I don't expect anyone to check it out, but I figured posting is better than not posting at all.

dream.jpg

Local artist B Magic's D.R.E.A.M.. Checked him out cause he was brown, and I'm brown, but found his stuff surprisingly solid. It's backpack rap to the core, talks of struggles in life and the come up and stuff, and has some undertones that actually reflect his (our) culture. Actually, my cousin who generally has horrible taste in music was playing some and for the first time ever I actually asked him what it was. The production is pretty varied throughout, some boom bap elements, some particularly good sampling. All of that. I won't say he's revolutionary or mindblowing or anything, but if you enjoy good backpacker rap, you may enjoy this.

tl;dr: Check out the Intro and Chasing Pavements on the bandcamp page, probably the two best tracks on the album. The album/mixtape is free. Holla back.

EDIT: DERP, here is the bandcamp page: http://bmagic.bandcamp.com/album/d-r-e-a-m-2

Recon

Banned
Diverging a bit, this is what I've been listening to recently. I don't expect anyone to check it out, but I figured posting is better than not posting at all.

dream.jpg

Local artist B Magic's D.R.E.A.M.. Checked him out cause he was brown, and I'm brown, but found his stuff surprisingly solid. It's backpack rap to the core, talks of struggles in life and the come up and stuff, and has some undertones that actually reflect his (our) culture. Actually, my cousin who generally has horrible taste in music was playing some and for the first time ever I actually asked him what it was. The production is pretty varied throughout, some boom bap elements, some particularly good sampling. All of that. I won't say he's revolutionary or mindblowing or anything, but if you enjoy good backpacker rap, you may enjoy this.

tl;dr: Check out the Intro and Chasing Pavements on the bandcamp page, probably the two best tracks on the album. The album/mixtape is free. Holla back.

EDIT: DERP, here is the bandcamp page: http://bmagic.bandcamp.com/album/d-r-e-a-m-2
Nice edit, i was just about to bitch about no links...lol

PBY

Banned
thestatement2.jpg

this is out; i like Ace Hood bout to listen and report back

wait... track 6 flips Illmatic's memory lane sample... with an r and b hook.. Don't know how I feel about this.

Remakes usually don't bother me, but shit.

Acid08

Banned

dream.jpg

Intro was cool, definitely going to download.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
snoop-mac-devin.jpg

This is out in the wild btw for anyone who cares; I was actually super hyped for this album fwiw
So.. didn't the actual movie get held up or something? What's up with that? I would imagine they would want to release them in sync.

It's been far too long since I've seen my last rapper-acted trainwreck of a film. Fools keep tryna think they can out-do Killa Season. NOPEEEE.

Intro was cool, definitely going to download.
Woot. Let me know whatcha think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom