• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which coast do you guys rep? Pac's my favorite rapper but I can't fuck with most other west coast shit. I gotta go with the east coast

PhoenixDark
Alas, I highly doubt blasting Zelda music will get me laid with Tupac
(Today, 06:34 PM)

nah, but seriously. I guess I listen to most east coast artists nowadays.
yeah... I might be one of the few gafhoppers who likes Wiz- but this new Wiz/Snoop fucking goes, its smooth as hell
Thanks for the heads up. I've liked all the leak tracks so far.

Tokubetsu

Few tracks into Mac & Devin, it's good. It's basically OJ & Kush Vol 2 Featuring Snoop Dogg. Couple Warren G tracks on there too.

Diverging a bit, this is what I've been listening to recently. I don't expect anyone to check it out, but I figured posting is better than not posting at all.

dream.jpg

Local artist B Magic's D.R.E.A.M.. Checked him out cause he was brown, and I'm brown, but found his stuff surprisingly solid. It's backpack rap to the core, talks of struggles in life and the come up and stuff, and has some undertones that actually reflect his (our) culture. Actually, my cousin who generally has horrible taste in music was playing some and for the first time ever I actually asked him what it was. The production is pretty varied throughout, some boom bap elements, some particularly good sampling. All of that. I won't say he's revolutionary or mindblowing or anything, but if you enjoy good backpacker rap, you may enjoy this.

tl;dr: Check out the Intro and Chasing Pavements on the bandcamp page, probably the two best tracks on the album. The album/mixtape is free. Holla back.

EDIT: DERP, here is the bandcamp page: http://bmagic.bandcamp.com/album/d-r-e-a-m-2
Just listened a couple of times, I like it overall, it's pretty decent. God damn at the singing at one of the tracks though haha(Wise up I think)

tmdorsey

Damn a Spice 1 mention. Nice. Takes me back to HS.

On another note, for some reason I've been on an EPMD kick lately. Recently rode out from the club to listening to my 3 favorite tracks of theirs, You Gots to Chill, You're a Customer, and Strictly Snappin Necks. Fuckin quality music right there. What's GAF-Hop's thoughts on them, specifically their first 3 albums?

kamspy

You're a customer would be my EPMD joint. I think Eric Sermon is one of the most underrated producers from the 90s. Don't know where he went.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm ready for hip hop gaf to not talk about Kanye for at least a month after the last few pages of kanye fuckery. I'll do my part. I wont talk about kanye until the new year unless he dies, kills someone, or (fingers crossed) retires.

Fuck that.

Every time I post in GAF Hop I will always mention Yeezy.

See it's as simple as that.

or

"The name "Kanye" means "the only one" in Swahili

Macca

Dunno if it was posted here, but I just saw the track listing for the new Soulja Boy album and fuck, some of the tracks look hot. Speakers Going Hammer and Mean Mug were pretty good off the last album I though. Anyway:

"I'm Boomin'" (produced by Lex Luger) – 3:24

"My City" (produced by DJ Iknoso) – 4:21
"Hold You Down" (featuring Snoop Dogg; produced by 340 Music)
"Real Money (Cali Life)" (produced by R3$ource) – 4:35[1]
"Drop That Down" (produced by Supa Crank It & Dre Beatz) – 4:08
"Swag Daddy" (produced by Mike Will ) – 5:15
"Love Money" (featuring Big Sean; produced by R3$ource)
"I Love You" (featuring Bobby V & Nicki Minaj; produced by Soulja Boy Tell 'Em)
"Return Of Money Gang" (featuring Arab & Ja-Bar; produced by G5 Kids)
"MMG (Anthem For A King)" (produced by Supa Crank It & Murphy Kid) – 4:19
"Make My City Proud" (produced by Jay Clink) – 3:52
"Blast Gang Seekers" (featuring Hurricane Chris, 50 Cent & Busta Rhymes; produced by Drumma Boy)
"TBA" (featuring Kreayshawn & V.I.C.)
"I'm Winning" (produced by Soulja Boy Tell 'Em) – 3:39
"Grammy Pt 2" (featuring Sean Kingston)

Those bolded definitely sound good to me. Especially Blast Gang Seekers.

wenis

What do you guys think of Kanye West?

ihGKIhMZeND4s.gif

Dunno if it was posted here, but I just saw the track listing for the new Soulja Boy album and fuck, some of the tracks look hot. Speakers Going Hammer and Mean Mug were pretty good off the last album I though. Anyway:

"Blast Gang Seekers" (featuring Hurricane Chris, 50 Cent & Busta Rhymes; produced by Drumma Boy)

Talent costs money...that's why he doesn't have a home anymore.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
no. we just did this. maybe next week.

blast gang is the only song that looks appealing to me. and thats if soulja boy isn't on it.

>Soulja Boy
5MDmT.jpg

Does no one find it embarassing that Snoop Dogg is playing a high school dude in this movie with Wiz?
He's fucking 40.
He fits right in just like Kimbo Slice's son.

hahaha

Back yeah, I enjoyed that Mac and Dre quite a bit, but man it always bothers me when albums slow down near the end. I feel like I have a hard time staying up listening to this shit. Going to listen to this in my car over the weekend.

wenis

Does no one find it embarassing that Snoop Dogg is playing a high school dude in this movie with Wiz?
He's fucking 40.

It's a movie starring men named "Snoop" and "Wiz"... I think realistic casting went out the window a while ago.

Also, gettin' lifted to the album right now. s'good.

Recon

Banned
I had no idea it was a film until i kept seeing the album promoted as a soundtrack. I just read the plot, Snoop is a 5 year senior who is crushin on a teacher? lmao.

Macca

Its not even about realistic casting, but as a 40 year old man why in the world would you want to act as a high school kid?
I'm guessing he's not going to be playing a kid, it'll be some zany reason why the two of them have to go to high school. I really can't believe they'd have him playing a fifteen year old.

wenis

Its not even about realistic casting, but as a 40 year old man why in the world would you want to act as a high school kid?

It's a movie where he gets to smoke weed and film stupid shit with friends and possibly (most likely) a hot female lead.

If she isn't hot, then I shall strike this film down myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom