• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
alright how about commons new album. anyone think its gonna be AOTY or even have a chance?

You hear it yet? Because i havnt, so i have no clue. Ive liked every track so far, but the rest could be hot garbage. Plus, it has an uphill battle going against Undun and Oneirology.

While we're on the subject of hip-hop movies, though, whats everyones favorite?

I'm pretty partial to Belly, even with Nas' wooden acting.

the movie is gonna suck for sure (and it won't compare to How High) but I'm definitely down with the album/mixtape.

I dunno man...I dunno. I don't think I can allow myself to listen to either Wiz or Snoop.
Snoop hasn't made anything worth listening to in a long while.
And Wiz is a poor man's Curren$y (get it?).
I'm sure the production is nice, though.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I thought Belly was boring as fuck. There really hasn't been any good hip hop movies. Most rappers are shit actors and if you give them control over a movie it's not pretty. Even friday is a pretty average movie.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

theirs something about Nas. first time i saw him in a video, he was completely a different person than i thought he would be from hearing his tapes.

Recon

Banned

Belly, How High,Paid In Full. Paid In Full is probably my favorite.

Edit: I dont really count Friday To me it is a legitimate movie that happens to star a rapper.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought Belly was boring as fuck. There really hasn't been any good hip hop movies. Most rappers are shit actors and if you give them control over a movie it's not pretty. Even friday is a pretty average movie.
You shut your whore mouth. Not really a hip hop movie though, aside from having Cube in it.

Otherwise, yeah I agree.

Lets keep it to strictly hip-hop movies.
I was originally gunna say movies that have had a large influence on hip-hop (ie: Scarface, Godfather, Boyz n da Hood) but then everyone would vote Scarface od Godfather.

What about Baby Boy, that was a cool movie.

Recon

Banned
Lets keep it to strictly hip-hop movies.
I was originally gunna say movies that have had a large influence on hip-hop (ie: Scarface, Godfather, Boyz n da Hood) but then everyone would vote Scarface od Godfather.

What about Baby Boy, that was a cool movie.

Scarface is a garbage movie in relation to how much praise it gets.

If we are going to count XXX2 and Boyz n the hood, then I'm counting Cradle 2 the Grave and Romeo must die

Well, maybe Boyz n the hood is fine I guess

CRS

Slept on classic.

the-wash.jpg

Scarface is a classic. And I'm not saying that because "omgz tony is tha coolz with all that coke and gunz" but it is a legitimately masterfully shot film with some forever quotable lines.

Nolan and other fools wish they could make a movie that good today. this comment doesn't belong here though so I'm just gonna say uh Boyz N tha Hood for the best 'hip-hop' film I guess. But I'm not too sure if that counts still.

Recon

Banned

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Friday is average as fuck. Sorry...wait no I'm not sorry. It is. Unless you are high as hell when you watch it.

Speaking of stoner movies, best stoner movie by far is Half Baked. I must have seen that movie 20 times and I don't even smoke weed that much.

Big problem is Chris Tucker, who is one of the most unfunny motherfuckers on earth.

my favorite stoner movie is Do the Right Thing. I don't know why but I just like the vibe of it a lot.

Oh and also The Room...for obvious reasons.

Friday is average as fuck. Sorry...wait no I'm not sorry. It is. Unless you are high as hell when you watch it.

Speaking of stoner movies, best stoner movie by far is Half Baked. I must have seen that movie 20 times and I don't even smoke weed that much.

Big problem is Chris Tucker, who is one of the most unfunny motherfuckers on earth.
That scene made me laugh so much the first time I saw it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWDROlOG3-s

Even now I can imagine myself having the same reaction :lol :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

At least your right about something.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I really like Mac and Devin, but I will forever skip Young, Wild and Free for as long as I live. That song is hot garbage.

The rest of the album is fucking legit though and that's hard to say considering Snoop fell off hard and Wiz is...well Wiz.

This shit is toasty
iJi4t9U9HS9dZ.gif

CRS

Best stoner movie and great movie overall is easily Half Baked.

The entire film is a quotable line.

"They killed Killer, B!"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I really like Mac and Devin, but I will forever skip Young, Wild and Free for as long as I live. That song is hot garbage.

The rest of the album is fucking legit though and that's hard to say considering Snoop fell off hard and Wiz is...well Wiz.

This shit is toasty
http://i.minus.com/iJi4t9U9HS9dZ.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
I fucking HATE Wiz Khalifa.. but I love Young, Wild & Free. The old version was better, but it's still a big song. And one I can fuck with until 14 days from now when you can't turn around without hearing it played.

CRS

This shit is toasty
iJi4t9U9HS9dZ.gif

What's higher? The album or the Brave Little Toaster's sequel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom