• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Action dropped like 60+ tracks and made it on the Wu Tang record. He was a cook a year ago.

Currensy would get this for 2010 imo. MCC never came out.

He dropped 2 tapes, not anywhere close to 60 tracks. Bon Apetit...Bitches was in 2010.

iavi

There's another Kanye mini-doc up on voyr.com

Paying members only, it seems. Yeah, forget that shit. I'm not that much of a stan.

IrishNinja

wait, if boyz n the hood counts, does juice count? i used to love all the cameos in who's the man (dre & ed lover) in the day, not sure how it'd age. shit like the disorderlies prolly comes off pretty corny now.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Here you go, voting is over. Only list that matters. Top 10 aoty.

E-40's Graveyard/Overtime Shift albums almost made the cut. If he had combined the best from both into one single album it would be top 3 material.

I've lurked this thread long enough to not only trust the opinion of all the regulars who post in this thread, but also hold it high esteem even if I don't necessarily agree. Yet after seeing some of the posts in this thread about eminem's best verses it reminded me of why I just don't discuss hip-hop with just anybody. Some of the people in that thread don't seem to have any real extensive knowledge of the genre outside of Eminem.

kamspy

You know, I was more than ready to hand Man Of The Year to Curren$y...but Kampsy brings up a good point. Spitta released a bunch of dope shit this year and never let his foot off the gas, there's no question. But Bronson went from being a fat white rapper no one knew about outside of NY to being That Dude. He went from working with underground posse producers to having some of the best producers in hip hop begging to work with him.

He went from making cooking videos on youtube to being on the Food Network with Anthony Bourdain. Therefore I change my vote, Bronson for the double crown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi038poSKLo

I've lurked this thread long enough to not only trust the opinion of all the regulars who post in this thread, but also hold it high esteem even if I don't necessarily agree. Yet after seeing some of the posts in this thread about eminem's best verses it reminded me of why I just don't discuss hip-hop with just anybody. Some of the people in that thread don't seem to have any real extensive knowledge of the genre outside of Eminem.

That thread is straight up creepy.

Throavium

I would add "Biggest Disappointment" to the list. It can be twofold: a disappointing album and a disappointing artist

Biggest Disappointment: DOOMSTARKS EP, MF DOOM not doing diddly squat, MF DOOM being a lazy bum.

Yeah, I know he rapped a little, but Papermill does not count, that was one track that we heard before, and then Victory Lap / Avalanche was put onto DOOMSTARKS with Ghostface on it, not enough.

geeez, Currensy pretty much steals that track with Whiz and Snoop. That's not a really hard thing to do but still haha, it's like "who the hell are the other two guys?!"

pretty good tape though, way better than Rolling Papers.

Recon

Banned
The thing is, Em is an incredible lyricist with a legendary flow. But that thread takes it in some weird directions.

Kwixotik

Maaaan post-exam songs for me today:

Shutterbug - Big Boi
Drugged Out - Juicy J
Today Was a Good Day - Ice Cube

....felt good man.

I just listened to LiveLoveASAP like 6 times. And I listened to Watch the Throne to pump myself up before my chem final. It's become like a tradition of mine now to listen to that album before a major test. Iunno why. I know most people here don't like it, but it motivates me.

DominoKid

i listen to Future before exams. i walk into my exams feeling like
skip-bayless-dougie.gif

Oh shit, after 2nite, I may end up in WorldStarHipHop, yo. I got into a brawl in the Village tonight. And some random ass dude was recording and scream, "WorldStarHipHop" I was like, fuck! I'm out of here. I put the beats on that dude, yo. LOL! My hand is done, but not to bad.

Oh shit, after 2nite, I may end up in WorldStarHipHop, yo. I got into a brawl in the Village tonight. And some random ass dude was recording and scream, "WorldStarHipHop" I was like, fuck! I'm out of here. I put the beats on that dude, yo. LOL! My hand is done, but not to bad.

Yeah, this just shot past The Dreamer, The Believer as my most awaited release this year.

LOL! Make sure to update us with that hahahaha

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, I know HiRes has done the AOTY threads in the past. One night when I was feeling extra outgoing I said I wanted to tackle this year, but honestly, I'm not good enough to do it justice when we've got Macca and HRD around. So I'm offering up whatever dibs I had on making the thread.

I would like to bounce some categories around.

-AOTY (retail or mixtape, no restrictions. it's 2011)

-Rookie of the Year (we still need a way to quantify this, there's "that guy" who's all "I was this guys friend on myspapce in 02!"

-Man of the Year (basically hardest working guy in hip hop)

-Producer of the Year (Drumma Boy)

-Duet of the Year (we've had so many, it can easily get it's own category)

-Best beats on an album (maybe not AOTY, but the album with the best beats)

- Biggest Fail

-Beat jacked the hardest (who's beat got pounded the hardest by some strange?)

-Best Feature

-Best Art

ideas? takers?
Single of the Year, GAF-Hop fail of the year, all the categories we suggested last time you brought this up should be included too, though now I forget. But solid stuff, someone just needs to get to it and get ready to post it at the crack of next year.

EDIT: Oh my god.. That Em thread.. Some of those bolded lines are so bad... I wouldn't even compare 2pac to Shakespeare, though he's probably the closest, by a long mile. You really don't know the significance of Shakespeare if your allowing those comparisons to occur.

Esch

Banned
when keeping it real goes wrong

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it the one in Chicago? It's the only one I can watch, when I try to select episodes, there's only one available and if I click on it, it asks me to register...
Yeah.. it isn't the same as the first episode.

Maybe for pay you get access to all the archived episodes, and for free you only get the episode of the week. I was under the impression only the first was free and the rest were for-pay.

Slizz

Anyone been listening to that Mac and Devin, Snoop and Wiz OST?

It really ain't half bad. Pretty good vibe on a lot of tracks....

baytl-cover.png

Screen-Shot-2011-11-30-at-9.59.25-AM-800x386.png

fucking shit. this album is amazing. just leaked yesterday.
gonna pay actual money for this when it comes out. favorites so far:

Push Ups
Hate me Some More
Millions Every Month

BAYTL is everything i want out of a rap album in 2011. on the top 10 list for sure.

revolutionarysuicide-500.jpg

noticed these kids cuz they did a nice banger with Vado the other day. harlem blood rappers. downloaded their tape just for a laugh and it was surprisingly pretty good! lot of heat rock beats. if you like that dipset-style of epic beats, this is worth checking out.

Download:

http://keeplockent.com/THE5REVOLUTIONARYSUICIDE.htm

PBY

Banned
Anyone been listening to that Mac and Devin, Snoop and Wiz OST?

It really ain't half bad. Pretty good vibe on a lot of tracks....

Yeah it's fucking awesome. Baytl is currently fighting it out right now w juicy j's tape for a spot in my top 10; every ones top 10 list should reserve a spot for ignorant brilliance. Goddamm Baytl isawesome haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom