• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That Juicy tape is fucking horrendous. I love Three 6, but juicy is an awful rapper. He just has NO flow whatsoever and has the most elementary ass 9 year old white kid writing about drugs and violence lyrics.
I dont remember it being like that though, he was never impressive but I thought he was at least capable. Going back and listening to old three 6 shit, he doesn't annoy me at all. But I can't sit through a single song on his new mixtape. Maybe it's the change in production style, with Juicy trying his hardest to sound like Lex. It just doesn't work. Get back with Paul, crunchy, and infamous and make a goddamn three 6 album and stop fucking with this bullshit taylor "gang" nonsense.

XV - Zero Heroes
Elzhi - Elmatic
Big K.R.I.T. - Return of 4Eva
Thurz - L.A. Riot

Did I miss any outstanding mixtape this year?
I didn't like Friend of the People or EPIC

kamspy

That Juicy tape is fucking horrendous. I love Three 6, but juicy is an awful rapper. He just has NO flow whatsoever and has the most elementary ass 9 year old white kid writing about drugs and violence lyrics.
I dont remember it being like that though, he was never impressive but I thought he was at least capable. Going back and listening to old three 6 shit, he doesn't annoy me at all. But I can't sit through a single song on his new mixtape. Maybe it's the change in production style, with Juicy trying his hardest to sound like Lex. It just doesn't work. Get back with Paul, crunchy, and infamous and make a goddamn three 6 album and stop fucking with this bullshit taylor "gang" nonsense.

u aint trippy mane.

this "what coast do you rep" stuff is kinda silly IMO.

and before anyone says it, yes, i know my posts are kinda silly too.

coldvein only reps Side Part Gang.

Recon

Banned
I just got some Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2's. What is some good bass heavy shit i can throw at them? I want my head vibrated.

siddx

u aint trippy mane.

coldvein only reps Side Part Gang.

I want to like it. I really do. Most Known Unknown was my album of the fall/winter in 2005, from September up till the new year that shit lived in my head unit. Chapter 2, when the smoke clears, and Da unbreakables all also got lots of play from me. But this mixtape is complete garbage.

siddx

I just got some Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2's. What is some good bass heavy shit i can throw at them? I want my head vibrated.

I always loved the bass on Tech's Worldwide Choppas.
And of course a bunch of tracks from trunk muzik 0-60
E-40's Beastin' works well too.

it just seems frivolous to me. east, west, south, midwest.. everybody's rapping and doing their thing. i appreciate the art form (yes, i went there) no matter where it's coming from.

You're missing the point, then. Its not about FUCK ALL OTHER COASTS but my own. But different coasts obviously have different styles. And people coming up in that area are most likely gunna favor coast.
Not only that but Hip-Hop has almost always been about rivalries between areas, I mean, even when the shit was just in NY.

coldvein

Banned
You're missing the point, then. Its not about FUCK ALL OTHER COASTS but my own. But different coasts obviously have different styles. And people coming up in that area are most likely gunna favor coast.
Not only that but Hip-Hop has almost always been about rivalries between areas, I mean, even when the shit was just in NY.

if you say "i prefer west coast coast shit over east coast shit", okay. there's just so much variety everywhere. if you say "i rep west coast", a. you sound dumb and b. you go into any given record with that bias. when i play a new rap album, what coast it came from is pretty far down on my list of how i'm going to judge it. it's just good or it isn't.

coldvein

Banned
SIMS.jpg

hello sexy.

Recon

Banned
if you say "i prefer west coast coast shit over east coast shit", okay. there's just so much variety everywhere. if you say "i rep west coast", a. you sound dumb and b. you go into any given record with that bias. when i play a new rap album, what coast it came from is pretty far down on my list of how i'm going to judge it. it's just good or it isn't.

You are looking way too much into it. It comes down to this, what sound do you prefer? Because like it or not, each coast has a sound it is known for.

Also, damn that LiveLoveAsap tape is pounding my ears. I take back my previous comparisons to Lil B. He isnt the most technically great MC, but he is entertaining enough, and the production is nice.

coldvein

Banned
You are looking way too much into it. It comes down to this, what sound do you prefer? Because like it or not, each coast has a sound it is known for.

perhaps i am. it's pretty well known here that the shit i really like comes out of the midwest. but i'd never say i "rep" that area of the country. i've never even been there. doomtree could've just as easily come out of san francisco or LA or new york. geography has nothing to do with what i like.

Recon

Banned
perhaps i am. it's pretty well known here that the shit i really like comes out of the midwest. but i'd never say i "rep" that area of the country. i've never even been there. doomtree could've just as easily come out of san francisco or LA or new york. geography has nothing to do with what i like.

Its not about repping a coast in the sense you think. I like the East coast sound the best. Illmatic is my favorite album. I have never been to NYC , the only place in the east i have been is Boston. I never want to live on the East Coast.

Esch

Banned

Dude it's just about local pride. Like with sports teams.

coldvein

Banned
Its not about repping a coast in the sense you think. I like the East coast sound the best. Illmatic is my favorite album. I have never been to NYC , the only place in the east i have been is Boston. I never want to live on the East Coast.

same here. fuck living on the east coast. i see what yr sayin though.

ps. coldvein's official top ten coming shortly.

Esch

Banned
see, that contradicts what recon is saying... he's not east coast local in any way, but he "reps east coast".
Well that shit doesn't make sense to me at all but if that's how dude interprets it, then that's him.

I like East Coast raps best probably, because they are the best. But I rep the midwest, because that's where i'm from, it's my heart. I can relate to the music on a personal level, even if I know it may not be as good as what comes from other places.

Recon

Banned
see, that contradicts what recon is saying... he's not east coast local in any way, but he "reps east coast".

I never said i rep the east coast, please dont put words in my mouth. I said i like the East Coast sound more, in general.

Well that shit doesn't make sense to me at all but if that's how dude interprets it, then that's him.

I like East Coast raps best probably, because they are the best. But I rep the midwest, because that's where i'm from, it's my heart. I can relate to the music on a personal level, even if I know it may not be as good as what comes from other places.

I am from the Midwest, i love it. I will always give props to Detroit artists because im in the D all the time. I dont know how he interpreted i was "repping" the east from.

coldvein

Banned
the moment you've all been waiting for... it's coldvein's backpacktastic TOP TEN ALBUMS OF THE YEAR. in this precise order:

1. SIMS x bad time zoo
2. Shabazz Palaces x Black Up
3. Doomtree x NO KINGS
4. Dessa x Castor, the Twin
5. Metermaids x Rooftop Shake
6. CunninLinguists x Oneirology
7. Grives/Budo x Together/Apart
8. SIMS x Wildlife EP
9. A$AP Rocky x LiveLoveAsap
10. Kendrick Lamar x Section80

SIMS.jpg

see you all next year.

PBY

Banned
Baytl is threatening to enter my top five for the year. If it was Kreayshawn instead o Vnasty id be okay with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom