• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Working on this shirt design, a few people liked the idea, so I started. What do people think of this kind of style? (Obviously not finished)

gcrck.png

Eventually filling out the rest of the design into this:

ppmao.png

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Looking good so far macca.

PLO style isn't bad, I'd probably put it on a wu playlist with the other four I listed. And you know what, I Get My Thang in Action is pretty sick as well. It's been years since I listened to Tical, it's better than I remember.
Wu is really hit and miss for me though. I loved 36 chambers, iron man (a recent development) and liquid swords, but everything else from 36 chambers to wu forever I'm mostly "eh" about. They all have their high moments but I can't sit through the entire albums. OBFCL is probably my least favorite, never been a Rae fan. And Return to 36 chambers is close behind. I love ODB but an entire album of ODBism is a bit much. There are some fantastic moments on that album though.

siddx

Would still like something simple as well though, like this, but again, actually good lol
uzKCX.jpg

Quick question:

I got a new job that has me driving a lot and I've been tuning in to FM radio around the tri-state area, although until now I've been out of touch with what's popular. Why do LOX seem to be enjoying some kind of surge in popularity? I mean, I was a fan back in the late 90s, but I would not expect them to appeal to today's youth, and they're definitely in contrast to the swag-hop that gets played otherwise. Every 5 minutes it's Drake, Wayne, WTT, etc. and then sometimes... LOX?

IrishNinja

Blackace said:
The Chris Rock skit was the only good part of Tical 2000

adding more to the list of wrecklesness if you can't say it all, just say Method.

stoopid. play too fuckin' much...pookie.

Macca

I can do all of these quite easy :) Once I'll finish this one, I'm happy to do the Mic idea, then The Chronic one. Just need time.

The Gaf-Hop shirt needs something spoofing Yeezy Bear.
94103.jpg

It works on 2 levels: Gaf-Hop loves itself some YEEZY, and Blackace's avatar being a sort of unofficial mascot.

Mr.Swag

Banned
siddx said:
Looking good so far macca.

PLO style isn't bad, I'd probably put it on a wu playlist with the other four I listed. And you know what, I Get My Thang in Action is pretty sick as well. It's been years since I listened to Tical, it's better than I remember.
Wu is really hit and miss for me though. I loved 36 chambers, iron man (a recent development) and liquid swords, but everything else from 36 chambers to wu forever I'm mostly "eh" about. They all have their high moments but I can't sit through the entire albums. OBFCL is probably my least favorite, never been a Rae fan. And Return to 36 chambers is close behind. I love ODB but an entire album of ODBism is a bit much. There are some fantastic moments on that album though.
WTF!
OBFCL is like the best Wu Tang album, give it another shot man. I can listen to that entire album anytime.
Sequel is pretty good too.

IrishNinja

coldvein's full of surprises today

yeah, i freely admit that i'm not a big fan of Rae (wish i was, he's at least making moves for the clan) but OB4CL is undeiable for me. too each their own, though.

ace - when was the last time you gave tical 2000 a try? i wrote it off years back as Judgement Day and a bunch of filler, and was pleasantly surprised when i went back on it.

Detox

Well only you would know the bear's origins to others it would just be a cool Tshirt with a cute bear.

How would people feel about a Tshirt with a bunch of classic lines from gafhoppers? So we would have some of siddx's wiz jokes and some other infamous lines. I remember Yoda had a weird phase for awhile something about sucking dick or getting sucked.

kamspy

OB4CL is basically a Wu posse album. If not that, you could call it a Ghostface album as much as a Rae album. I know Rae's name is on it, but let's be real. It was just the clan in the lab whipped up that good. Immobiliarity was where, IMO, Rae showed his weakness (minimal clan features).

He's basically just a great sidekick for Ghostface imo.

kamspy said:
OB4CL is basically a Wu posse album. If not that, you could call it a Ghostface album as much as a Rae album. I know Rae's name is on it, but let's be real. It was just the clan in the lab whipped up that good. Immobiliarity was where, IMO, Rae showed his weakness (minimal clan features).

He's basically just a great sidekick for Ghostface imo.

I agree to a certain extent, but I think you're underselling Rae here. Dude can definitely get down without the clan behind him. Look at Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang, he had some cuts on there where it was just him and he rocked it. He also had some solo cuts on OB4CL and shit was dope too.
Rae is a great rapper, but it just so happens that his shit with Ghost is untouchable.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Never saw Rae as Ghostfaces sidekick, always saw them as more of a duo within a group.
But true, Immolibarity was kinda shit.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
kamspy said:
OB4CL is basically a Wu posse album. If not that, you could call it a Ghostface album as much as a Rae album. I know Rae's name is on it, but let's be real. It was just the clan in the lab whipped up that good.
The same can be said for Ghost's best album.

IrishNinja

Macca007 said:
This talk made me throw on OBFCL2 just now. God damn Meth and Ghost go hard on House of Flying Daggers.

split ya melon like i split the dutch

that was like Gravel Pit for me; i couldnt stop playing that shit when i first heard it. amazing dilla beat, great video too

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
coldvein said:
i also don't think blackace's avatar should be on the shirt. just my opinion.

Yeah, no offense to BA, but I'm not buying a shirt with somebody's avatar on it. That's...well, just kind of creepy.

Macca

Well the good thing is that we can submit as many as we want. So everyone else can make the ones without Blackace's av on it and all will be good.

Mr.Swag said:
Black Mozart
Bagging Crack
Pyrex Vision

Great Album
I have to add

New Wu
Ason Jones
We Will Rob You

It's a shame SvWT didn't turn out quite as good as this.

IrishNinja said:
split ya melon like i split the dutch

that was like Gravel Pit for me; i couldnt stop playing that shit when i first heard it. amazing dilla beat, great video too
Oh snap, didn't realize there was a video for this shi...
vQzz4.png

fuuuuuuuuuuu

GamerSoul

I was thinking of a GAF music shirt design but I never got to create it for the shirt thread. It was basically a silhouette of city with the GAF logo under it(Get it? We're Underground lulz Or rather under the underground) with speakers next to the logo point outward or somethng like that. Or just a simple GAF logo wearing headphones.

IrishNinja

ya'll are reading way too much into the ace thing - dude's a staple here with his mixes, yeah, but the avatar is a great mascot, like ye's bear, as was said before. anyway.

macca - try this link?

Black and Brown is a really good length. Doesn't overstay it's welcome at all. Must have played it through straight about 10 times now.

What are some other notable half hour-ish albums?

All I can think of are Madvillainy and the two Gnarls Barkley joints.

Conciseness (on top of being good) is a really positive trait when looking at an album imo

Macca

IrishNinja said:
ya'll are reading way too much into the ace thing - dude's a staple here with his mixes, yeah, but the avatar is a great mascot, like ye's bear, as was said before. anyway.

macca - try this link?
Holy fuck. That was amazing. Gots me a new avatar aswell.

siddx

toasty_T said:
Black and Brown is a really good length. Doesn't overstay it's welcome at all. Must have played it through straight about 10 times now.

Conciseness (on top of being good) is a really positive trait when looking at an album imo

Other than the obvious (illmatic)

G Funk Era was 34 minutes long.
Black Sunday is a bit longer at 43 but moves at just a smooth and quick pace

Which reminds me, everyone should go download Green Street's "Endless Summer" mixtape. Its smoother than baby shit spread on wiz khalifa.

toasty_T said:

C.R.A.C Knuckles - The Piece Talks
C.R.A.C.+Frente.jpg

Pretty similar to Madvillainy.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Pinko Marx said:
C.R.A.C Knuckles - The Piece Talks
kkQ.+Frente.jpg

Pretty similar to Madvillainy.
i haven't given both a good listen yet. but from a far, madvillainy seems a bit smother than blu. while blu is ... well blu (bit more rough). the only time i ve seen/heard blu do something different was below the heavens.

Complex Shadow said:
i haven't given both a good listen yet. but from a far, madvillainy seems a bit smother than blu. while blu is ... well blu (bit more rough). the only time i ve seen/heard blu do something different was below the heavens.

nah its definitely not as smooth as Madlib production. Blu doesn't do any producing on this album, its all Ta'Raach, a detroit native. I say its similar to Madvaillainy because of its lighthearted tone, short songs, and all around playfullness.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
coldvein said:
i also don't think blackace's avatar should be on the shirt. just my opinion.

luckily your opinions are bad!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
IrishNinja said:
ace - when was the last time you gave tical 2000 a try? i wrote it off years back as Judgement Day and a bunch of filler, and was pleasantly surprised when i went back on it.

I am that rare person who likes TICAL the prequel a lot, lot

2000 is Doggfather bad to me..

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Blackace said:
luckily your opinions are bad!
enzo_gt said:
You're only giving me more reasons. Screw that guy!
WanderingWind said:
Yeah, no offense to BA, but I'm not buying a shirt with somebody's avatar on it. That's...well, just kind of creepy.
Complex Shadow said:
i am with this dude.
enzo_gt said:
yeah, screw that guy, he likes E-40.
3 people say otherwise.

Macca

toasty_T said:

The first half of 2001 is 36 minutes. That's all that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom