• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd whip something up myself but I should be studying.

What I had in mind was basically a picture of a backpack on the left pec and a picture of a minivan on the right. The minivan has a red X underneath and the backpack has a green check underneath it.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The GAF HOP shirt should look like those Obama HOPE posters, except with Gucci Mane's face, and GAF HOP below it. I'd buy one.

Esch

Banned
I fucking LOVE this album, forgot about how awesome the thugs' rap styles are:

E_1999_Eternal_cover.jpg

I know some people like Creepin more but this is where its at for me

TheOddOne

Macca007 said:
I was thinking about this yesterday. I was thinking something like
ppmao.png

(Ignore the 5 minute cutout job and shit). I'd totally redo it and make it look sweet. Maybe have it just a couple of stand out colours or something cool, make it stylish while still being Hip Hop related.

The other ideas I could whip up pretty easily too if we wanted to go down that route.
FUCK YES!

IrishNinja

Lambtron said:
The GAF HOP shirt should look like those Obama HOPE posters, except with Gucci Mane's face, and GAF HOP below it. I'd buy one.

i'd buy one too

for recons, as an early xmas gift

Macca

That'd actually be a pretty easy thing to do, but if I remember correctly for GAF Hop shirts you can't use celebrity likenesses :(

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If you want a gucci shirt go buy a gucci shirt from his homepage. No goddamn fucking artists on our gafhop shirt you fuckbuckets.

Detox

We could have two shirts, one simple the other busy. Personally I would prefer a t-shirt that is a collage of icons that make up hip-hop images to represent west, east, south, turntable Mic, some sort of graffiti, perhaps something to signify the golden age or classics etc with a nice stylised gaf logo or maybe the collage makes up the logo.

CRS

EschatonDX said:
I fucking LOVE this album, forgot about how awesome the thugs' rap styles are:

E_1999_Eternal_cover.jpg

I know some people like Creepin more but this is where its at for me
*dap* Favorite album of all time.

I can see people liking Creepin' more than Eternal. Too bad they'd be wrong.

I will say that Creepin' + Eternal is the best unofficial double album.

Hahahaha, siddx.

overcast

Lambtron said:
I wouldn't wear that.

Tokubetsu said:
Can't believe I missed this track, but here's some new Schoolboy Q:
Schoolboy Q - Oxy Music (Produced by THC)
Yup, shit is dope. I may like Schoolboy more than Kendrick.

Esch

Banned
ChldRebelSoldr said:

Hahahaha, siddx.
Kinda sad that no one picked up where the thugs left off. Their style of spit's so unique, but I feel like on some level they're lackin a little in subject matter diversity. Still, sweet ass album.

One of my favorite videos/songs ever

coldvein

Banned
siddx said:
If you want a gucci shirt go buy a gucci shirt from his homepage. No goddamn fucking artists on our gafhop shirt you fuckbuckets.

agreed. i'd wear a gaf hop shirt as long as it doesn't have a rapper on it.

Recon

Banned
I know im late, but i was gone all weekend, but OMG @ Commons Blue Sky video. That is why i love hip-hop. I dare dumbfucks like Gucci and Wacka to even come close to doing something that evokes that kind of emotion.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
ReconYoda said:
I know im late, but i was gone all weekend, but OMG @ Commons Blue Sky video. That is why i love hip-hop. I dare dumbfucks like Gucci and Wacka to even come close to doing something that evokes that kind of emotion.

Honestly, that video really rekindled my love for Common's music. Absolutely beautiful melding of imagery, storytelling, music and lyricism.

overcast

WanderingWind said:
Honestly, that video really rekindled my love for Common's music. Absolutely beautiful melding of imagery, storytelling, music and lyricism.
Yup, fantastic video. Perfectly fitting because the song is pretty damn beautiful.

Lambtron said:
The GAF HOP shirt should look like those Obama HOPE posters, except with Blackace's Afrobear, and GAF HOP below it. I'd buy one.
This would work.
Though I'm personally not partial to the shirts that have "GAF" on them.

CRS

EschatonDX said:
Kinda sad that no one picked up where the thugs left off. Their style of spit's so unique, but I feel like on some level they're lackin a little in subject matter diversity. Still, sweet ass album.

One of my favorite videos/songs ever
Yeah, subject matter doesn't vary that much but their flow, delivery, and harmony more than makes up for it.

Krayzie is one of my favorite rappers of all-time. I would say under-rated too in the hip-hop community.

Too bad U-Neek stopped producing similar sounding albums like Creepin'/E.1999/Art of War. Sometimes I wish there wasn't so much change but that's my nostalgia talking.

ChldRebelSoldr said:

Hahahaha, siddx.

I agree.

IrishNinja

overcast said:
Tical. It's very much a Wu Tang album. Fantastic production and Method kills it as usual.

/quickest discussion EVAR

Macca, you fuckin clown! id wear that to the gym, but that shirt reeks of some shit my chick would use to wash her car or something and then id never see it again, she thinks she's slick like that.
LIKE I AINT NOTICE THAT BEAUTIFUL STRUGGLE TEE I HAD WITH THE HOLE IN IT WENT MISSING WHEN YOU MOVED IN, WOMAN. YEAH I SEE YOU.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Wish I was an artist dude. I'd make the shirt be a silhouette of a dude in a hoodie blowing smoking that forms into GAF-Hop or something. Possibly at the turntables or holding a mic, if that could fit artistically.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
IrishNinja said:
/quickest discussion EVAR

Macca, you fuckin clown! id wear that to the gym, but that shirt reeks of some shit my chick would use to wash her car or something and then id never see it again, she thinks she's slick like that.
LIKE I AINT NOTICE THAT BEAUTIFUL STRUGGLE TEE I HAD WITH THE HOLE IN IT WENT MISSING WHEN YOU MOVED IN, WOMAN. YEAH I SEE YOU.
Well someone had to be the ninja in the relationship.

IrishNinja

oh, so now you're gonna take her side, huh complex

you know how hard it is to find a low end theory shirt with tour dates on the back? or a black shirt with the golden wu logo onna front & "AINT NUTHIN TO FUCK WIT" on the reverse? they dont even make them shits anymore! go check ebay, ill wait

IrishNinja

ShinobiFist said:

this gets slept on. Tical 0 or whatever i meant to re-check since (was it ace?) said it wasnt given its due.

2000 is good, Blackout! is perfect hype/party music by me and its sequel goes as well. dude's catalog isn't as respected as Ghost's, but id argue its the finest wu solo library after his. even GZA, Masta Killah etc have more missteps than john-john blaze.

overcast said:
Tical 2000 is solid. So is Blackout 2. Neither are as good as the originals. You have the best.
Tical is trash. Overrated as hell. It only has one good track. Blackout 1&2 and 4:21, is all you need.

siddx

I have to side with Shinobi somewhat on this. I don't think it's trash, but its pretty much a C album with more boring songs than good ones.

siddx said:
I have to side with Shinobi somewhat on this. I don't think it's trash, but its pretty much a C album with more boring songs than good ones.
Okay, trash is a strong word, but you know what I mean. Is not as good as people remember it to be.

IrishNinja

1. Tical 3:57
2. Biscuits 2:50
3. Bring The Pain 3:10
4. All I Need 3:16
5. What The Blood Clot 3:25
6. Meth Vs. Chef [Explicit] 3:36
7. Sub Crazy 2:15
8. Release Yo' Delf 4:15
9. P.L.O. Style 2:36
10. I Get My Thang In Action 3:46
11. Mr. Sandman 3:38
12. Stimulation 3:46
13. Method Man [Explicit]

pretty much the first half of that is great, with a few from the latter being alright too. ya'll are rating it harsh here, it stacks up well above most of 2000 (while still a great album, i thought) and definitely 4:21.

kamspy

Tical and Tical 2000 are two of the greatest hip hop albums ever released. Perfect masterwork classic material. Bow down.

Second half is best half Irish. PLO Style, Release Yo Delf, Sandman, Stimulation. Sub Crazy. What is wrong with you guys. =(

siddx

Bring The Pain, What the blood clot, sub crazy, and release yo delf are the only standout tracks to me. Everything is varies from listenable to skipable.

IrishNinja

yo momma dont wear no draws
i saw when she took them off
standing in the welfare line, eatin swine, tryin to look fine - with her stank behind

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
kamspy said:
Tical and Tical 2000 are two of the greatest hip hop albums ever released. Perfect masterwork classic material. Bow down.

Second half is best half Irish. PLO Style, Release Yo Delf, Sandman, Stimulation. Sub Crazy. What is wrong with you guys. =(

The Chris Rock skit was the only good part of Tical 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom