• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THEY SAY I'M GETTING MONEY, MUST BE ILLUMINATI

TALKING TO THE HOLY GHOST IN MY BUGATTI

23-Rick-Ross-Dancing.gif

on Track 04 Yella Diamonds and i instantly begin to hear birdman doing his usual propaganda, *rick ross grunt*

This tape is tight so far, MMG untouchables best so far

Tokubetsu

Hey guys, wouldn't it be cool if Nas sounded this great for an entire album? Yea, it'd be hella cool.

Also, that mind games beat is nice as hell.

OG Kush

I dunno guys. I like a few Ross tracks but for the most part something about his flow or something that I just can't get into it. Maybe its also the fact that hes a fake/stole his name/identy thats always in the back of my head.

My issue with these #ballaballa projects is that they're just too long IMO. 70-80 minutes of Rick Ross music and at the end, like 2 or 3 tracks stick out in my mind out of 18.

Ehh, good car album though.

Recon

Banned
Drake verse alright, you guys must be hearing something different. Plus, he bitched out and said no names. How is this a beef if those involved refuse to name names? Fucking pathetic.

RPS37

I was also unimpressed with the Drake verse. It was also literally the only song I listened to from the mixtape.

Gibbs didn't specifically call out Ross in 187 Proof either but wasn't that a MMG diss track?

Anyways tape is aiight, looking forward to album. lol @ Drake, I actually kinda like Take Care but when this guy tries to go hard and go tough it flops so hard. I'm not even a big GOOD Music fan but fucking CyHi could finish this guy in a diss track

Recon

Banned
just cause Drake put a little bass in his voice n used some bad language people wildin out

Lol. I mean, it wasnt a bad verse, it just seems to be getting decent amount of undue praise around here. It was an average verse from an average MC, and Take Care is in my top10 for the year.

Drake verse alright, you guys must be hearing something different. Plus, he bitched out and said no names. How is this a beef if those involved refuse to name names? Fucking pathetic.
I agree
pretty much what I said last page.
Gibbs didn't specifically call out Ross in 187 Proof either but wasn't that a MMG diss track?

Yea there's subliminal shots in the song. But still I don't fuck with diss tracks if a name isn't being said even though Gibbs is open to talking about how he doesn't like MMG or whatever.

French got signed to MMG as well so maybe he'll have a chance to actually put out an album.

I'll echo that Stalley does seem out of place, at the very least on that MMG The World is Ours song.

Recon

Banned
French got signed to MMG as well so maybe he'll have a chance to actually put out an album.

I'll echo that Stalley does seem out of place, at the very least on that MMG The World is Ours song.

He never got signed to MMG. It was a bidding war between GOOD/MMG/Bad Boy. I cant imagine why he chose Bad Boy over MMG, seemed like a perfect fit for his shit music.

I'm shocked people are still signing to Bad Boy in 2011/12. You'd think enough rappers would know he's a master bullshitter by now, and all he does is take your masters, give you a huge advance, then eat off your corpse for years.

prediction: Jay Electronica will be dropped from Roc Nation and join Bad Boy in the next 3 years

Recon

Banned
I'm shocked people are still signing to Bad Boy in 2011/12. You'd think enough rappers would know he's a master bullshitter by now, and all he does is take your masters, give you a huge advance, then eat off your corpse for years.

prediction: Jay Electronica will be dropped from Roc Nation and join Bad Boy in the next 3 years

It must be a huge advance, because I honestly do not see any other benefit. Especially when choosing between Kanye's label or MMG. Ross can polish a turd into a sales diamond(considering what he did with his career).

He never got signed to MMG. It was a bidding war between GOOD/MMG/Bad Boy. I cant imagine why he chose Bad Boy over MMG, seemed like a perfect fit for his shit music.

I'm saying he is signed to both MMG and Bad Boy now. This video was up a couple of days ago where he announced it and Ross is exe prod of his album.

Tokubetsu

To be fair, Machine Gun Kelly seems to be getting a fair push from Diddy but he's white, so it doesn't count. He can almost market himself.

Out of the three though, I'd probably sign with MMG. Ross seems to take care of you (Pill doesn't count if what he says is true and was really just signed to Warner). Wale got an album out (LoL) and Meek is getting a decent push now. Stalley hasn't really put out anything under MMG I don't think be he got two features on this tape and Ross is taking him out in public so at least he's being taken care of.

Recon

Banned
To be fair, Machine Gun Kelly seems to be getting a fair push from Diddy but he's white, so it doesn't count. He can almost market himself.

Out of the three though, I'd probably sign with MMG. Ross seems to take care of you (Pill doesn't count if what he says is true and was really just signed to Warner). Wale got an album out (LoL) and Meek is getting a decent push now. Stalley hasn't really put out anything under MMG I don't think be he got two features on this tape and Ross is taking him out in public so at least he's being taken care of.

Yeah, Kanye doesnt really push you, you kinda just exist on GOOD. Bad Boy is just LOL worthy at this point.

Kanye plays with you like a new toy then moves on to the next one. Big Sean and Cyhi were his faves for a bit, then Pusha T entered his life; luckily Big Sean put out an album that managed to become a hit. Cyhi is probably fucked tho

Meek could be pretty damn big, dude is legit

I can't think of any rappers signed to Bad Boy now besides Red Cafe and of course French.

Red Cafe seems like he's been on that label forever, only songs I can remember from him is that one song he has on GTA4 and paper touchin.

Edit: He probably has a shit ton rappers signed under though lol

Kanye plays with you like a new toy then moves on to the next one. Big Sean and Cyhi were his faves for a bit, then Pusha T entered his life; luckily Big Sean put out an album that managed to become a hit. Cyhi is probably fucked tho

DONDA is the new shit.
DREAM. BELIEVE. DONDA.

Tokubetsu

Cudi is definitely Kanye's favorite child but he signed with a single in hand already. Big Sean had a fairly substantial buzz already too but he's been signed to good for like 2-3 years and it took him that long to drop an album.

EDIT: For ShinobiFist:
ibORaxA0arKKl.jpg

Kanye is too much of an artist to focus on his people signed to his "label." Thats the biggest problem. So, he Signs you for the "co-sign" and gives a few beats and gives u a verse or two, most likely the single so it gets definite play. But after that, its all on you. lol. Cause Kanye gonna work on his shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom