• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf is a DONDA?
AzShc.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah.. the Drake verse was good, not great. Not sure what y'all are hearing either.

I should download this tape. Never downloaded a Ross tape before, I feel like Ross B-sides are exactly what I don't want to hear: songs filled with French Montana and the like and shit.

IrishNinja

yeah, R.I.P. bud thread.

Nasir Back

Nasir Back

Life is Good will be Stillmatic 2

i want to believe

also, can someone hook a lazy ninja up with a link to the drake response to com? i'm curious if he's got anything more than "i made (x) in the last few weeks OHHHHHHH"

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Yeah.. the Drake verse was good, not great. Not sure what y'all are hearing either.

I should download this tape. Never downloaded a Ross tape before, I feel like Ross B-sides are exactly what I don't want to hear: songs filled with French Montana and the like and shit.

Put your headphones on and just marvel at this shit. Not all these tracks are great but I was in the same boat as you and I think this tape is worth a couple spins. Some serious bangers in here. Seems like Ross is at that level where even his mixtapes are gonna be some really cray produced type stuff.

Recon

Banned
yeah, R.I.P. bud thread.

i want to believe

also, can someone hook a lazy ninja up with a link to the drake response to com? i'm curious if he's got anything more than "i made (x) in the last few weeks OHHHHHHH"

It really isnt much more than that. It really is a forgettable verse, and weak diss at that.

Stay Scheming's hook lol. I think I know what happened

"ayo Drake listen to dis hook, you gonna lay it playboi"
"hooks is an extra 5k roses, you know how I roll"
"why you gotta be like that man"
"i said 10k roses for verses, 5k roses for hooks hon"
"aite fuck it, who else can sing..."
"lemme do it Rozay, I got dis"

:(

SpeedingUptoStop

*editor's note: actual song starts 1 minute in.

If you ain't going nuts on that beat, I dunno what to tell you. This guy summed it up best.

Mike Will's beat for "King of Diamonds" totally blew my mind, might be the best trap/Luger-style beat I've ever heard. and the only beat to ever really overpower Rick Ross lol, he didn't know what to do with that so he just screamed "ROZAAY" over and over

ROZAAAAAAY.....ROZAAAAY!!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Put your headphones on and just marvel at this shit. Not all these tracks are great but I was in the same boat as you and I think this tape is worth a couple spins. Some serious bangers in here. Seems like Ross is at that level where even his mixtapes are gonna be some really cray produced type stuff.
Yeah, I heard the Albert Anastasia or w/e tape was good and hesitated cause I had other shit to listen to at the time. I guess I should pull the trigger.

*delays listening to The Div once again*

It really isnt much more than that. It really is a forgettable verse, and weak diss at that.
Yeah the actual diss bit is really weak. It's kind of embarrassing to listen to either side's shit really. It's all YOUR A PUSSY FOR NOT NAMING WHO YOUR TALKING ABOUT! NO, YOUR A PUSSY FOR NOT NAMING WHO YOUR TALKING ABOUT!

Recon

Banned
Yeah, I heard the Albert Anastasia or w/e tape was good and hesitated cause I had other shit to listen to at the time. I guess I should pull the trigger.

*delays listening to The Div once again*

Yeah the actual diss bit is really weak. It's kind of embarrassing to listen to either side's shit really. It's all YOUR A PUSSY FOR NOT NAMING WHO YOUR TALKING ABOUT! NO, YOUR A PUSSY FOR NOT NAMING WHO YOUR TALKING ABOUT!

Yeah, both sides of this weak ass beef are pathetic.

IrishNinja

If you ain't going nuts on that beat, I dunno what to tell you. This guy summed it up best.

ROZAAAAAAY.....ROZAAAAY!!!

that's the thing, though! it's a good beat, but ROZAAAY and UHH over and over, followed by rhyming the same words together for most verses - i don't get how dude's not in flocka's lane, just with better beats on average.

SpeedingUptoStop

What I wanna know is how Diddy was able to put his Ciroc advertising ass all over this tape. The hell is this marketing shit

Macca

The Rozay tape got far better in the second half. A couple decent tracks in the first half, but tracks I'll come back to in the second.

Stay Scheming's hook lol. I think I know what happened

"ayo Drake listen to dis hook, you gonna lay it playboi"
"hooks is an extra 5k roses, you know how I roll"
"why you gotta be like that man"
"i said 10k roses for verses, 5k roses for hooks hon"
"aite fuck it, who else can sing..."
"lemme do it Rozay, I got dis"

:(

that hook is really something else. I'm almost interested in checking out french montana songs to see how most of his hooks are lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Now that you bring this up, I meant to tell you to listen to the first song(Greatness) awhile back ago and tell me it doesn't remind you of old kanye.
Just YT'd it and I remember hearing this a while ago, this song is what initially got me interested in the album. So good. Indeed it does remind me of old Ye production, beyond the references. I definitely still plan on checking the album out. No I.D. >>>>>> *

Also, I think I need to revise my AOTY list once again. I had it down pact but damn.. A Sucker For Pumps is too good. Never realized it until now but I've listened to it multiple more times than other albums on my list. The production is so damn good. Lyrics and stuff on this album mean nothing at all to me, they're probably sub par but the way all the songs are put together and their production are keeping me from paying attention to that.

LOZLINK

This ross tape isn't as good as I was expecting, one of my friends told me it was better than Teflon Don so I went in with high expectations. Quite disappointed to be honest

HiResDes

The Ross tape is pretty mediocre to me, but damn Nas just Ether'd dat nigga on Triple Beam Dreams, like on some Renegade-level shit.

Slizz

m-m-m-m-maybach music isn't on ALL the songs.....

Also what was everyone expecting from this Ross tape?? To trump Teflon Don? Wait for his next retail for that....

His tapes have always been average, good beats(always) and lots of features.... Good car music.

Macca

m-m-m-m-maybach music isn't on ALL the songs.....

Also what was everyone expecting from this Ross tape?? To trump Teflon Don? Wait for his next retail for that....

His tapes have always been average, good beats(always) and lots of features.... Good car music.
The only "track" on the album that doesn't feature m-m-m-maybach music is London Skit. It is on all the actual songs.

HiResDes

Honestly I just need better hooks, like so much of the hypeness of a Rozay track depends on the hook, well along with the beats. The hooks are some of the worst I've ever heard. Like BASEDGOD geeked up at 3 in the morning cooks up better shit than this. King of Diamonds and Stay Schemin are completely ruined. I mean how you gon let a bitch ass French Montana come into your studio and limp through a half-ass chorus like that. I would have kicked his ass right the fuck out. I've freestyled better choruses than that on Bum Life tracks.

Macca

Honestly I just need better hooks, like so much of the hypeness of a Rozay track depends on the hook, well along with the beats. The hooks are some of the worst I've ever heard. Like BASEDGOD geeked up at 3 in the morning cooks up better shit than this. King of Diamonds and Stay Schemin are completely ruined. I mean how you gon let a bitch ass French Montana come into your studio and limp through a half-ass chorus like that. I would have kicked his ass right the fuck out. I've freestyled better choruses than that on Bum Life tracks.
Man, I can't hate on King of Diamonds. ROZAY. But yea, Stay Schemin is fucking horrible.

Tokubetsu

The Ross tape is pretty mediocre to me, but damn Nas just Ether'd dat nigga on Triple Beam Dreams, like on some Renegade-level shit.

Yea, Nas killed it. I wish I could look forward to Life Is Good but Nas has burned me two times already. I'll wait and see.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Word around town is The Illz is trying to get with Rhymesayers.

Great fit.

Ross tape is eh. Some great tracks, but a lot of junk, shit features, beats that just run together because they sound the same. But a few tracks are definitely getting on the playlist.

Party Heart and Off the Boat are really really really bad. Stay Schemin would be better with that shit hook and Drake stepping out of place. You're an RnB singer, stop it drake.

SpeedingUptoStop

Stay Schemin' chorus sticks to the beat, Ross could've done his lyrics better, but I can't hate on the proper lethargic-ness French brings. And again, KoD man....who can even hear words on that beat, I just hear the voice of God.

Fuck Em's beat is ill. Not sure what my favorite songs are, but probably that, Yella Diamonds, Rich Forever, Last Breath, I Swear to God.

Why do so many people I know say Drake is the best rapper out? He's a better singer than rapper.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
French Montana is garbage as fuck, I'd rather listen to Wacka Flocka sing show tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom