• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
500-mastakilla_ad.jpg

Suck my dick Masta Killa.

njean777

damn just heard "Stay Schemin" damn Drake killed that shit. I have never hated drake and know most of his lyrics are corny, but damn he came about as hard as he can and tore that beat up.

Recon

Banned
It's a great verse, not even going back Drake standards. He killed the beat. Both him and Nas killed their features. "Now a days niggas reach just to sell they record"

We will just have to disagree on Drake, Nas killed his verse though, best verse on the tape. I never said Draks was bad though, just not great, he did alright.

damn just heard "Stay Schemin" damn Drake killed that shit. I have never hated drake and know most of his lyrics are corny, but damn he came about as hard as he can and tore that beat up.

Thats the hardest Drake can go, huh?
How the hell does French Montana get work?

DominoKid

It's a great verse, not even going back Drake standards. He killed the beat. Both him and Nas killed their features. "Now a days niggas reach just to sell they record"

man i had to rewind that shit like 5 times cause that shit had me too hype. i wasnt expecting Rozay to just give him the stage like that.

ball back in Common's court.

siddx

It's a damn good list...save for the bizarre number 1 and a handful of weird choices like big 10, WTT, and Take Care. Actually reads more like a shout out list of artists he works with or wants to work with. Still, a bunch of those albums deserve to be there.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So I listened to that Stay Schemin' song just to hear what people were talking about with the Drake stuff. People getting hype over that? Smh. And I can't imagine what could compel someone to get through an entire cd of rick ross rapping. His beats can only get him so far, because his rapping is awful.

Satyamdas

Banned
All this French Montana talk makes this tweet somewhat relevant. I don't know if it's actually him, but it wouldn't surprise me. Funny as fuck either way.

lZaaP.gif

siddx

So I listened to that Stay Schemin' song just to hear what people were talking about with the Drake stuff. People getting hype over that? Smh. And I can't imagine what could compel someone to get through an entire cd of rick ross rapping. His beats can only get him so far, because his rapping is awful.

Naw I'm with you. I guess the expectations with a Drake verse are so low that it's not hard to exceed them for some people.
And Ross albums work when they are short and sweet, Teflon Don was a perfect 11 tracks, ending just as you get tired of "uhhhh I'm rich n****, I drive a maybach//I'll kill ya whole family, bringing MIA back" repeated over and over. I like Ross, but he's got as much depth as a puddle of tears cried out by wiz when he catches Amber Rose fucking some other rapper.

Tokubetsu

Naw I'm with you. I guess the expectations with a Drake verse are so low that it's not hard to exceed them for some people.
And Ross albums work when they are short and sweet, Teflon Don was a perfect 11 tracks, ending just as you get tired of "uhhhh I'm rich n****, I drive a maybach//I'll kill ya whole family, bringing MIA back" repeated over and over. I like Ross, but he's got as much depth as a puddle of tears cried out by wiz when he catches Amber Rose fucking some other rapper.

Siddx, you were never gonna like a Drake verse ever so it's okay, we get it.

EDIT: 2nd Best Neptunes beat:
http://youtu.be/MX6rC1krGp0

Drake should get slapped for that. Like really slapped real, real hard. You just don't do stuff like that when your lane is pillow fight music.

siddx

Ya'll just dont know, Drake gonna use that Degrassi money to hire some thugs to come get you.

siddx

i hope coms roasts him like he did to cube, dude would never be able to come correct enough back

That would be wonderful, but I don't think common has it in him anymore. Badu replaced his testicles with cotton balls and then Kanye swallowed them in a failed attempt to take his power.

Esch

Banned
That would be wonderful, but I don't think common has it in him anymore. Badu replaced his testicles with cotton balls and then Kanye swallowed them in a failed attempt to take his power.

Ya but this time the mission objective is different namsayin... Taking shots at a dude like cube, a legend? One of the GOATs? Compared to some fruity herbal essences commercial fake whack ass cornball like Drake? Common can be at current Prodigy levels of hunger and rap ability and still burn this kid up.

Esch

Banned
Common only has words though. Drake's got plenty of real life shit. Album sales etc.

Ya but the only people paying attention to this shit are hip hop heads, who care about 2 things: quality of output and lyrical asswhuppings, which explain a lot of how the Nas vs. Jay-Z outcome was perceived.

Satyamdas

Banned
Ya but this time the mission objective is different namsayin... Taking shots at a dude like cube, a legend? One of the GOATs? Compared to some fruity herbal essences commercial fake whack ass cornball like Drake? Common can be at current Prodigy levels of hunger and rap ability and still burn this kid up.
The thing is, there's no upside for Common to really go at this baby wipe. Sure, a few of us will appreciate the roasting, but he'd basically be just throwing pearls to swine. And Common will of course be called a hater ad nauseam and since everyone is scared to be a hater or associated with one, no one will ride with him. Dude will be riding solo against too much brainlessness to have any effect. Honestly I've not been digging anything Common has done in a long time, but I'd fucking love to see some old school No Vaseline type ether from him. This subliminal shit is so fucking lame.

Esch

Banned
The thing is, there's no upside for Common to really go at this baby wipe. Sure, a few of us will appreciate the roasting, but he'd basically be just throwing pearls to swine. And Common will of course be called a hater ad nauseam and since everyone is scared to be a hater or associated with one, no one will ride with him. Dude will be riding solo against too much brainlessness to have any effect. Honestly I've not been digging anything Common has done in a long time, but I'd fucking love to see some old school No Vaseline type ether from him. This subliminal shit is so fucking lame.

Probably true, but I got a feeling some of the old guard doesn't like drake as much as the 'haters' claim not to... I wouldn't be surprised if a couple OG's from the NY renaissance wouldn't throw down on a track with coms even if he does work as an island....

Also i noticed someone is tag free, been on our best behavior have we :lol:

Satyamdas

Banned
Probably true, but I got a feeling some of the old guard doesn't like drake as much as the 'haters' claim not to... I wouldn't be surprised if a couple OG's from the NY renaissance wouldn't throw down on a track with coms even if he does work as an island....

Also i noticed someone is tag free, been on our best behavior have we :lol:
Oh I have no doubt the old guard is salty that this fruity little creampuff is running shit, but I just don't see anyone wasting their time to really go at him. I think they'd just rather ignore him and avoid being labeled "Madd Rapper: Old Edition". And since Drake knows better than to say anything specific and just take subliminal shots, he won't say anything worthy of being ether'd. I hope I'm wrong, I always love a good dis record.

And holy shit, just noticed the tag being gone. I feel a little less special now, I have to admit.

Esch

Banned
people overreacting about another average drake verse... SMH.

Ya the funny thing is that it is not close to an ether. Fuck it it's not even close to a blueprint 2. not even a clyde smith. It's an average verse, but we're so deprived of beef in this high carb low fat rap era that dudes are wilin out. I just want coms to body dude. That's all i want.

kamspy

I think Drake gave it to him. He had it coming to. No reason for him to make those comments. His album isn't even going to go wood, he's just salty.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ya the funny thing is that it is not close to an ether. Fuck it it's not even close to a blueprint 2. not even a clyde smith. It's an average verse, but we're so deprived of beef in this high carb low fat rap era that dudes are wilin out. I just want coms to body dude. That's all i want.

Love it. High carb, low fat. Perfect.

DominoKid

you gonna be waiting for a while cause its not happening.

Esch

Banned
Until i hear some shit like:

PRIME JIGGA said:
Can't y'all, see that he's fake, the rap version of TD jakes
Prophesizing on your CDs and tapes
Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith?
I put dollars on mine, ask Columbine
When the Twin Towers dropped, I was the first in line
Donating proceeds off every ticket sold
When I was out on the road, that's how you judge Hov, no?
Ain't I supposed to be absorbed myself?
Every time there's a tragedy, I'm the first one to help
They call me this misogynist, but they don't call me the dude
To take his dollars to give gifts at the projects
These dudes is all politics, depositing checks
they put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lot of lip
And y'all buy the shit, caught up in the hype
Cause the nigga wear a coofie, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the bullshit that he write
Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?
Is it "Black Girl Lost" or shorty owe you for ice?
I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
When the grass is cut, the snakes will show
I gotta thank the little homie Nas for that though
Saving me the hassle of speaking to half of these assholes
And I'ma let karma catch up to Jaz-O, whoa
I'm back before you had a chance to miss me
My mama can't save you this time, niggas is history
Who you know flow vicious as me?
Yet so religiously, that's why they call me Hov
I get the spoils cause the victor is me (me, nigga)
You're an actor, you're not who you're depicted to be
The street dreamin, all y'all niggas living through me
I gave you life when niggas was forgetting you emcee
I'm a legend, you should take a picture with me
You should be happy to be in my presence, I should charge you a fee
I'm Big Dog, Glenn Rob, listen God you a flea
And the little homey Jungle is a garden to me
What's the problem B? You not as hard as me
Nigga hard as we, nigga R O C, nigga
That's why they follow me, they feel my pain and my agony, nigga
I won't rest till you on one knee
You want war then it's war's gonna be, nigga
Until you on one knee, you want war then it's war's gonna be, nigga
Ain't nobody gave it to nobody.

As for ether being weak.... Well even as a jigga stan I know that shit is factually incorrect. It's the standard of diss tracks. The symphony no 9.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
As much as Common talked about fucking people up in the "City of Wind"(ALL of the time back in the day), that line from Drake hits hard as shit. I don't think anyone is silly enough to say it's the godliest thing ever, but knowing Com's history and some of the shit Ice Cube said about him back in the day, makes his verse doper than it should be. Even the stuff about the girl is fucked up. Not Super Ugly fucked up by any means, but icy anyways.

Ether had a grown ass man crying on radio. It did it's job flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom