• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Yeah, that Birdman gif is too ridiculous not to be the GOAT hip-hop related gif. :lol

I'll beleedat

MsP0C.gif

IrishNinja

beef talk is fun - you know? i heard no vaseline like everyone else, but never heard the original shot Cube took, where was that?

oh god, stay scheming has such an awful hook. ross writes lullabies with good beats.
what part of that was hard, though? we're at a point where you can just put a camera on these dudes while they do their taxes, show you what they make and put a beat over it, cause that's all that's being said.

catch a body like that while lookin thru your purses while in yo room while YO GURRRRRL

ahaha this should be his twitter tag

Probably true, but I got a feeling some of the old guard doesn't like drake as much as the 'haters' claim not to... I wouldn't be surprised if a couple OG's from the NY renaissance wouldn't throw down on a track with coms even if he does work as an island....

Also i noticed someone is tag free, been on our best behavior have we :lol:

Oh I have no doubt the old guard is salty that this fruity little creampuff is running shit, but I just don't see anyone wasting their time to really go at him. I think they'd just rather ignore him and avoid being labeled "Madd Rapper: Old Edition". And since Drake knows better than to say anything specific and just take subliminal shots, he won't say anything worthy of being ether'd. I hope I'm wrong, I always love a good dis record.

some truth here, i mean everyone assumes its the money (and no doubt that's a factor) but honestly, drake goes on about how he killed everybody in the game last year, big sean invented that awful style etc etc - you gotta see where older dudes would be salty, beyond just, you know, dude's on three radio stations right now as i write this.

I think Drake gave it to him. He had it coming to. No reason for him to make those comments. His album isn't even going to go wood, he's just salty.

kams, why you so crazy when

Ether was a really weak diss track. Still stand by that. All fluff. No substance. Just jibber jabber.

...oh.
okay then, what's a good diss record to you?

Ether's production is so bad. I'm sure not a lot of you would want to listen to the instrumental. But, Nas managed to make it so hype with that lethal Queensbridge lyrical venom.

^^thank you.

And despite a few corny lines in dollaz n sense, quik deserves credit for ending mc eiht's career with a single line in that song.

another classic i missed, link that shit please!

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
oh my god
that was the lyrical equivalent of what Sam Neil did to that one poor dude in Event Horizon

what was that off of? all i got here is Safe & Sound, i need more of that.

It was on Safe and Sound, also the Murder Was The Case OST.

Also I love that he performed that song at the 95 Source Awards. Not only do you diss the fuck out of your arch rival, but then you perform it at the biggest hip hop award show on earth (at the time)?

Satyamdas

Banned
Dollaz and Sense is an all-time great dis record, and it was in response to a fucking great dis record from Eiht: Def Wish III. Quik's song just had that extra bounce to it.

Eiht & Quik's beef had some great tracks, and came when they were both just killing it with their solo albums. We Come Strapped is a masterpiece, and Safe + Sound is like a cunt hair less solid overall.

IrishNinja

It was on Safe and Sound, also the Murder Was The Case OST.

jesus, i have both those albums, this is what i get for playing shit when doing other shit sometimes.

Also I love that he performed that song at the 95 Source Awards. Not only do you diss the fuck out of your arch rival, but then you perform it at the biggest hip hop award show on earth (at the time)?

haha, damn - didnt jigga do this too though? that's how i remember it.

siddx

Safe and Sound is a far better album.
Top 3 west coast albums of all time
1. Doggystyle
2. Death Certificate
3. Safe and Sound

If every other album in the world was destroyed and those were the only three left, I think I'd be ok.

Recon

Banned
Safe and Sound is a far better album.
Top 3 west coast albums of all time
1. Doggystyle
2. Death Certificate
3. Safe and Sound

If every other album in the world was destroyed and those were the only three left, I think I'd be ok.

I would honestly place Makaveli over Safe and Sound or Death Certificate. But those are three almost perfect albums.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
jesus, i have both those albums, this is what i get for playing shit when doing other shit sometimes.

haha, damn - didnt jigga do this too though? that's how i remember it.

He pretty much disrespected Prodigy at Summer Jam.

Edit:

"I don't care if you mobb deep, I hold triggers to crews
you little fuck, I got money stacks bigger than you"

"We don't believe you, you need more people"

Shit was gdlk disrespect.

siddx

I would honestly place Makaveli over Safe and Sound or Death Certificate. But those are three almost perfect albums.

Makaveli is a weird one for me, sometimes I can sit and listen to it over and over on repeat, other times I can't sit through a single song without getting bored. I think bomb first, toss it up, and live in die in LA throw me, they sound like they belong on a different album even though they are all good songs.

Satyamdas

Banned
Nah. The production alone on We Come Strapped puts it ahead of Safe + Sound. DJ Slip was at the top of his game and producing shit that was out of this world for gangsta rap, and Willie Z fucking killed the keyboards. Nothing has come close to it since then. MC Eiht was never a great rapper even taking in to consideration how limited most gangsta rappers are, but he excelled on WCS and matched that god tier production. If We Come Strapped is a 5 mic album (and it is), then Safe + Sound is a 4.8 mic album. Both classics, but S+S just has a few lower points.

Compton Bomb (one of the best weed songs ever made)
Nuthin But the Gangsta (Feat. Spice-1 & Redman)
Hard Times
All for the Money

This shit is criminally slept on, even by west coast heads. This album was way ahead of its time.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
it's those quiet hours, man. when i get to be alone and reflect on stuff. like should jay and drake be ever mentioned in the same sentence. and of course the answer is "no". thanks for looking out for me though.

You mean people should never say Drake has been trying to sign with with Jay-Z since Feb 2011?

You are special

You mean people should never say Drake has been trying to sign with with Jay-Z since Feb 2011?

You are special

If that's true... what exactly is stopping Jay from signing him? He has more star power than 99.999% of rappers right now. Or is it because he's bound to his contract with Young Money?

coldvein

Banned

You are special

people can say what they want. i'm okay with it. just my opinion, the dudes don't belong in the same sentence together. even if they were gay lovers. jay is a legend (whose time is over). drake is a phenom who moves fucking records. i can't stand him or his music. i honestly don't pay that much attention to how much any given rapper has sold. has drake gone plat? i have no idea. if he did, good for him, but he won't last.

edit: and what's more important than his ability to persevere and last is his ability to put out a real quality disc. and he hasn't done that. i.m.o.

Blackace

If that's true... what exactly is stopping Jay from signing him? He has more star power than 99.999% of rappers right now. Or is it because he's bound to his contract with Young Money?

That's how contracts work.. He has been trying to buy him out of it..

Blackace

people can say what they want. i'm okay with it. just my opinion, the dudes don't belong in the same sentence together. even if they were gay lovers. jay is a legend (whose time is over). drake is a phenom who moves fucking records. i can't stand him or his music. i honestly don't pay that much attention to how much any given rapper has sold. has drake gone plat? i have no idea. if he did, good for him, but he won't last.

edit: and what's more important than his ability to persevere and last is his ability to put out a real quality disc. and he hasn't done that. i.m.o.

Talk about missing the entire point...

That photochop had cash money with Drake and Jay with his label mates.. Since the word is Jay is doing everything he can to get Drake so I made the comment..

Edit: and he did go plat in the years of torrents and iTunes... Which is soooooo much better than pretty much everyone sales wise

coldvein

Banned
Talk about missing the entire point...

That photochop had cash money with Drake and Jay with his label mates.. Since the word is Jay is doing everything he can to get Drake so I made the comment..

Edit: and he did go plat in the years of torrents and iTunes... Which is soooooo much better than pretty much everyone sales wise

good for drake. i think his music is garbage. but that's just my opinion.

OG Kush

Getting back into a 2pac phase after reading a blog post... http://sunsetintherearview.com/throwback-thursday-tupac-shakur/
After cruising the Beijing subways to the loss of my 2Pac virginity, I came back to my apartment to my hip-hop connoisseur friend telling him that I wasn’t so overwhelmingly impressed. And that didn’t change until months later when I sat down to get to know him, to really listen to him. To understand the realness of who he was and what he was saying. I listened to him speak in interviews, read things he wrote, and really listened to what he was saying (Use those lyric websites!). He’s transformed the way I listen to hip-hop. And more importantly, even though we come from staggeringly difference backgrounds, he’s given me more wisdom and inspiration than arguably any musical artist out there. When it comes to people citing him as the one of the greatest rappers ever, it’s not because he’s got the greatest flow or the best lyrical and technical precision out there. He doesn’t, not at all. His music is so powerful and he shines so much as an artist because of his reflection and his emotion and his honesty. The potency of what he’s saying and how he says it. When you hear him speak in interviews, his intelligence and his realness is totally consuming. It makes me want to be true and in everything I do….It’s hard to explain, but does anyone feel me?
fucking love 2pac

coldvein

Banned
No is disagreeing that he is a whiny hack.. But geez...

jay was hungry, put out a couple classics.

drake is a chump, had some shit put together for him and sold a ton.

the numbers aren't really an issue to me. apologize if i came off as caring about that shit. jay is a legend, drake will be gone in six months. we all know this to be true. (and we don't even care).

OG Kush

I don't know about 6 months but I think in 5 years probably... we'll all be looking back and laughing at this whole drake thing.

Blackace

I don't know about 6 months but I think in 5 years probably... we'll all be looking back and laughing at this whole drake thing.

Based on what? Dude followed the formula people were hyping so much.. Made mixtapes, got a following, was on a big label... First album went plat... I think he is weak, but that doesn't mean he will go away..

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Based on what? Dude followed the formula people were hyping so much.. Made mixtapes, got a following, was on a big label... First album went plat... I think he is weak, but that doesn't mean he will go away..

Modern day LL or MC Hammer? Only time will tell.

everybody watch out, drakes a shooter now, his from that life

tumblr_lxf04tQh9V1qjcrtpo1_500.gif

A reup.

DJVlad said:
Drake is corny. Drake, why are you thuggin now? Why are you dressed all in black, why you got on black gloves, why you got a whole bunch of dudes around you dressed in black, the most non-threatening goons I've ever seen in my life. They look like a flash mob that's about to run up in H&M and take everything. None of them look like a threat.
True talk. This man is from the wealthiest 'burb in the GTA, (Prince had a home in that neigbourhood), and he's talking about catchin' a body?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1avdthbzt-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom