• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Safe and Sound is a far better album.
Top 3 west coast albums of all time
1. Doggystyle
2. Death Certificate
3. Safe and Sound

If every other album in the world was destroyed and those were the only three left, I think I'd be ok.

Pretty much this.. But to be honest I think both Doggystlye and Safe and Sound aged better than DC....

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Only if you consider dancing for Arsenio Hall "mamming." Kids wanted to be Hammer. Wasn't no shame in being a dancing rapper back then. Shit has changed.

Plus, Drake bought his way in with his acting money.

Kids want to be Drake.. Go figure..

Satyamdas

Banned
DJVlad said:
Drake is corny. Drake, why are you thuggin now? Why are you dressed all in black, why you got on black gloves, why you got a whole bunch of dudes around you dressed in black, the most non-threatening goons I've ever seen in my life. They look like a flash mob that's about to run up in H&M and take everything. None of them look like a threat.
True talk. This man is from the wealthiest 'burb in the GTA, (Prince had a home in that neigbourhood), and he's talking about catchin' a body?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1avdthbzt-Q
LOL, even Charlamegne, who is supposedly "going in" on Drake, prefaces his shit by saying he thinks he is a dope rapper. Dudes are that afraid of being called a hater and getting blackballed by the powers that be. "Drake is mad corny, fake, fraudulent, but don't get me wrong he is a great rapper and one of the best out". It's like damn son, if you are going to go in on the kid then at least keep it all the way real and don't try to soften the blow with that bullshit. That just makes you look like even more of a hater than if you just said the sissy is wack period.

killakiz

LOL, even Charlamegne, who is supposedly "going in" on Drake, prefaces his shit by saying he thinks he is a dope rapper. Dudes are that afraid of being called a hater and getting blackballed by the powers that be. "Drake is mad corny, fake, fraudulent, but don't get me wrong he is a great rapper and one of the best out". It's like damn son, if you are going to go in on the kid then at least keep it all the way real and don't try to soften the blow with that bullshit. That just makes you look like even more of a hater than if you just said the sissy is wack period.

He was just being honest.. Never the flow though..

Satyamdas

Banned
He was just being honest.. Never the flow though..
I don't think he was being honest, that's the point. I've listened to Charlamegne for years and based on his tastes I really, really doubt he thinks Drake is a dope rapper. Just like in that Common interview were Sway said the same thing. Unless these dudes had lobotomies recently, they are just bullshitting when they say that wack shit is dope.

Just look at this shit.

You wanna sing songs to Shania Twain, do it, but dont act like you're hard body elsewhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbGMwHlT-N8
Why cant Drake just be the slick entertainer and lady's man we know he is. we know he aint thug and he knows that we know, so why does he do it?
Because there are no checks and balances, because the mindless drones will eat up anything, and because no one cares about how "real" anyone is (which they shouldn't anyway, it's all entertainment). I just think the dude sucks even for soft serve rap.

coldvein

Banned
Based on what? Dude followed the formula people were hyping so much.. Made mixtapes, got a following, was on a big label... First album went plat... I think he is weak, but that doesn't mean he will go away..

i don't see drake being relevant in the next couple years. he'll put out another album it'll be weak as fuck. it might sell, i dunno, that's not the point.. he's not really doing anything.

and here comes anecdotal evidence to support my claim: everybody, anybody, anywhere/time..nobody really gives a shit about drake. when i talk to kids at rap shows, nobody gives a shit about drake. when i catch up with my boys from back home and ask em what records they were on in 2011, nobody gives a shit about drake.

funny counterpoint, my pal beak of doomtree seems to think that take care is the album of the year. fucking asshole.

Esch

Banned
Drake will continue to be successful. His bitchassedness has equal relevance not only to the teenage girl demographic but the male population that's still salty from being jilted once in the past

basically everyone

coldvein

Banned
Drake will continue to be successful. His bitchassedness has equal relevance not only to the teenage girl demographic but the male population that's still salty from being jilted once in the past

basically everyone

that's where my anecdotal evidence of drake's irrelevance breaks down. i don't spend much time talking to teenage girls. (sadly).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

basically everyone
But this is hip hop. We're not allowed to show emotions.

Throavium

tumblr_lx9pxrqucZ1qf8um8o1_400.jpg

solarus

Can anyone in hip-hop Gaf recommend me songs/albums which sound like/have similar production to (don't know what to say) stars shine brightest by cunninglinguists, I love the sound of that track.

coldvein

Banned
i cant decide if it's tragic or hilarious how much hiphop sucks right now. we got people going crazy over "maybach music"? what the fuck is that?

coldvein

Banned
an issue is that i hold hiphop to a higher standard than any average bullshit radio music. rap is the music of the people, be they in NY, LA, madison wisconsin, missoula montana, minot north dakota. regardless of where you're from or where you're at, rap is sending a message. and kids eat it. you want the next generation to think that "maybach music" is cool? or worthy? or intelligent in any way?

(feel free to ignore this post, i'm on another rant).

coldvein

Banned
"i don't know how y'all sit..but when it comes to the children..wu tang is for the children. we teach the children, know what i mean? puffy is good. but wu tang is THE BEST.".

rza

Recon

Banned
Jesus, weekend gaf-hop is an odd place. Goes from Beef talk > Drake will be irrelevant> Rich Forever top5...... Really, Rich Forever a top5 tape? Shit has a couple bangers, but way too much French and other features.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jesus, weekend gaf-hop is an odd place. Goes from Beef talk > Drake will be irrelevant> Rich Forever top5...... Really, Rich Forever a top5 tape? Shit has a couple bangers, but way too much French and other features.

Weekday GAF-Hop is weirder, GAF-Hop forgoes talking about hip hop entirely.

We're talking about who's real and fake in the rap game? What is this high school again. We talkin about another man's attire? What part of the straight game is that b

Drake is barely faker than Ice Cube who grew up in the suburbs, or Lil Wayne who was getting molested by rich dudes before puberty. Or Ross who was a CO, even though COs are often gangsta as fuck. I don't want to hear about no hip hop gangstas in 2012. All these cats worked at Foot Locker to cop an iMac nahmean. There are no Biggies or Raekwons running around today unless we count Maino. All these dudes is soft. Drake is just the only one willing to come out the closet

coldvein

Banned
We're talking about who's real and fake in the rap game? What is this high school again. We talkin about another man's attire? What part of the straight game is that b

Drake is barely faker than Ice Cube who grew up in the suburbs, or Lil Wayne who was getting molested by rich dudes before puberty. Or Ross who was a CO, even though COs are often gangsta as fuck. I don't want to hear about no hip hop gangstas in 2012. All these cats worked at Foot Locker to cop an iMac nahmean. There are no Biggies or Raekwons running around today unless we count Maino. All these dudes is soft. Drake is just the only one willing to come out the closet

i agree with this post.

HiResDes

ok, just wanted to confirm my beliefs about your inferiority complex about your own OPINION in hip hop that you would feel to the need to say you were "disgusted" about someone else's opinion

carry on

There are opinions, which greatly different from mine that I respect, and those that I do not. If a guy looked at me and told me that he thought Jack & Jill was one of the top five best movies of 2011, I'd probably either think he was joking or completely cease having a discussion with that person. Sure it's not politically correct, but it's my opinion that his opinion is quite irrational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom