• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldvein

Banned
i'm just gonna try to push this thread to the next page so i don't have to see a drake gif every time i click on it.

(thank god).

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
We're talking about who's real and fake in the rap game? What is this high school again. We talkin about another man's attire? What part of the straight game is that b

Drake is barely faker than Ice Cube who grew up in the suburbs, or Lil Wayne who was getting molested by rich dudes before puberty. Or Ross who was a CO, even though COs are often gangsta as fuck. I don't want to hear about no hip hop gangstas in 2012. All these cats worked at Foot Locker to cop an iMac nahmean. There are no Biggies or Raekwons running around today unless we count Maino. All these dudes is soft. Drake is just the only one willing to come out the closet

Cube's brother was a heavy crip before he got killed, Wayne's father was heavy in the NO... And Ross was a CO.. All have pedigree...

Drake lived in a gated house in Toronto.... So yeah..

There are quite a few block ninjas still in the game.. Dont get it twisted..

Cube's brother was a heavy crip before he got killed, Wayne's father was heavy in the NO... And Ross was a CO.. All have pedigree...

Drake lived in a gated house in Toronto.... So yeah..

There are quite a few block ninjas still in the game.. Dont get it twisted..

Cube is just like Game, pretending like he busted guns like his big brother. Wayne was a good kid in school who got a chance because his dad was heavy. Ross was a CO. Those pedigrees aren't that different from having your rich family members buy you a spot in the game. It's all about having doors opened for you

Recon

Banned
Wait, so Ross being a CO is now a positive for his Rep? Say what you want about what they do inside, but prisoners still despise them and call them Police, and for a reason.

Blackace

Wait, so Ross being a CO is now a positive for his Rep? Say what you want about what they do inside, but prisoners still despise them and call them Police, and for a reason.

No no no but it's still at least around the subject matter..

Blackace

Cube is just like Game, pretending like he busted guns like his big brother. Wayne was a good kid in school who got a chance because his dad was heavy. Ross was a CO. Those pedigrees aren't that different from having your rich family members buy you a spot in the game. It's all about having doors opened for you

Actually Cube has a g file.. But he refused to color up... He also got the plug with Eazy through that gang connect.

Nothing wrong with being rich and rapping.. But if you have NO hood in you at all.. Keep it funky.. Drake did for a while and then that YM swag juice got on him...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm kinda curious to see where Drake grew up now. I thought it was middle class but y'all making it sound like it's straight upper class.

Blackace

I'm kinda curious to see where Drake grew up now. I thought it was middle class but y'all making it sound like it's straight upper class.

From wiki

Aubrey Drake Graham was born on October 24, 1986, in Toronto, Ontario. He is the son of Dennis Graham, a drummer who worked with Jerry Lee Lewis, and Sandi Graham, an educator. Two of his uncles, Larry Graham and Teenie Hodges, are also musicians.[6][7][8] Drake's father is an African American from Memphis, Tennessee, and Drake's mother is a white Jewish Canadian. He attended a Jewish day school and had a Bar Mitzvah.[9][10][11] His parents divorced when he was five years old, and he was raised by his mother in Toronto's wealthy Forest Hill neighborhood.[12][13] Drake attended high school at Forest Hill Collegiate Institute, where he began acting,[14] but did not graduate.[15] He spent most summers with his father in Memphis.[16] Drake stated that his parents' divorce greatly affected him as a person, saying, “I had to become a man very quickly and be the backbone for a woman who I love with all my heart, my mother."[17]

Blackace

No, admittedly pulled a slight strawman, but it definitely seems that is where the discussion is going

If you good you good... I like my rappers to have some knowledge of what they talking about tho.. See Game for details

HiResDes

If you good you good... I like my rappers to have some knowledge of what they talking about tho.. See Game for details

Oh okay, now I understand why you mentioned the Ross CO thing as a sort of positive base for knowledge. You definitely hear and intermingle with a lot of street ninjas at that position, and even sometimes get involved with the underhanded dealings of prison firsthand.

Blackace

Oh okay, now I understand why you mentioned the Ross CO thing as a sort of positive base for knowledge. You definitely hear and intermingle with a lot of street ninjas at that position, and even sometimes get involved with the underhanded dealings of prison firsthand.

Exactly!

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
See now, I grew up fortunate, not rich by any means, but I never wanted for anything. I was pretty much middle class my whole life, but we lived a lifestyle closer to upper middle because I lived overseas where our money went much farther than it would in the US. Yeah I lived in some fucked up places, like El Salvador during the civil war where people where getting blown away every night and I had to learn to fall asleep with gunfire in the street, but I'm no hardened thug. And I would never pretend to be.
But if it came down to it, I wouldn't hesitate to handle my shit. I'm not running around with a bunch of thugs in black, I'll never run up on anyone. But as a man, I will put you in the fucking ground to protect myself or my loved ones. We need more rappers with that kind of mindset. The "I'm no thug or gangsta, I prefer everything to be peaceful, but don't think for one minute I am soft" mindset.

kamspy

Street rep in relation to quality...did I wake up in 1995?

It can add an atmospheric touch when the details are right. As someone who came from that shit, listening to Jeezy tell it and other "studio hustlers" tell it, there's huge difference. The details just aren't right.

Remember Young Buck's "10 a key" saying? LOL. I love Buck but that shit told me he was just a hood thug, no real baller status. I don't think shit has EVER been 10 a key. Especially all the way up in Tennessee. Rozay doesn't have a clue, but he's got the Michael Bay action movie thing working for him.

Esch

Banned
See now, I grew up fortunate, not rich by any means, but I never wanted for anything. I was pretty much middle class my whole life, but we lived a lifestyle closer to upper middle because I lived overseas where our money went much farther than it would in the US. Yeah I lived in some fucked up places, like El Salvador during the civil war where people where getting blown away every night and I had to learn to fall asleep with gunfire in the street, but I'm no hardened thug. And I would never pretend to be.
But if it came down to it, I wouldn't hesitate to handle my shit. I'm not running around with a bunch of thugs in black, I'll never run up on anyone. But as a man, I will put you in the fucking ground to protect myself or my loved ones. We need more rappers with that kind of mindset. The "I'm no thug or gangsta, I prefer everything to be peaceful, but don't think for one minute I am soft" mindset.

Word.

Blackace

Jeezy lol. Didn't Gucci's camp snuff one of his boys and he didn't do shit

Gucci killed two hounds and put one in a coma...

But that was on some first fool who brings me his chain gets paid stuff..

Blackace

Yup.. But even then this mindset is more hood than the avg person

HiResDes

Gucci basically has a stranglehold on the young black community in Atlanta and all of it's satellite areas. It's very real, to the point where I feel bad bumping Stevie Wonder on the way to the skatepark. Okay, I'm being partially facetious.

kamspy

Gucci basically has a stranglehold on the young black community in Atlanta and all of it's satellite areas. It's very real, to the point where I feel bad bumping Stevie Wonder on the way to the skatepark. Okay, I'm being partially facetious.

in East Atlanta. Jeezy has the west ATL.

Here's a flow a dropped this morning over some 2P4P shit. I don't really hit my stride until about 30 seconds in but I'm kinda happy with it.

http://hulkshare.com/l562rc1sxyhu

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yup.. But even then this mindset is more hood than the avg person

Sadly true these days. My fathers generation of men were a whole different breed than my generation of sissy ass punks who would rather bend over and take it than stand up and fight for themselves.

Throavium

GAF-Hop, test your album cover detection skills.
tumblr_lvdihxhpDs1qhwk4bo1_400.gif

tumblr_lx1l6dBbr71qhwk4bo1_400.png

tumblr_lvi89tVVas1qhwk4bo1_400.gif

tumblr_lwdoz9REXY1qhwk4bo1_400.gif

tumblr_lwwlkd5urz1qhwk4bo1_400.png

tumblr_lx5ht9nEIt1qhwk4bo1_400.png

tumblr_lx962pVSYQ1qhwk4bo1_400.png

tumblr_lx9a7asgpB1qhwk4bo1_400.png

tumblr_lx5bfcX6Iw1qhwk4bo1_400.png

tumblr_lx1mqwtDWf1qhwk4bo1_400.png

tumblr_lx0cgpik3a1qhwk4bo1_400.png

OG Kush

We're talking about who's real and fake in the rap game? What is this high school again. We talkin about another man's attire? What part of the straight game is that b

Drake is barely faker than Ice Cube who grew up in the suburbs, or Lil Wayne who was getting molested by rich dudes before puberty. Or Ross who was a CO, even though COs are often gangsta as fuck. I don't want to hear about no hip hop gangstas in 2012. All these cats worked at Foot Locker to cop an iMac nahmean. There are no Biggies or Raekwons running around today unless we count Maino. All these dudes is soft. Drake is just the only one willing to come out the closet

You forgetting that Biggie was fake as well. Watch the documentary “Tupac and Biggie” they visit Biggies mom and HIS OWN MOTHER says he made up majority of the shit he said in his raps. He went to a private school and never struggled once when growuping. She said there was always food on the table and even that line where goes “sega genesis man I couldn’t picture this” was BS. She said he had all the video games when growing up, people use to come round and check his games out.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery." - Malcolm X

You forgetting that Biggie was fake as well. Watch the documentary “Tupac and Biggie” they visit Biggies mom and HIS OWN MOTHER says he made up majority of the shit he said in his raps. He went to a private school and never struggled once when growuping. She said there was always food on the table and even that line where goes “sega genesis man I couldn’t picture this” was BS. She said he had all the video games when growing up, people use to come round and check his games out.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM...

A mother protecting her son's legacy. Nah, Biggie busted his guns b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom