• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldvein

Banned
macuser1of5 said:
Oh I know, I'm just saying it has become this terrible metajoke scourge in our circle and yeah, we probably look like complete and utter twats to anyone around us.

really not trying to start any sort of argument, just curious, what does "our circle" mean to you?

i was just watching dead prez vids on youtube and "M1 vs. Neil Cavuto" came up. LOL.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Both swag and cray will get you punched in the fucking eye around me.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
ChldRebelSoldr said:
Every duo that I posted beats Kanye & Jay-Z's effort. Maybe WTT hasn't clicked with me yet, but I found it to be average. I'll give it a few more spins when I have time for it.

I still have a fuck ton of tapes to listen to. Did anyone else go through the tapes posted on 2dope's Mixtape Monday post?

Have them downloaded on top of the ones posted here and ready to go home and give them a listen.
no amount of spins will turn that album into above avg.

coldvein said:
really not trying to start any sort of argument, just curious, what does "our circle" mean to you?
My close friends in the area? I'm not trying to lay claim to any kind of resurgence or anything, not sure why this is difficult to get :p

CRS

Man, people are not giving Common enough credit here. I'm trying to stay clean from the album but you guys are making it hard.

overcast

macuser1of5 said:
My close friends in the area? I'm not trying to lay claim to any kind of resurgence or anything, not sure why this is difficult to get :p
Yeah, that's what circle means to me as well.

Siddx said:
Both swag and cray will get you punched in the fucking eye around me.
Uh oh.

SoilBreak

Banned
Oldschoolgamer said:
Common - Sweet

"Come around my crib. You know where I'm from. Yall some hoe ass n****s. Singing all around here man. La la la. You ain't no mother fucking Frank Sinatra. Lil Bitch."--Common

*dies*

edit: This trash talk is fucking GODLIKE.

Good shit here

coldvein

Banned
language is a funny and fluid thing. as fans of hiphop we all know that. i'm not gonna hate anyone who says "swag" in conversation, i might laugh, but that doesn't mean i think they're bad people or need to get punched. just "swag" as i understand it defines something that i think is pretty lame.

coldvein said:
language is a funny and fluid thing. as fans of hiphop we all know that. i'm not gonna hate anyone who says "swag" in conversation, i might laugh, but that doesn't i think they're bad people or need to get punched. just "swag" as i understand it defines something that i think is pretty lame.

I mean, that's cool in a "I'll just laugh it off and continue to let him make an ass out of himself" way, but friends don't let friends say swag. Or "cray". Or "castle music." Punch them in hopes that they'll learn from their mistakes.

coldvein

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
I mean, that's cool in a "I'll just laugh it off and continue to let him make an ass out of himself" way, but friends don't let friends say swag. Or "cray". Or "castle music." Punch them in hopes that they'll learn from their mistakes.

i've seen too many punches thrown amongst friends (or anybody) that end up really shitty to be free with my fists.

i can only speak this for myself, but that is kind of the fun; the absurdity of it. and it's only one syllable. you can cough it out. SWAG.

now cray, that is just too much. there are limits to these things. thankfully "hashtag" isn't easy to just drop in a verbal conversation flippantly.

siddx

coldvein said:
language is a funny and fluid thing. as fans of hiphop we all know that. i'm not gonna hate anyone who says "swag" in conversation, i might laugh, but that doesn't i think they're bad people or need to get punched. just "swag" as i understand it defines something that i think is pretty lame.

Friends get punched, strangers get set on fire. It's like people who quote the bible constantly, we can't tolerate that bullshit, it harms humanity as a whole.
I'm not being truthful of course...
I don't actually have any friends, I do my dirt all my my lonely

overcast

macuser1of5 said:
i can only speak this for myself, but that is kind of the fun; the absurdity of it. and it's only one syllable. you can cough it out. SWAG.

now cray, that is just too much. there are limits to these things. thankfully "hashtag" isn't easy to just drop in a verbal conversation flippantly.
I agree 100% it's hilarious. My group occassionally drops the word "hashtag". Lol.

Love this song: Substantial- Ain't No Happy Endings

Satyamdas

Banned
coldvein said:
the word "swag" is still in it's infancy. give it some time. soon it will be the next "hipster", aka the most overused meaningless word in the english language.
The fuck? Where have you been, dude? "Swag" has been beaten to death for about 5 years already. Shit is so played out people using it ironically still sound lame as fuck. It's to the point now where as soon as I hear that word my eyes glaze over and my ears just muffle and ignore anything else being said. I can't help myself. If I hear someone say swag they are just insta-losers to me.

coldvein said:
i've seen too many punches thrown amongst friends (or anybody) that end up really shitty to be free with my fists.

If I punch someone cause they used "swag" in conversation- and not like in a funny or ironic way either (and it's still not cool)- but if they're using the word "swag" with a plain face, and I punch them, and that person retaliates without realizing the error of their ways.....I don't even need that person as a friend, mang.

It's real in these streets. I ain't got time to listen to people say "swag" or "cray."

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
CRAY is some indefensible shit. Swag doesn't bother me, because apparently ESPN commentators have apparently desensitized me to its use.
Oldschoolgamer said:
Common - Sweet

"Come around my crib. You know where I'm from. Yall some hoe ass n****s. Singing all around here man. La la la. You ain't no mother fucking Frank Sinatra. Lil Bitch."--Common

*dies*

Okay. This shit is what made Common my favorite rapper (used to be). I hope he has more spits like this on the album.

I'm sure every other cut will be like Blue Sky though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
onemic said:
You said he was popular because he was the best among other things. I said it was because the mainstream who relate more to his projects outside of music comprise the bulk of that popularity, hence the bolded part. Sorry for trying to make the structure of my post easier for you to read.

And mainstream makes him automatically low on the skill scale.. makes perfect sense..

overcast

K.Jack said:
Okay. This shit is what made Common my favorite rapper (used to be). I hope he has more spits like this on the album.

You didn't like Blue Sky??

overcast said:
My group occassionally drops the word "hashtag". Lol.
haha i don't even know how that would work. swag is serious business it seems.

On the topic of actual music, I was listening to Global Communications' Fabric mix, which opens with a lot of hiphop and r&b, and this particular track caught my ear:

Maspyke - Lightly Anxious
http://youtu.be/6_LQDYpmUj4

Anyone heard of these dudes? It appears to be kind of old.

CRS

I will say this about the new terminology being used, fuck "castle music". I know it's people having fun but seriously fuck that term and everyone that uses it. Especially when comparing it to other (much better) music.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
K.Jack said:
CRAY is some indefensible shit. Swag doesn't bother me, because apparently ESPN commentators have apparently desensitized me to its use.

Fuck you. Blue sky was awesome.

*starts playing blue sky*

overcast

Oldschoolgamer said:
Common - Sweet

*dies*

Don't want this to be lost in that last page. Quoting for greatness.

coldvein

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
If I punch someone cause they used "swag" in conversation- and not like in a funny or ironic way either (and it's still not cool)- but if they're using the word "swag" with a plain face, and I punch them, and that person retaliates without realizing the error of their ways.....I don't even need that person as a friend, mang.

It's real in these streets. I ain't got time to listen to people say "swag" or "cray."

i know this post is made at least halfway in jest, but.. "in these streets" if you punch somebody in the face for whatever reason, and his friend pulls out a knife and puts it in your kidney, you might reconsider the offense you take at any word he might have said.

coldvein said:
i know this post is made at least halfway in jest, but.. "in these streets" if you punch somebody in the face for whatever reason, and his friend pulls out a knife and puts it in your kidney, you might reconsider the offense you take at any word he might have said.

At least I'd be in the hospital knowing I wasn't a lame like the dude that said "swag." Got stabbed with my pride intact.

And yeah I'm joking, but I'd still roast the hell out of anyone who uses swag as part of their normal vocabulary

siddx

adversesolutions said:
Finally got around to listening to these two Lloyd Banks tracks:

http://hulkshare.com/p96mkfma81v0

Make it stack

http://hulkshare.com/zs2r834psudm

We fuckin

Bad-ass fucking tracks here. Beats are amazing.

Cold Corner just shot to most anticipated tape of the year for me.

I've never been a huge Banks fan but occasionally he comes with something great. Make it Stack is great but has a awful hook. We Fuckin' was boring at first but its grown on me a lot.

overcast

tumblr_ls6yqirO6N1qh9ee3o1_500.jpg

Anyone else cringe when they see this?

siddx said:
I've never been a huge Banks fan but occasionally he comes with something great. Make it Stack is great but has a awful hook. We Fuckin' was boring at first but its grown on me a lot.

I think they're both bangin'.

Banks had that banger with Araab Muzik awhile back too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38y0HKFK3KY

Love me in the hood. Dude really figured out his beat situation. Nice to see him making moves outside of the G-unit universe.

Complex Shadow said:
Don't know about that, but I'll def be looking out for this. Any idea when it's gonna drop?

All I see right now is "coming soon" on his facebook and nahright. Would be nice to get a more definite date.

overcast

Cause the Wu has fallen off for the most part, and there are other rappers who keep rap alive. It's a cute image sure, but kind of dumb.

siddx

Wu Tang is far from forever, Wu had a use by 1996 date. Everything since then has the potential to surprisingly still be ok to digest on rare occasions, but usually leaves you with severe diarrhea spewing from your brown eye like a motherfucking las vegas water fountain.

overcast

Your vivid imagery never ceases to amaze me Siddx.

BTW. Asap tape is solid, guy doesn't seem special. Some really nice production, and it's fun to listen to.

Throavium

siddx said:
Wu Tang is far from forever, Wu had a use by 1996 date. Everything since then has the potential to surprisingly still be ok to digest on rare occasions, but usually leaves you with severe diarrhea spewing from your brown eye like a motherfucking las vegas water fountain.
King

siddx said:
lol as much as I like 8 Diagrams this is sadly true.

yeah ASAP Rocky's tape I've found isn't so much to focus on, but makes for a good chillout soundtrack. Too bad I can't get the appropriate 'listen accessory' here.

coldvein

Banned
http://youtu.be/3faiBmSdfL0

in the age of "occupy", i think this song is more significant than ever. not that it's free from some irony, but still.. i'd rather jam this any day than j. cole's new tape or whatever. feel free to kill me.

is this where "backpack" meets "swag" ? i don't know.. want input.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
coldvein said:
http://youtu.be/3faiBmSdfL0

in the age of "occupy", i think this song is more significant than ever. not that it's free from some irony, but still.. i'd rather jam this any day than j. cole's new tape or whatever. feel free to kill me.

is this where "backpack" meets "swag" ? i don't know.. want input.
That was...awful...just..I don't know

siddx

Before I head to bed I'll leave this question for hip hop gaf, what do you all have for ringtones? I had various atmosphere songs (what a shock) for a long time as well as (embarrassingly) my own songs. Now I just keep it simple with Tribe's "buggin out". I may need to change it though as I find myself letting it play just to rap along to it and end up missing the call lol

siddx said:
Before I head to bed I'll leave this question for hip hop gaf, what do you all have for ringtones? I had various atmosphere songs (what a shock) for a long time as well as (embarrassingly) my own songs. Now I just keep it simple with Tribe's "buggin out". I may need to change it though as I find myself letting it play just to rap along to it and end up missing the call lol
I don't know if I qualify as a member of hip hop gaf but since i'm awake... For the last few months I have been rotating though these:

Oval - Ringtones EP. Currently on Candyplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom