• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I like Nas, and I think he made one of the top 2 GOAT hip hop albums; but, I'm not really a stan, so I'd love to see this if only for the internet meltdown.

me too...

the elitist who were too good to listen to that ignorant music trying to spin and the pure rage and meltdowns of the others..

OG Kush

I like Nas, and I think he made one of the top 2 GOAT hip

What are these? I got illmatic and it was written. and I know illmatic is one of these. Anyone know of any nas mixes or something because I can't be arsed to sit through all his shit just to get to get to his legendary stuff. Thats why I don't want to buy all his other albums because from what I've heard half of it is crap and half is amazing, but then again I feel like I'm missing out on so much nas. I need a best of nas mix or something!

also gotta love how biggie is always in the top 10 itunes.

Recon

Banned
What are these? I got illmatic and it was written. and I know illmatic is one of these. Anyone know of any nas mixes or something because I can't be arsed to sit through all his shit just to get to get to his legendary stuff. Thats why I don't want to buy all his other albums because from what I've heard half of it is crap and half is amazing, but then again I feel like I'm missing out on so much nas. I need a best of nas mix or something!

Illmatic/Stillmatic/The Lost Tapes/It was Written are all great. I like a handful of tracks from I Am...

PRyFD.jpg

Drake will be back at #1 in a couple days

Esch

Banned
God I hope Nas signs with YM... and he him and Weezy make and album called Took The Throne

naw, i dont need a rapper on the comeback and another one staler than tutankhamen's nuts trying to say they're the cream of the crop.

It's only a matter of time before Wu-Tang merge with YMCMB.
Think about it.
Wu-Money.
I got hype from even typing that shit out!

Trolling is against the ToS!

PBY

Banned

Oh I just meant that illamtic is tied w/ 36 chambers for the goat hip hop album in my opinion. Id say get the lost tapes and call it a day

filler

Banned
Didn't expect to see Cowboy Loc on Black Market Records, hope he delivers with this one.

CBO-292x300.jpg

Veteran West Coast rapper C-BO is back with a new album called “Cali Connection”, featuring production by Mike Mosley and guest appearances from The Outlaws and Young Buck. The album is on Black Market Records, distributed nationally by Select-O-Hits Music Distribution, and will be available in stores everywhere on February

New C-BO Album In Stores February 21, 2012

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

It Was Written is a must listen.

I'm not even about to refuel the argument on where it ranks, so just check it out.

IrishNinja

Nasir just shot himself in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about rap culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in Wall Street where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw your fanbase over in rap, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the hip hop public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase these cornball-ass punchline tracks, nor will they purchase any of Nasir's other songs. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nasir has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nasir, publicly apologize and sign to a respectable label or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Posted? GZA scopin' out the minds and the labs at MIT for research on his upcoming album.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2011/12/03/harvard-and-mit-the-genius-meets-geniuses/qOAWPhO8CwcBft5VLbBavN/story.html

My man.

i really dig it, but he needs to start skipping class and putting in work again.

fuck me, Street Disciples is a good ass album. So much better than God`s Son and even Stillmatic. (an overrated album in my opinion)
Bad Nas is monotonous garbage, but Nas bringin heat is un-fuck-wit-able. Wish he was more consistent.

WTF

If this happens I will stop visiting this thread and stop listening to Hiphop forever.

heh, these are the statements that get people tagged, man.

If Nas goes to YM, a separate thread will be created and it will go into OT2 where every other post is "Bleek won."

that's....someone write it down just in case, no one's gonna top that for a thread title.

God I hope Nas signs with YM... and he him and Weezy make and album called Took The Throne

i like how duckroll trolls me on the gaming side @ shenmue, and now this.

It's only a matter of time before Wu-Tang merge with YMCMB.
Think about it.
Wu-Money.
I got hype from even typing that shit out!

jo i don't think we can be friends anymore~

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GAF I've had something hateful on my mind for the past few days and it's irritating me because I can't come to a consensus...

...who's worse, 2Chainz or French Montana? I think French might edge it out cause 2Chainz manages to at least flow along with the vibe of the song but they're about as equally as ADD to listen to.

BTW, that new XV is good. FUCK YO CIRCLE, WE DON'T MESS WITH Y'ALL

njean777

GAF I've had something hateful on my mind for the past few days and it's irritating me because I can't come to a consensus...

...who's worse, 2Chainz or French Montana? I think French might edge it out cause 2Chainz manages to at least flow along with the vibe of the song but they're about as equally as ADD to listen to.

BTW, that new XV is good. FUCK YO CIRCLE, WE DON'T MESS WITH Y'ALL

Never heard of 2chains, but French Montana is annoying to me.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
hands on the wheeal, uh uh... fuck that
hands on the wheeal, uh uh... fuck that
hands on the wheeeeeeeal, uh uh... fuck that

Recon

Banned
Fucking Maschine software....I cant load in any samples right now...i think i may be retarded...but it is frustrating how it isnt working like in their tutorials....lol

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fucking Maschine software....I cant load in any samples right now...i think i may be retarded...but it is frustrating how it isnt working like in their tutorials....lol

Had so many moments like this learning to use Reason. "Why the fuck is the motherfucking sound not working god fucking damnit it was working 5 minutes ago where the fuck is the sound what the fucking fuck son of a bitch why cant I add a new instrument it wont fucking play what the fuck is going on I'm gonna murder somebody fucking fuck fuck!"
And then I'd figure out how to fix it, not use Reason for a month and completely fucking forget and have to figure it out all over again.

Recon

Banned
Titi Boy is just as
good
bad.

Oh, full recorded version of WZRD's Teleport 2 Me from a tour. Not that great quality, but it's the full version nonetheless. Gives me a lot of hope for WZRD.
I'll buy it anyway.

Cudi could record his own farts and you would buy the deluxe version...lol

Had so many moments like this learning to use Reason. "Why the fuck is the motherfucking sound not working god fucking damnit it was working 5 minutes ago where the fuck is the sound what the fucking fuck son of a bitch why cant I add a new instrument it wont fucking play what the fuck is going on I'm gonna murder somebody fucking fuck fuck!"
And then I'd figure out how to fix it, not use Reason for a month and completely fucking forget and have to figure it out all over again.

Yeah, i know its probably me...just a tad annoying lol

siddx

I didn't realize there was some tension between Machine Gun Kelly and Yelawolf. Yela strikes me as the kind of dude to go all in with beef, wonder if it will ever go anywhere. Not that Machine Gun's wack ass would bring much to the table.

DominoKid

I didn't realize there was some tension between Machine Gun Kelly and Yelawolf. Yela strikes me as the kind of dude to go all in with beef, wonder if it will ever go anywhere. Not that Machine Gun's wack ass would bring much to the table.

i feel like these new white rappers are on some Highlander "there can only be one" shit.

Recon

Banned

Ill take $100 on Yela. He has the whole backing of Shady and affiliates. MGK has....Making The Band?

Except for Action Bronson, who no one can fuck with black or white

Yall really gotta stop hyping dude up. I just recently listened to a couple albums of his, and they were solid, but nothing mind blowing like I expected. He is a nice NY MC. There have been a lot of them.

siddx

i feel like these new white rappers are on some Highlander "there can only be one" shit.

From what I gather, it's other people trying to spark beef between the two, manly interviewers and shit. But they were goading the two of them enough to get a few comments thrown about each other, nothing serious but like I said, it seems to be other people poking sticks at the both of them trying to spark something.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
From what I gather, it's other people trying to spark beef between the two, manly interviewers and shit. But they were goading the two of them enough to get a few comments thrown about each other, nothing serious but like I said, it seems to be other people poking sticks at the both of them trying to spark something.
Everyone loves a good beef. Best way to do that is to have two new guys go at it.

Machine Gun Kelly is just a sensitive ass. He took offense from Yela's cypher verse. A cypher verse which literally called nobody out. He just said "plenty of white rappers to pick from this year". This isn't a Common situation where the dude clearly had somebody in mind.

And also MGK would get killed in a beef with Yelawolf. But he'll do the right thing and not escalate it.

Ill take $100 on Yela. He has the whole backing of Shady and affiliates. MGK has....Making The Band?

Yall really gotta stop hyping dude up. I just recently listened to a couple albums of his, and they were solid, but nothing mind blowing like I expected. He is a nice NY MC. There have been a lot of them.

Aren't you the dude who put that Gucci/V Nasty album on your best of 2011 list? Oh word, it's in your avatar too. Fall back

*rubs WR gloves together*

siddx

He wasn't in making the band, but he did do a verse on a remix of a heidi montag song. Forever unclean.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Machine Gun Kelly is just a sensitive ass. He took offense from Yela's cypher verse. A cypher verse which literally called nobody out. He just said "plenty of white rappers to pick from this year". This isn't a Common situation where the dude clearly had somebody in mind.

And also MGK would get killed in a beef with Yelawolf. But he'll do the right thing and not escalate it.
Aww yeaa. A good old fashion pillow fight.

siddx

Aren't you the dude who put that Gucci/V Nasty album on your best of 2011 list? Oh word, it's in your avatar too. Fall back

*rubs WR gloves together*

you...are....is this sarcasm? Anyone who posts in this thread more than once would know recon is trolling the fuck outta people with his avatar.

Yealwolf was actually in some shitty Missy Elliot Road to Stardom reality show in 05. He didn't even make the final 3 or some shit hahaha. Last laugh and all that I guess.

Aww yeaa. A good old fashion pillow fight.

lol I meant track-wise. But if it comes to physicality then I guess they'll have a skate-off or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom