• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Who is JUSTICE League? What shit has he done?

Edit: There's something off about that new Mos Def. BUT, I can't help but appreciate that shit. I like it.

Ephemeris

Mannie Fresh also hinted earlier this week about the return of G.O.O.D. Friday's, potentially even this Friday. Get hype.

*Deactivates Lurker Mode*
iO7XDJehONbDo.gif

Gaf-Hop, yesterday I got the opportunity to film and edit this video with NO ID in his studio announcing his new project. If you're from Chicago this project will be very interesting. Also I can confirm that NO ID is working on Nas' new album :)

Dope video, man.

Schoolboy Q is pretty much 'Get Rich Or Die Trying' 50 Cent evolved. I can't unhear it, sorry if that offends you. I enjoy his stuff btw, so it's not a bad thing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Schoolboy Q is pretty much 'Get Rich Or Die Trying' 50 Cent evolved. I can't unhear it, sorry if that offends you. I enjoy his stuff btw, so it's not a bad thing.

You know what? After listening to HnC some more I finally understand what y'all were on about. It *feels* just like early 50. The hunger, the delivery, I finally get the comparison.

He doesn't sound exactly like 50, but there are a lot of similar traits they share in their raps.

You know what? After listening to HnC some more I finally understand what y'all were on about. It *feels* just like early 50. The hunger, the delivery, I finally get the comparison.

He doesn't sound exactly like 50, but there are a lot of similar traits they share in their raps.

It's not exactly like 50 Cent, but I hear it in part of his flow, and how he emphasizes certain lines/words. I was late on the Setbacks discussion, but it jumped out at me the SECOND I heard Kamikaze, and on numerous other tracks on that project. Same thing on HnC.

IrishNinja

Do ya thing, Res - we'll be round when you get back man.

ps totally blanked out, what was the "best of 2012 so far" album ya'll were on about?

DominoKid

im having a hard time hearing 50 in Q. what songs?

im having a hard time hearing 50 in Q. what songs?

Setbacks: Kamikaze, Cycle (pre-major label 50), Crazy, Situations.

HnC: Raymond 1969, Gangsta In Designer, Nightmare on Figg St., 2 Raw

On HnC it doesn't pop up as much cause he switches his delivery up more, but there are still influences all over the place. He even mentioned 50 being part of his style on his ASAP Rocky feature off LiveLoveASAP.

overcast

On HnC it doesn't pop up as much cause he switches his delivery up more, but there are still influences all over the place. He even mentioned 50 being part of his style on his ASAP Rocky feature off LiveLoveASAP.
"Biggie and Nas put they ass in a blender. Sprinkle in some 50 and came out this ni**a".

filler

Banned
I couldn't get into dude myself, but some Seattle brehs were hyping him up to me. Thought maybe it was just not my thing, so I posted it up anyway. That production needs to be put to better use.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Detox

Good mix ace, Gucci and wiz didn't fit. Especially wiz it was all hype and then wiz slowed it down. If anything this mix reminded to look into e-40's discography.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Good mix ace, Gucci and wiz didn't fit. Especially wiz it was all hype and then wiz slowed it down. If anything this mix reminded to look into e-40's discography.

Yeah, I can see that.. Gucci was spur of the moment... And I really wanted the Wiz song in there for some reason..

I will make a more complete 40 water mix... But this was just a little touch

Tokubetsu

I think it's because they both kinda ride the same subject matter in similar ways. Both have that "hood" funny style/mannerisms. They can say some real shit but deliver it in a hilarious manner. Everything Q talks about sounds fun and exciting and not dangerous as fuck as most of it actually is. He's infectious. He has charisma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom