• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootie

How did Jay go from arguably the best to do it to such a little bitch?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ng-b--h-following-Blue-Ivy-Carters-birth.html

Big+L.jpg

Son, I am disappoint.

Late to the Party but dat new Schoolboy Q is that shit.
Great way to start off 2012. I gotta laugh at people who say Hip-Hop isn't as good as it used to be.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know, I don't fuck with A$AP Rocky but him and Q go so well together, and his feature on HnC is dope. The entire first 3 tracks on HnC are hard hitters back to back to back.

Macca

Just got done counting the AOTY votes. Goddamn it was close. Going to have to double check.

FYI, WTT didn't win.

Also, 118 different albums were nominated. Damn son.

LOZLINK

HnC is my shit atm. This album is so smooth, it's bananas. Schoolboy just sounds so hungry, it's crazy. Him and Asap are a erally good combo, they should do a collab, that'd be sweet. Motherfuckers hit a blunt and do that shit. They can have their own ad lib, like dzas riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The entire idea of people hating on someone who is changing their life for the better is so stupid. Jay has a kid, decides that he won't use the word bitch anymore. Some rappers have comeout and said they won't say N--- anymore. They got hated on too. I don't get it.

I am not saying I don't listen to my fair share of music with all kinds of vulgarities, but if those same rappers decided to clean up their lyrics, I wouldn't hate. People change, priorities change, morals change as you go through shit in life. People who aren't in the same place as you in life never understand and want hate I guess.

Nas cycle got me hooked. Im sayin life is good will be top 10 2012 easy.

I tend to agree. I'm sure there will be poppy singles but so far he's pretty much been working with respected producers; I doubt Exile, Static Selecka, or Rza etc gave him pop shit. It should be dope as fuck

Jay Sosa

It will be the same as always, great stuff mixed with awfully poppy singles that completely ruin the mood of the album. Justice League are great producers but they don't have no fucking business on a Nas album.

And this thread will be 5 pages of Nas lost and Nas should retire already posts.

Esch

Banned
the pop shit could be fine. I expect a rozay escobar track which could be great..

he should do a song with kool g again, better that than prodigy

OG Kush

The entire idea of people hating on someone who is changing their life for the better is so stupid. Jay has a kid, decides that he won't use the word bitch anymore. Some rappers have comeout and said they won't say N--- anymore. They got hated on too. I don't get it.

I am not saying I don't listen to my fair share of music with all kinds of vulgarities, but if those same rappers decided to clean up their lyrics, I wouldn't hate. People change, priorities change, morals change as you go through shit in life. People who aren't in the same place as you in life never understand and want hate I guess.

it aint nothing to do with morals son. call a woman a woman, a bitch a bitch and a hoe a hoe

Jay Sosa

the pop shit could be fine. I expect a rozay escobar track which could be great..

he should do a song with kool g again, better that than prodigy

He either should go completely pop or not. Not this trying to please every potential fan shit. That never works.

And again, I'm not saying they're bad producers. Their usual sound just don't fit on an album with tracks by Exile or Statik imho.

Thats why I had almost the same exact reaction when I heard Just Blaze is on Take Care. And guess what, even though it's not very surprisingly a good track it sounds completely out of place.

Esch

Banned
I could give less of a shit about an artistically cohesive album being made by Nas at this point, it's not happening. He's going for a range of sound; as long as he brings the verses like he has on triple beam, nasty, ghetto dreams, dog shit, distant relatives etc i don't give a fuck

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I could give less of a shit about an artistically cohesive album being made by Nas at this point, it's not happening. He's going for a range of sound; as long as he brings the verses like he has on triple beam, nasty, ghetto dreams, dog shit, distant relatives etc i don't give a fuck

Pretty much. Dont forget Victory.

So, GAF, what's your views on Cage and EI-P? Started listening, but I'm not too sure.

From what I read, Palko had some real problems, and his stuff really conveys that, but can't help but feel it's all a bit cheap... I dunno. Just not too sure.

I'm used to DOOM, De La Soul and like, so this is kinda new shit for me.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
it aint nothing to do with morals son. call a woman a woman, a bitch a bitch and a hoe a hoe

Thanks, now I am so enlightened.

Some people's morals don't allow them to call a woman a bitch or a hoe. They just don't think it is right. I can see that.

So, GAF, what's your views on Cage and EI-P? Started listening, but I'm not too sure.

From what I read, Palko had some real problems, and his stuff really conveys that, but can't help but feel it's all a bit cheap... I dunno. Just not too sure.

I'm used to DOOM and like, so this is kinda new shit for me.
As far as Cage goes, his first two albums are pretty good.

His most recent album, Depart From Me? Not as much.

kamspy

Of course having a new Nas album vs not having a new Nas album is an easy choice. Doesn't make the impending let-down any less traumatic. Aside from signing to Bad Boy, getting Justice League on there so much is about the worst thing he could have done.

This is the part of the cycle where all Sonic's shitty friends show up and you say ugggh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom