• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldvein

Banned
So, GAF, what's your views on Cage and EI-P? Started listening, but I'm not too sure.

From what I read, Palko had some real problems, and his stuff really conveys that, but can't help but feel it's all a bit cheap... I dunno. Just not too sure.

I'm used to DOOM, De La Soul and like, so this is kinda new shit for me.

el-p is great. i hope you're listening to i'll sleep when you're dead.

and it's good to see that kam is alive out there. yo

Complex.com said:
Remember that funny Megaupload song we saw in the beginning of December? The one that was taken down from YouTube by Universal Music Group under copyright law, and then contested by Megaupload and their lawyers? It left plenty of questions unanswered, including: How did Megaupload get all those artists to cosign?

In a shocking twist, Page Six reports that Swizz Beatz is the CEO of the company, and he's in a battle that has artists like Kanye West, will.i.am and Diddy in hot water with their label. Reps for the artists have not commented, but the matter is ongoing and will be settled in court.

One last question: Who actually penned the Megaupload song?

[via NYPost]

UPDATE: It's confirmed. On Megaupload's "About" page, Kasseem Dean a.k.a. Swizz Beatz is listed as the CEO.
Source: http://www.complex.com/music/2012/01/swizz-beatz-is-ceo-of-megaupload

kamspy

Great, will bear this in mind, cheers. Any other suggestions?

The Beatnuts

Musical Massacre and Take it or Squeeze It. Musical Massacre is their best work IMO. It's got roots in ATCQ and De La and all that. Just a little bit more rugged without losing the sound.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Reading the Life is Good wiki page is just too good to be true. Kanye, Dre, Alchemist, RZA and the list goes on..

Yet we know it's going to end up with 8 Salaam Remi beats on it. Someone has to divorce these two.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's so bad about Salaam Remi and Nas together? I liked Nasty and Like Smoke.

Stifling his range as an artist. They do good work together, but it gets in the way of seeing him get on some other beats cause all he wants to do is Salaam Remi tracks, and also produces many of the mediocre tracks on his past few albums too. Nasty is an exception more than the rule really.

I feel you. But as long as he stays away from shoddy no-name producers, Life Is Good will be solid in my book. Nas' lyrical skill has been in tip-top shape as of late so I'm not worried about that.

Of course having a new Nas album vs not having a new Nas album is an easy choice. Doesn't make the impending let-down any less traumatic. Aside from signing to Bad Boy, getting Justice League on there so much is about the worst thing he could have done.

This is the part of the cycle where all Sonic's shitty friends show up and you say ugggh.

I disagree 100%. Their production is in line with what Nas can rap over, and more importantly they're talented enough to switch up their style to suit him. FAME is something Nas could rock over easily. Hell, Aston Martin Music could be a Nas record.

If this was Lex Lugar I'd agree with you, although his track on HnC really breaks the mold he has built for himself.

Detox

I think the Ross feature is a lock with the stuff they've been doing together and Justice League. I just hope we get the track from this session:
indNdtxY6EjSh.png

3stacks keep trolling: Gillette master of style
izDfRHHB1xCT2.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't stop playing Nightmare on Figg St.
I like this song so much, but I really can't put into words why. Toku on point, Q is just FUN to listen to.

Druggys With Hoes Again got that bounce too.

Also:

GAF-Hop |OT4| Word to Dr. Dre, Detox is like a mix away

I like this song so much, but I really can't put into words why. Toku on point, Q is just FUN to listen to.

Druggys With Hoes Again got that bounce too.

Also:

GAF-Hop |OT4| Word to Dr. Dre, Detox is like a mix away

Someone compared him to Fiddy and I gotta agree. Both talk about the same drugs, cars, hoes, bs but both are just so damn charismatic and entertaining you can't hate.
Nightmare on Figg St. just has so much energy. Shit gets me hype.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Untitled is a good album
A lot of the highs are really good tracks; Sly Fox, Be A Ninja Too, Hero, Queens Get The Money, Ninja Hatred, and Black President. The rest is pretty forgettable IMO, album could have used a lot of trimming. I'm not a fan of "long" albums anyways, it's harder to keep the consistency throughout. Hip Hop Is Dead on the other hand >>>>>>>>>> *

Kendrick Lamar & Pharrell in the Studio

FP9uk.jpg
Kendrick replacing Kanye in CRS confirmed. It's now CHS, Child Hippy Soldier.

CRS

So what's the correct tracklist for HnC? The one on Wikipedia or the on on Spotify?

This is what Spotify has

f9lcZ.png

and what Wiki has.

9r4Sj.png

Edit: Nevermind, finally found the back cover of the album with the tracklist. Wiki has it right. What the fuck Spotify.

Edit^2: Spotify's missing "Sexting" too. Man, what the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom