• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Complex Shadow said:
Dude your mad. And true that Niki post was a waste of space. But somepeople don't know what's good and what isn't. And I am sure people clicked your link but they don't have to replay about it. If something is good enough, you don't need to talk about it, the quality of the track will talk for it self.
Discussion is better if people participate. Sure the quality of the track might speak for itself, but if more people say it's good then more people will listen to it. And that's one of the things this thread is about, spreading new music.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
Discussion is better if people participate. Sure the quality of the track might speak for itself, but if more people say it's good then more people will listen to it. And that's one of the things this thread is about, spreading new music.
Yea I know. I am just saying people shouldn't think no one cares if no one replys.

HiResDes said:
The Pharcyde
A Tribe Called Quest
De La Soul
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth
Main Source
Hieroglyphics
The People Under the Stairs
Nice N' Smooth

...Some dude requests to hear some of that ill, real shit, and the next reply is some bullshit about Nicki Minaj's fake ass.

Awesome, thanks. I listen to most of those groups (I heard Acid Raindrops by the People under the Stairs and it blew my mind.. goddamn) but there are some that I can't wait to check out. Souls of Mischief is kicking my ass right now

Discotheque said:
93 til Infinity from Souls is so good.

Pharcyde is a great group too, Ab Soul from Black Hippy sounds like one of their doppelgangers (vocally)

Phaycyde is fucking awesome. I have their first two albums and they're amazing. The fact that Dilla produced most of Labcabincalifornia even sweetens the deal

//B1G said:
man that happens to me just about every post i make in this thread. i'd participate more, but dudes here are so stuck on discussing inane shit

I read this thread occasionally and check out the mixtapes... Some of the stuff is awesome but some of the shit is like... wtf? Do you guys seriously listen to ASAP Rocky? it's just.. stupid. haha

Are there any groups kinda similar to Tribe, Pharcyde, Beastie Boys, etc that are newer?

Also, is anyone excited for the new Del that supposedly is coming out for real this time?

CRS

apocalidiot said:
Also, is anyone excited for the new Del that supposedly is coming out for real this time?
Deltron Event II with Dan the Automator?

It's on my, "I'll Believe It When I Have It In My Hands" list.

CRS

HiResDes said:
Well played, sir.

Not sure if this counts and they're not that different but the sampling of Curtis Mayfield's Diamond in the Back is so fucking good. They both kill it.

Ludacris - Diamond in the Back

Lupe Fiasco - Slow Down

Actually, I guess this doesn't count. I thought Ludacris' version was a lot different.

God damn it, I miss this Lupe. Seriously, how the fuck did this happen?

Dmented

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
he need to stick to singing...he wack. Sadly, people gonna be "yes-manning" him so much he gonna think he nice and gonna try to rhyme more.
What's up with this labeling shit "freestyles" when it's all clearly written. Or is somehow everyone able to freestyle flawlessly. (Besides the lyrics sucking.)

Dmented said:
What's up with this labeling shit "freestyles" when it's all clearly written. Or is somehow everyone able to freestyle flawlessly. (Besides the lyrics sucking.)

what the hell are you talking about? where is it do I say anything about freestyles? are you retarded?

Macca

Fixed2BeBroken said:
what the hell are you talking about? where is it do I say anything about freestyles? are you retarded?
Uh... wow. I'm pretty sure he's refering to the title of the video you were talking about. ""Otis" Freestyle (Live On Power 106 LA)". Chill.

DominoKid

LOZLINK said:

nf2uzr.jpg

I can't hate on Bieber's Otis freestyle.

It sorta cracks me up that Busta, Ye, Luda, Hov, RZA, etc fuck w/ the youngin even though their fans hate Bieber. It really ain't that serious.

Macca007 said:
Uh... wow. I'm pretty sure he's refering to the title of the video you were talking about. ""Otis" Freestyle (Live On Power 106 LA)". Chill.

even then, it still doesnt make sense being that he is quoting me.

secondly....why complain about something called a "freestyle" even if it's a written. Most emcees.....when they were refer to a "freestyle" they are referring to either two things...either

A. something that is just completely off the top, not written....

or

B. a written to no particular song and has no title...just a random verse they wrote. Or just a random verse they write to someone else's beat but isn't for a actual original record that they would record and title.

Dmented

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
even then, it still doesnt make sense being that he is quoting me.

secondly....why complain about something called a "freestyle" even if it's a written. Most emcees.....when they were refer to a "freestyle" they are referring to either two things...either

A. something that is just completely off the top, not written....

or

B. a written to no particular song and has no title...just a random verse they wrote. Or just a random verse they write to someone else's beat but isn't for a actual original record that they would record and title.
But in most cases it's from the top of your head. At least that's how I've always seen it to be.

And I was just going along with what you said and the general quote. No need to get all defensive.

Dmented said:
But in most cases it's from the top of your head. At least that's how I've always seen it to be.

And I was just going along with what you said and the general quote. No need to get all defensive.

no, amongst the normal/average listener...yea, im sure whenever they hear "freestyle" it is deemed as off the top.

but Professionally...Freestyle can be either or. That's why alot of rappers will go on the radio and kick "Freestyles" but they are actually written verses and you can tell...it's just at the time they are random verses and dont go to a song yet.

freestyle can be either. It's just what it is. Arguing or being upset about it doesn't change the fact that this is a fact.

And sorry if you felt I was being defensive, its just what you said didnt make any sense after my post. but I do see what you're saying now.

Dmented

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
no, amongst the normal/average person...yea, im sure whenever they hear "freestyle" it is deemed as off the top.

but Professionally...Freestyle can be either or. That's why alot of rappers will go on the radio and kick "Freestyles" but they are actually written verses and you can tell...it's just at the time they are random verses and dont go to a song yet.

freestyle can be either. It's just what it is. Arguing or being upset about it doesn't change the fact that this is a fact.

And sorry if you felt I was being defensive, its just what you said didnt make any sense after my post. but I do see what you're saying now.
Ok, cool, glad we got that cleared up. :)

m3k

ChldRebelSoldr said:
I have it downloaded!

My download list JUST from Monday.

D-WILL - The Granny Smith Theorem.zip

yonas-michael-lost-in-hollywood.zip

ASAP_Rocky_-_LiveLoveASAP.zip

CruiseControl-OnSMASH.zip

L.E.P BOGUS BOYS - NOW OR NEVA [HOSTED BY DJ GREEN LANTERN].zip

Milo - I wish my brother Rob was here.zip

ColdDayInHell.zip

Dasanto-I Kill Shit.zip

whats the best of these? i just spent half an hour trying to find a link that works to download the rocky mixtape but i give up for now

is the lep mixtape good?

Macca

The rest of this year is absolutely insane for albums. In two months there are about 5 huge albums coming out, and probably a ton more I'm missing.

Yelawolf - Radioactive
Drake - Take Care
Common - The Dreamer, The Believer
The Roots - Undun
Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't
Tonedeff & Kno - Chico and the Man
Statik Selektah and Action Bronson - Well Done

That's like an album a week. Insane.

overcast

Macca007 said:
The rest of this year is absolutely insane for albums. In two months there are about 5 huge albums coming out, and probably a ton more I'm missing.

Yelawolf - Radioactive
Drake - Take Care
The Roots - Undun

I want to listen to all of these ones badly. Don't care too much about the other 2.

RJT

overcast said:
U Can't Touch This, and Kingdom Come by Jay use Super Freak..
I was going to say that one. Kingdom Come is such a great song... That and Lost Ones made the album worthwhile (even though, as a whole, it sucks).

RJT

Macca007 said:

Yelawolf - Radioactive
Drake - Take Care
The Roots - Undun

Yeah, it's crazy.

I'm pretty sure my AOTY is going to be either Common, Roots or Tonedeff & Kno. The only album guaranteed to by on my final top 5 that has been released so far is CL's Oneirology.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Where the fuck is Detox? /bitter

Also, hyped for Gambino's CD...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1X3z_iYa1k&feature=player_embedded#!
As an emcee, gambino is ok to me. Sometimes hes eye brow raising, sometimes i feel like im listening to lil waybe, and sometimes im like whatever. Hes listenable. But i am super hyped for his album cause his production is usually dope as SHIT! And judging from that video, its gonna he amazing.

Throavium

apocalidiot said:
No, because no one in Deltron 3030 can say anything about that album, that sounds true. Del was talking about how the album was almost done like 7 months ago, and Koala just said it's almost finished. I don't care if it's almost finished, it being almost finished doesn't mean I can listen to it, either give me a release date or shut the fuck up.

Esch

Banned
gambino's voice is cloying and awful. everything i dislike about how danny brown spits glover takes it to some new level of high pitched estrogenland. i jess don't get it man(although his production isn't bad, agreedo)

Throavium

K.Jack said:
You can't tell me this kid's favorite rapper isn't MF DOOM.
MF DOOM is monotone when he raps, this guy is monotone but he seems to just be talking. This guy sounds like what Das Racist would sound like if they attempted to rap monotone.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Blackace said:
sorry I missed WCW... had to DJ. :(

Do you ever record your sets when you play at clubs? Seems like you could pretty easily record it while you play, and then either delete it if you don't care much for it or save it if you thought it went particularly well.

Also to B1G, in regards to the earlier conversation about the topics of conversation we choose to have on here. Suck my dick.

No I'm kidding, but what I've found is people will often check out stuff posters share without commenting on it. I click most links in here, and enjoy many of them but don't bother to comment on them. It's more amusing to argue about why Nicki is the festering scab on hip hop's shriveled dick. If someone requests artist recommendations though people are usually pretty good about answering. And if you catch the thread at the right time, serious discussion is certainly possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom