• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nns3d

So what does everyone think of the Amy Winehouse+Nas song??

Macca007 said:
What are the best remixes that Yela's been on?

Don't listen to a lot of Yela, but maybe you'll like the Hometown Hero Remix (K.R.I.T.)

Esch

Banned
Def_Squad_-_El_Nino.jpg

i'm very stupid for never listening to this

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
EschatonDX said:
Def_Squad_-_El_Nino.jpg

i'm very stupid for never listening to this

One of my most anticipated purchases back in the day. Didn't quite live up to the hype for me but still a very solid album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Blackace said:
You are very special that is true...
I'm just saying, spread the love around. You got your stamp on Illmatic, the Chronic and more. Least you can do is give a brother Encore or something.

I'm sure most people here don't like Masta Killa but I never realized until a couple days ago that he put out a second album. Has anyone listened to Made in Brooklyn? Is it any good? Is it as good as No Said Date was?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
enzo_gt said:
I'm just saying, spread the love around. You got your stamp on Illmatic, the Chronic and more. Least you can do is give a brother Encore or something.

If they ain't hating you ain't doing it right

I just listened to that Amy Winehouse x Nas track. Damn.

Salaam Remi has been tagging with Nas for a bit. Nasty, It's A Tower Heist, and now this. I hope the trend continues for his album with some Preemo sprinkled in.

overcast

Net_Wrecker said:
You forgot Chico and The Man which is likely to be better than all of em.
I bolded that as one of my most wanted, I honestly did not feel the need to post anymore. The ones I bolded will all be good. Not a fan of Ross.

overcast said:
I bolded that as one of my most wanted, I honestly did not feel the need to post anymore. The ones I bolded will all be good. Not a fan of Ross.

I just thought it was important to repeat all of em to drive the point home :p

Kaizer

Banned
spindashing said:

Salaam Remi has been tagging with Nas for a bit. Nasty, It's A Tower Heist, and now this. I hope the trend continues for his album with some Preemo sprinkled in.
So hyped for the next Nas album, I feel he's really gonna drop something worthwhile this time.

HiResDes

Detox said:
Eschaton's avatar reminded me how was G Rap's new album?
It's a G rap album, you know what to expect...Straight grime, fire, and brimstone.

Seriously if Kool G. Rap would have died in the late 90s, people would be more likely to include him in the greatest rapper of all time discussion. You'd see tons of people wearing Kool G. Rap shirts and his albums would be flying off the shelves, supported by DJs and the like that only think legends can be enjoyed postmortem. They don't realize that the foremost influential gangsta rapper, is still living and breathing. He's quite possibly the most slept on living legend in the industry.

*END RANT*

Blackace

HiResDes said:
It's a G rap album, you know what to expect...Straight grime, fire, and brimstone.

Seriously if Kool G. Rap would have died in the late 90s, people would be more likely to include him in the greatest rapper of all time discussion. You'd see tons of people wearing Kool G. Rap shirts and his albums would be flying off the shelves, supported by DJs and the like that only think legends can be enjoyed postmortem. They don't realize that the foremost influential gangsta rapper, is still living and breathing. He's quite possibly the most slept on living legend in the industry.

*END RANT*

Naw.. I really doubt this..

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
spindashing said:

"Like Smoke" is so ill. I wish they could have done more together. It's easily going to be in my top ten songs for the year.

Detox

I have to agree all the guys coming out of NY with the gangster stuff had G Rap to thank, especially Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z and Prodigy. Looks like I'll have to pick the album up.

overcast

Kaizer said:
So hyped for the next Nas album, I feel he's really gonna drop something worthwhile this time.
Yeah, he may bring it this time. Don't want to get my hopes too high quite yet though.

Blackace

Detox said:
I have to agree all the guys coming out of NY with the gangster stuff had G Rap to thank, especially Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z and Prodigy. Looks like I'll have to pick the album up.

He was a founding father for sure.. but real talk NWA made it so G rap could be seen nation wide..

Detox

Did he make it big? I always thought of him as the guy who was just a bit too early, his gangster stuff is slightly different from NWA's more fuck the world gangbanging mentality. He was just the least successful member of the Juice Crew who just didn't have the one song to blow up.

Kool G Rap appreciation time:
Fast Life ft Nas

Macca

Was just reading about the N.W.A biopic on Wikipedia when I saw this on the page.

Wikipedia said:
As of September 2011, a director has been chosen. Director John Singleton[24] will be in charge of running the set. Ice Cube and Singleton go way back, as you may recall a little film starring Cube depicting South L.A.'s gruesome gangster street life Boyz 'n the Hood for which Singleton earned some Oscar nods among the film's wide critical and commercial successes.

Somehow I don't think that's the type of writing Wikipedia aims for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom