• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

njean777

I am sure the flaming bottles of Mo and everything else cost more than a present given among two men who work in the same industry..

They aren't rich enough to give 100,000 dollar watches to anyone

The point is they are flaunting this shit, how about you flaunt helping people that need help? Nope, we are gonna flaunt having a big party that is a giant waste of money.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The point is they are flaunting this shit, how about you flaunt helping people that need help? Nope, we are gonna flaunt having a big party that is a giant waste of money.

why flaunt helping people? Between Dre Em and 50 they have donated millions..

Blackace

I'm still wondering if Ross has all this money. Dude's albums don't sell like that

and it's not like he has a bunch of hits

Well let's see...

Hustlin went plat

The Boss went plat

All I do is win went 2xplat

I'm on One went 3xplat

I'm so hood went plat

3 of his 4 solo albums went gold

MMG is doing aiight son

Recon

Banned
I dont know. How much is ross actually seeing from his sales? I mean, I honestly do not care if the fat man has money or not, but how much of his album sales is going to Def Jam? Either way, all someone like Ross needs to do is tour and his bankroll gets fat.

Blackace

I dont know. How much is ross actually seeing from his sales? I mean, I honestly do not care if the fat man has money or not, but how much of his album sales is going to Def Jam? Either way, all someone like Ross needs to do is tour and his bankroll gets fat.

Well I am pretty sure Def Jam sees nothing.. I think it is Warner now.. so after Def Jam expired he negotiated a new deal with WMG

I think he is worth 25 mill right now

michaeljordanlol_1.gif

Because you're imagining KRIT making a complete 180 in the future in terms of this religious struggle lyricism/imagery, doing electro pop, dating a bald supermodel/breaking up with her, releasing a 11/10 perfect album according to Pitchfork, then doing a collab album with Lil Wayne called Watch The Throne II?

you're just salivating at this young black producer rapper losing his way, aren't you

Castle Golden swamp music? I'm in.

Esch

Banned
God, I loved that KRIT song. It's been too long since i heard a decent hip hop motivation track. shit is classic. and smooth as hell.

edward james olmos
2dj5umo.gif

i'm confused by the dre/rick ross thing. i mean, dre is never at these kind of events. i know pics have been popping up of him in the studio with all kinds of artists lately (t.i., nelly), but he's not giving them $100,000 watches. if i remember correctly, he gave 50 cent a really expensive watch after 50 signed to shady/aftermath.

it would seem rick ross now somehow figures largely into dre's plans for his comeback and detox release. i would have thought him being in miami would be him possibly working on ross' new album and/or doing something with ross for the dj whoo kid detox mixtape that's going to drop soon, but this seems like more.

i wish dre would do the sensible thing and just work with snoop, the dogg pound, and the d.o.c. for detox and quit trying to latch onto other rappers in an attempt to make himself relevant again. also, he needs to get mel-man and mike elizondo co-producing with him for the album.

Recon

Banned
Did any of you guys get in on the Amazon Sale on CDs for $.70? I got all these for $10.80:

Tribe Called Quest-Midnight Marauders
Tribe Called Quest-The Low End Theory
Wind & Fire Earth-The Best of Earth, Wind & Fire, Vol.1
Nas-Illmatic
Nas-It Was Written
Raekwon-Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Wu-Tang Clan-Enter The Wu-Tang(36 Chambers)
Bob Dylan-The Times They Are a-Changin'
Fugees-The Score
Ghostface Killah-Ironman
MGMT-Oracular Spectacular

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Did any of you guys get in on the Amazon Sale on CDs for $.70? I got all these for $10.80:

Tribe Called Quest-Midnight Marauders
Tribe Called Quest-The Low End Theory
Wind & Fire Earth-The Best of Earth, Wind & Fire, Vol.1
Nas-Illmatic
Nas-It Was Written
Raekwon-Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Wu-Tang Clan-Enter The Wu-Tang(36 Chambers)
Bob Dylan-The Times They Are a-Changin'
Fugees-The Score
Ghostface Killah-Ironman
MGMT-Oracular Spectacular
When does it end.

Recon

Banned
god DAMN it

Yeah, It was an insane deal. I had both Aquemini and ATLiens in my cart and they became out of stock right after I ordered or some shit. All the albums I bought were either $.70 or $1.30. Figured I would buy the ones I either didnt have, or got too scratched. I think this is the 6th time I am buying Illmatic.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Yeah, It was an insane deal. I had both Aquemini and ATLiens in my cart and they became out of stock right after I ordered or some shit. All the albums I bought were either $.70 or $1.30. Figured I would buy the ones I either didnt have, or got too scratched. I think this is the 6th time I am buying Illmatic.
Rub it in why don't you.

CRS

So Gorillaz is releasing a new song this month alongside two other artists.

421732_10150584985297996_6002137995_9071016_667360452_n.jpg

What are the chances the other two are Big Boi and Andre 3000?

album-stankonia.jpg

CRS

They don't. The song is for the Converse shoe company's summer promotion. What CuDi did a couple of years ago with that Summer track.

Three artists get together and release one new song.

IrishNinja

nice haul recon! damn, id be salty, but i think i have every one of those discs except the last one.
still crazy jealous of des' vinyl deal last year, goddamn.

Blackace

nice haul recon! damn, id be salty, but i think i have every one of those discs except the last one.
still crazy jealous of des' vinyl deal last year, goddamn.

Yeah I have pretty much all them too, ripped and backed up.. But still a nice deal!

also what did people think of that DJ Quik mix?

IrishNinja

fuuuuuuuuuuu forgot to grab it; off to correct that now!

*edit hahaha, "i had to wiki t-boz" fuck man, i was working at a record store when we had her shit on loop back in...'99. shit, okay yeah, it's been a minute.

CRS

i misunderstood the pic. i thought the shadows were supposed to be the 2 people the Gorillaz were working with (blacked out to maintain secrecy), but in cartoon form.
No, you're right. The huh was directed towards that last half of the post. Was trying to say that London is a good guess and could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom