• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yeah I have pretty much all them too, ripped and backed up.. But still a nice deal!

also what did people think of that DJ Quik mix?

Listened to it on a 2 hour car drive yesterday, loved it. At some points I thought you were reading my damn mind. "I wonder if he put bitch better have my money on here...oh shit! I DONT CHARGE BY THE INCH I CHARGE BY THE FOOT!"
"It would be cool if he threw in sucker free, such a dope beat its a shame it was so short...oh shit sucker free!"
"Safe and sound would be the perfect song to end the album with...what is this sorcery!!"

There are so many great quik songs, the thing could have been 2 hours long.

Some other mixes I thought of were a cypress hill mix, death row mix, and a bay area mix.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Listened to it on a 2 hour car drive yesterday, loved it. At some points I thought you were reading my damn mind. "I wonder if he put bitch better have my money on here...oh shit! I DONT CHARGE BY THE INCH I CHARGE BY THE FOOT!"
"It would be cool if he threw in sucker free, such a dope beat its a shame it was so short...oh shit sucker free!"
"Safe and sound would be the perfect song to end the album with...what is this sorcery!!"

There are so many great quik songs, the thing could have been 2 hours long.

Some other mixes I thought of were a cypress hill mix, death row mix, and a bay area mix.

lol! awesome, glad you feel it like I did.. Quik is special because he doesn't make songs, he makes albums.. I could have had a 15 min mix of 3 to 5 songs from each album in sections.. because each album has it's vibe.. actually a little sad I didn't get more tracks from Way 2 Fonky on there..

Cypress doesn't have a strong enough catalog to me to make a mix..

What artist from the bay were you thinking?

Death Row would be fun.. but almost too easy..

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
lol! awesome, glad you feel it like I did.. Quik is special because he doesn't make songs, he makes albums.. I could have had a 15 min mix of 3 to 5 songs from each album in sections.. because each album has it's vibe.. actually a little sad I didn't get more tracks from Way 2 Fonky on there..

Cypress doesn't have a strong enough catalog to me to make a mix..

What artist from the bay were you thinking?

Death Row would be fun.. but almost too easy..

I thought I remembered you not being a huge cypress fan, for me you could easily make a great mix out of the first 4 albums alone, add in the standouts from the other albums and a mix would be easy. But like I said, I'm a big fan.
Bay area wise, I was thinking all the best old school shit, spice 1, luniz, b legit, too short, 4tay, mac mall, all that.

Detox

Ace go for the deathrow cheatcode part of the reason why the mixes are so good is the transitions so deathrow could be amazing. Would ruthless records work for you?

So Gorillaz is releasing a new song this month alongside two other artists.

421732_10150584985297996_6002137995_9071016_667360452_n.jpg
Yep, that sure looks like 3stacks and Big Boi.

Watch it be like Weird Al and A Pimp Named Slickback.

iavi

morri-388x365.jpg

One of the exciting new talents hailing from the American Midwest, MΔRRI$ has already caught the attention of staple underground music syndicates such as XLR8R, Mad Decent, Palms Out Sounds and more; plus DJ outfits like Night Slugs and of course us right here at FTNT (check Salva’s recent mix for The FADER). We have a long-standing history with DJs and artists from Kansas, so we got hip to this young squire very early on. This year however, fans and industry heads from all over will no doubt start to take notice of this mid-20′s producer. While the beat foundations straddle lines between modern bass music and southern (t)rap, the element tying his productions together is of the deepest and sexiest R&B influence. His knack for dark, soulful chords and pretty trance synth appregios will surely lure you in. For our 16th podcast we thought to invite MΔRRI$ (also an avid club DJ) to showcase tracks representing his sound, and we’re glad that we did. Get into the goomba wave right now with this cutty mix from MΔRRI$.

Frite Nite Podcast 16 – MORRI$

01: Kid Benz – Ball Hard
02: Bosstone – Lean
03: Tom Richman – Drony Montana
04: Lunice – I See You (Girl Unit Remix)
05: Stik Figa & MORRI$ – Self Esteem
06: Lil Wayne – Outro
07: Mall A Goomba – Red Suburban
08: Cedaa – Jasmin
09: Riff Raff – Graveyard Music
10: Clicks & Whistles – Serious Bidness
11: ????? – ?????
12: Waka Flocka Flame – Round Of Applause

MORRI$ is good shit. I'd dig the fuck out of a tape from him, for sure.

Big K.R.I.T. – 4Eva N A Day Cover

2aVUf.jpg

Only 5 weeks into the year, and already have the cover of it. Damn.

Oh shit! First song offa the mixtape!

Big K.R.I.T. - Boobie Miles

Again, damn. I'm containing all this hype though... As much as I can. I've learned my lesson.

Recon

Banned
nice haul recon! damn, id be salty, but i think i have every one of those discs except the last one.
still crazy jealous of des' vinyl deal last year, goddamn.

Yeah I have pretty much all them too, ripped and backed up.. But still a nice deal!

also what did people think of that DJ Quik mix?
Yeah, I have had all of these at one point in my life, but either lost or scratched to death.

Blackace

Ace go for the deathrow cheatcode part of the reason why the mixes are so good is the transitions so deathrow could be amazing. Would ruthless records work for you?
Ok! I will get on it soon..
I thought I remembered you not being a huge cypress fan, for me you could easily make a great mix out of the first 4 albums alone, add in the standouts from the other albums and a mix would be easy. But like I said, I'm a big fan.
Bay area wise, I was thinking all the best old school shit, spice 1, luniz, b legit, too short, 4tay, mac mall, all that.

Yeah, I ain't going front not a huge Cypress fan.. The songs I do like by them I love, but they have always been meh to omg with no middle ground for me...

Now the bay is like bowl of magical gumdrops to me

please blackace... a dirty south mix.... ;_;

Well the ignorant series has been fairly dirty south... Was there a certain sound you were looking for, like Lil Jon or what not?

Weren't the blacknyellow mixes dirty south?

Black n Yellow is very southernish

Blackace

Was that "Ok!" about making a Ruthless Records mix? That would actually be really dope and original. I've heard a lot of dj mixes, but I don't think I've ever heard a Ruthless Records one.

We're JJ FAD and we're here to rock!!!

kamspy

I'd be willing to contribute with Ace on the southern mix, as far as some of the more obscure old shit goes. We could do a past to present thing.

kamspy

Nas will be on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon tonight apparently.

I think 45 seconds is a good over/under on how long before he's winded and laboring to breathe.

How Rick Ross can perform better than Nas just boggles my mind. I've seen Nas live when he was touring for It Was Written. He was even worse back then.

Tguy you on some other shit. This new spaceghostpurrp is way better than Blvcklvnd.
2012 is already such a good fucking year for hip-hop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom