• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dungeon Family photo shoot

Dungeon-Family-GQ-Shoot-Andre-3000-520x520.jpg

Gorillaz collaboration confirmed?

sure fucking looks like it. im hyped as hell now.

So I just found out today that Nas released the song Nasty in 2011. And a new album too.

Late to the party, of course, but fuck do I love just randomly finding this shit out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

The most interesting part of this is 50 and Dre still being in the studio. Media overblown beef?

Also lol @ mentioning every significant rapper ever as your influence. Q/50 comparisons validated though.

I've been listening to HnC exclusively for the past few weeks, I have to force myself away from it before I burn out, which I thought would've been a while ago. Q's delivery makes some of these songs sound timeless.

gotta tha purpa drank, got tha yella drank, and we mix it up, call it pikachu lilbcooking.gif

The most interesting part of this is 50 and Dre still being in the studio. Media overblown beef?

Also lol @ mentioning every significant rapper ever as your influence. Q/50 comparisons validated though.

I've been listening to HnC exclusively for the past few weeks, I have to force myself away from it before I burn out, which I thought would've been a while ago. Q's delivery makes some of these songs sound timeless.

gotta tha purpa drank, got tha yella drank, and we mix it up, call it pikachu lilbcooking.gif

That doesn't mean there is no tension. 50 is probably often in the studio with Dre, they're on the same label. Doesn't mean Dre is giving 50 any beats lol

50's soul must be burning. All that money and nobody gives a shit about him, outside of white people in Europe

girl from the practice video has a fat ass but she was too lazy with it

it was like a ferrari doing 20

edit: I saw vein get banned. I felt bad for homie, he was being a bit too hostile but it was outside the forum so whatever

That doesn't mean there is no tension. 50 is probably often in the studio with Dre, they're on the same label. Doesn't mean Dre is giving 50 any beats lol

50's soul must be burning. All that money and nobody gives a shit about him, outside of white people in Europe

If anything he has some decent old material to look back on and think, 'hey, I guess it wasn't all bad.'

Then he'll upload another video of himself with a bunch of money in a car.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I heard he's huge in Africa and non-English speaking countries though. That international money is what he eats off of.

Yo Gotti

Banned

I doubt it.

The dude got hella rich, and didn't die trying.

He's probably happy as fuck investing his money in all kinds of long term businesses.

I heard he's huge in Africa and non-English speaking countries though. That international money is what he eats off of.

I can attest to this. They don't know any better in Africa.

Basically anyone who reaches superstar status stays that way, they don't listen to much else. When I was there all they were listening to was 2pac and 50. I tried to put my cousins onto some other shit but they weren't having any of it. It helps that he has a somewhat distinctive voice that has its own strange melody to it for a non-native english speaker

http://club.livemixtapes.com/download/15972/fki_transformers_n_the_hood.html

Haven't listened yet but I figure somebody here might be interested.....
*cosign, cool shit
Not really rap but M.I.A's new video just wrapped the year up for videos already. Seriously, it's inspiring how awesome it is. It's giving me the same kind of feeling that Hype Williams videos used to give me back in the day. Just that epic , blow your mind feeling. It's not even some kind of amazing concept, or a new one. It just goes together with the music so well, it fits and it's perfect. The best videos are the ones that either A) Fit the song like a favorite shoe or B) Elevate the song even higher. This fucking does both. If you watch this video, hear this song, and not want to just go out and do something amazing, you're soulless.
first time hearing this song and watching this video. Shit is so damn cool. I won't lie, I watched this about 8 times a row.
http://snd.sc/yWCiuq

This is the chopped and screwed song for those who missed it.

pretty nice, cool beat wish I could hear the words a bit better.

I'm tired of being teased! :(

Not really rap but M.I.A's new video just wrapped the year up for videos already. Seriously, it's inspiring how awesome it is. It's giving me the same kind of feeling that Hype Williams videos used to give me back in the day. Just that epic , blow your mind feeling. It's not even some kind of amazing concept, or a new one. It just goes together with the music so well, it fits and it's perfect. The best videos are the ones that either A) Fit the song like a favorite shoe or B) Elevate the song even higher. This fucking does both. If you watch this video, hear this song, and not want to just go out and do something amazing, you're soulless.

Song is B tier without the video. With the video though, god damn!

That's the best video I've seen in a long fucking while!

Ephemeris

Not really rap but M.I.A's new video just wrapped the year up for videos already. Seriously, it's inspiring how awesome it is. It's giving me the same kind of feeling that Hype Williams videos used to give me back in the day. Just that epic , blow your mind feeling..

Dope video. Saw an ad for it earlier but skipped on it. Glad I saw it mentioned on here.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Song is just as sick as the video, that beat is ridiculous, I need the instrumental.

Recon

Banned
Alright peeps, I'm out this thread. Realized I have been spending way too much time on Gaf. Bout to take a long break from this shit to concentrate on music/school/health. If any of yall need me, this is my email: zacheberhard@gmail.com

Stay Gangsta Gaf-Hop!

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
welp. guess i am soulless.

nah song & vid are pretty dope. good shit.

Video is good, beat is great, but come on, the lyrics made me stop halfway through.

I mean, come on
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*

Had to gif my 3 favorite people from this video

iosBD5S7x4fSR.gif

IrishNinja

goddamn, drake is dumb as hell using a real chick's voice, like that's not an invitation for a cash-in. no sympathy there.

...just realized i never heard dungeon family album. huh.

just saw these on okayplayer (images are clickable):

gonna check this out tonight, dug the last mix i heard from boogie. thanks man.

I don't know if anyone here cares but Earl sweatshirt is apparently on his way home, with tupacs mentor or something like that.

http://www.alternativeinterventionmodels.org/

nice. gonna be more hyped about the next OF show if he's in it.

Fuck you guys I ain't got coldvein's back

motherfucker always posting that awkward white boy pic and shit

you cold as ice
man ima catch another 1 day ban just to see what mud gets slung when im gone.
"fuckaIrishninja, talkin bout crusty ass wu and tribe alla time"
"...who?"

Ive had this idea forever....but...I want to take straight super club instrumentals, and spit Real meaningful rhymes over them. I always felt like the juxtaposition of it would be interesting. Secondly, I love club stuff cause I hit clubs often, but I am a hiphop head so I wanna fuse the two, cause I usually hate the lyrics/rappers on most club shit. Songs I am referring to are shit like spin me right around by flo rida....fly like a g6 by far east movement.....top of the world by cataracs...... different shit by david guetta....etc

i can dig it, was trying to think of examples of such and couldn't come up with one...that's pretty cool in itself.

Alright peeps, I'm out this thread. Realized I have been spending way too much time on Gaf. Bout to take a long break from this shit to concentrate on music/school/health. If any of yall need me, this is my email: zacheberhard@gmail.com

Stay Gangsta Gaf-Hop!

do your thing, con! catch you there or g+ when i remember to login, haha. be easy man.

ps
I'm not gonna lie that ass just might be a bit too big, plus I got slightly distracted that her room was messy :lol

I'm not gonna lie that ass just might be a bit too big

that ass just might be a bit too big

that ass too big

iUy7wSBjCWR7F.gif

mileS

fuckin awesome! seriously.

TheOddOne

Drake Sued by Ex-Girlfriend Over 'Marvin's Room'
Drake is being sued by a woman who says she is the voice on the other end of the phone call in his hit song "Marvin's Room." Ericka Lee, who says that she is the rapper's ex-girlfriend, has filed a suit claiming she was excluded from sharing co-writer royalties for the song, which is featured on his best-selling album Take Care.

According to papers filed by Lee in Los Angeles, she and Drake had a romantic and business relationship between early 2010 and mid-2011. Lee claims the two traded poems and lyrics over the course of their relationship and discussed collaborative projects. Drake allegedly agree to work with her on "Marvin's Room" and split the earnings. She was originally intended to record a hook for the track and perform a monologue that would frame the lyrics. The rapper supposedly acknowledged her contributions to the piece in several texts, including one that apparently reads "U basically made that song."

Lee and Drake's relationship ended completely after the song was released. The rapper reportedly offered her 2 percent of the publishing royalties for the song, and later raising the offer to 4-5 percent along with a $50,000 settlement. Lee is now seeking a co-writing credit for the song as well as undisclosed damages.
000s8ag6

000s97fs

SoilBreak

Banned

Mannie Fresh Discusses Possibly Signing To G.O.O.D. Music ?

DX: Going back to that [tour] clip, you’re seen in there giving a nice little motivational speech to the G.O.O.D. Music fam. So does this mean you’re officially G.O.O.D. Music in-house yourself now?

Mannie Fresh: Well, we working that out. I’m kind of funny about signing with people. Dude, I’ve been through so much. And I’m not saying I think Kanye is a bad person, but I can’t tell you what that is right now. It’s really on me, and what space I’m in. I’m not saying that I wouldn’t do it, but it’s gotta be something that makes sense for me.

DX: Was any sort of formal offer put forward, or any extending of the hand saying “If you want to, come on”?

Mannie Fresh: I can’t really say if [there was]. It’s one of them things where – Let me just put it like this, Kanye is kinda mysterious about the things that he do. And I can’t really let no cats out the bag. I’m sorry to give you an answer like that, but I can’t really say what’s in the works. Y’all just gotta wait to see what happens.

DX: That’s cool. I gotta ask the next question though: Can you tell the readers of HipHopDX what you were doing in that pic that surfaced a few weeks back of you and Pusha T working together?

Mannie Fresh: Oh yeah, we in the studio, definitely working. That’s what I do; I’m a producer. But, I just think that – Like I said, y’all just gotta hold on and wait. I’m in somebody else’s house right now, so I gotta go by they rules. I think it would be kinda disrespectful if I went against what was asked of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom