• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can all agree that Cudi is an exception to this "rule". Dude just sucks ass now that he doesn't smoke anymore.
I'd rather him be off blow. I'm sure if he didn't get into that, everyone would like his second album more.

His rock endeavors don't really correlate to him stopping smoking since WZRD was thought up before he quit.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'd rather him be off blow. I'm sure if he didn't get into that, everyone would like his second album more.

His rock endeavors don't really correlate to him stopping smoking since WZRD was thought up before he quit.

MOTM2>MOTM1

it1A7KAmuEsRs.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

How can you even say everyone would like his second album more if it's so greatly and clearly influenced by the coke habit?

No one knows what MotM2 would be like without that in his life.

I've warmed up to MotM2, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's not as consistent as MotM1.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
MOTM2>MOTM1

Incorrect but we appreciate your participation. Please take a complimentary muffin and tote bag on your way out.

I was listening to Natural Born Killaz earlier and it reminded me of when I was in middle school and got into a fight with a classmate. This kid and I were constantly fighting, he was about twice my size, german, ginger, and just rubbed my friends and I the wrong way. I'm sure we were dicks to him and probably provoked the whole situation but whatever.
So we are in art class one day and we get into it, eventually leading to us pushing and shoving each other. He must have slipped on something or just lost his balance because while I always held my own, this kid was much bigger than I and I shouldn't have been able to get him off his feet that easily.
So I'm standing there, all amped up on adrenaline and feeling like king of the world. With my chubby 13 year old white jewish jewfro having ass looming over him while he scrambles to get back on his feet. Suddenly the line from the intro to natural born killaz pops into my head for no reason I can figure out and I find myself doing the whole "wassup" head nod while throwing my arms up and screaming the first taunt that came to mind at this pasty white ginger kid
"FUCK YOU N***A CUZ I CAN!"

I have no fucking idea why I said it, but I still laugh thinking about it, so bizarre.

Tokubetsu

wenis

You're incorrect Wenis. I hope you know this.

nah, it's the better record. I haven't given MOTM1 an actual full spin in a long fucking time, but MOTM2 still has a home on my regularly played albums. Has a better atmosphere and much more tightly concise in execution.

just never fucking mention Erase Me and I won't bite your fucking head off

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
nah, it's the better record. I haven't given MOTM1 an actual full spin in a long fucking time, but MOTM2 still has a home on my regularly played albums. Has a better atmosphere and much more tightly concise in execution.

just never fucking mention Erase Me and I won't bite your fucking head off
The fact that Erase Me is easily is in the top 50% of the songs on MotM2 says a lot.

I don't get the hate for it. Erase Me >>>>> Can't Get Enough as far as single tracks go too.

Kad5

You're so cute Phoenix.

It's a nice flip. You maybe go a little to heavy with the vocal sample before the beat proper comes in. Let the soundscape breathe a little. I love the bass though.

I did that so it's somewhat different from the original sample. I don't want people to think they are listening to the same song I sampled. I wanted people to know it was something different so I played with the vocals.

wenis

Erase Me is hot fucking garbage and completely ruins the feel of the entire record when it pops up right after that really satisfying and mellow first half.

Tokubetsu

I'll be honest and back up Wenis (a bit) here. I go back to MOTM2 more than 1. From "Wild'n Cuz I'm Young" to "The End" is perfect. Perfect. Puts most of MOTM1 to shame.

Maniac > *

wenis

and We Aite to Ashin Kusher is perfect music to smoke to, a Quadfecta of perfectness if you will.

CRS

I will say this. Make her say is a shit track and doesn't belong on the album. Same with Erase Me.

Link to the tape? Or is it retail?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I will say this. Make her say is a shit track and doesn't belong on the album. Same with Erase Me.

Link to the tape? Or is it retail?
Well Kanye and CuDi made it (Poke Her Face) when they were screwing around, and it got big enough so why not put it on the album? Erase me was explicitly made to be a single though.

These are higher up decisions.

CRS

Well Kanye and CuDi made it (Poke Her Face) when they were screwing around, and it got big enough so why not put it on the album? Erase me was explicitly made to be a single though.

These are higher up decisions.
I'm aware that Make Her Say is a management addition. Same with Erase Me.

It doesn't make them any better. I still mainly skip both whenever they come up. Make Her Say more than Erase Me.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Make her say is fucking awful. How that ever got popular is beyond me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Make her say is fucking awful. How that ever got popular is beyond me.
You should check out this Lady GaGa chick, I hear she has a decent following. GaGa cosigned it herself, etc.

Song is alright, doesn't get many spins from me but it didn't morally offend me as a fan. Was done for shits and giggles, leaked, blew up from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom