• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Anyone here like dubstep/electronic stuff? I don't usually, but I'm really really into this mixtape
cover.jpg

Pretty cool remixes, mostly of hip hop songs, theres a Daddys Lambo, Ballin, Wild Boy, Hard in the Paint, and a bunch of other stuff.

Seriously, I just threw this on at the pregame last night and it was great; love how all the tracks are mixed together too.

DL LINK: http://club.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/15862/reckless_wobbles.html

overcast

Holy shit, I haven't listened to MOTM 1 in like a year. Certified modern classic imo. This album was huge in my Junior year of HS. Damn.

Soundtrack 2 My Life is my fucking jam.

nns3d

The only songs I can really listen to of MotM1 are Hyyerr, Sky Might Fall and My World. I liked A Kid Named CuDi a lot more honestly.

overcast

Playing A Kid Named Cudi right now. It's close for me. Whenever is such a good "love" track. Man On The Moon was the first Cudi song I heard that made me want to listen to him. Loved that shit.

Atmosphere and Cudi summed up Soph/Junior year of HS. Depressed time I guess lol.

I don't like Hyyerr lol.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Didn't like Kid named Cudi at all, MOTM still gets play from me, although my opinion of Cudi has fallen very low.

It being big in Overcast's junior year of high school makes me feel so old though. I was in grad school doing an internship in Argentina when that was big...I was 27..

Tokubetsu

Anyone here like dubstep/electronic stuff? I don't usually, but I'm really really into this mixtape
Pretty cool remixes, mostly of hip hop songs, theres a Daddys Lambo, Ballin, Wild Boy, Hard in the Paint, and a bunch of other stuff.

Seriously, I just threw this on at the pregame last night and it was great; love how all the tracks are mixed together too.

What you been up to Peterboy?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Didn't like Kid named Cudi at all, MOTM still gets play from me, although my opinion of Cudi has fallen very low.

It being big in Overcast's junior year of high school makes me feel so old though. I was in grad school doing an internship in Argentina when that was big...I was 27..
kid named cudi>>motm1>>motm2.

well imo.

nns3d

Playing A Kid Named Cudi right now. It's close for me. Whenever is such a good "love" track. Man On The Moon was the first Cudi song I heard that made me want to listen to him. Loved that shit.

Atmosphere and Cudi summed up Soph/Junior year of HS. Depressed time I guess lol.

I don't like Hyyerr lol.

I really enjoyed songs like Man on the Moon and The Prayer. Hyyerr's a love it or hate it track, I remember one of my friends posting a link to the song when MotM came out and I fell in love with the song the first time I heard it.

Tokubetsu

I really enjoyed songs like Man on the Moon and The Prayer. Hyyerr's a love it or hate it track, I remember one of my friends posting a link to the song when MotM came out and I fell in love with the song the first time I heard it.

I've always maintained that Chips verse on MoTM1 is one of the best things about that album (I love that album, for the record.

"Cuz life is short/ filled with lots of grief and doubt/ so I just, pull that bag of colorful frosty leaves on out & free my scalp"

nns3d

I've always maintained that Chips verse on MoTM1 is one of the best things about that album (I love that album, for the record.

"Cuz life is short/ filled with lots of grief and doubt/ so I just, pull that bag of colorful frosty leaves on out & free my scalp"

Oh no doubt. I love his flow on Hyyerr too, on some Bone Thugs ishhh.

OG Kush

yall need to check out some cudis even earlier stuff:
Wasting my minutes (produced by 88 keys)
Kid Cudi and asher roth freestyle (seriously dope)
Love Stoned freestyle
Paper planes freestyle
I also feel hes got a good verse on Jacki Chain's remix of rollin@
Rollin remix

man, Kid cudi aint the most lyrical rapper by far, but he USED TO actually be decent. He alright on MOTM1 (imo), then flopped on MOTM2 and espeically recent stuff. He just sounds like hes half mumbling and cant even write decent lyrics.
basically, cudi needs to start smoking weed again and stop all this rock bullshit.

overcast

yall need to check out some cudis even earlier stuff:
Wasting my minutes (produced by 88 keys)
Kid Cudi and asher roth freestyle (seriously dope)
Love Stoned freestyle
Paper planes freestyle
I also feel hes got a good verse on Jacki Chain's remix of rollin@
Rollin remix
This is good, and I love that part of love stoned. Pretty awesome.

He was never great lyrically (occasional flashes), but A Kid Named Cudi and MOTM1 were pretty great musically. Love that shit.

man, Kid cudi aint the most lyrical rapper by far, but he USED TO actually be decent. He alright on MOTM1 (imo), then flopped on MOTM2 and espeically recent stuff. He just sounds like hes half mumbling and cant even write decent lyrics.
basically, cudi needs to start smoking weed again and stop all this rock bullshit.
It's funny you should say this because while in Man on the Moon II his Cuddernese/mumbling is pretty evident, you can actually hear what he's saying in his WZRD tracks. Glad he's off the drugs if I can hear what he says without a lyric book.

He mumbles on Perfect Is The Word too, but I'd chalk that up for it being created during the MOTM2 era.

Edit: My favorite pre-A Kid Named Cudi tracks:

- Do It Alone
- I Be
- Never Come Down

/stan

Tokubetsu

My Cudi dream album scenario involves him starting to smoke weed again, and doing an EP with ratatat production. I always liked Pursuit of Happiness but Alive has always been my jam.

siddx

Yeah I'm pretty much done with his bitch fuck ass unless he gets back with ratatat or finds at least similar production.

Macca

cover.jpg

This is pretty hot. I'm enjoying it. I'm a big fan of electronica, not so much dubstep, but I'm liking this a lot.

IrishNinja

don't let overcast make you feel old, siddx. we're immortals, and dude is like 17, it can't be helped.

also, my lastfm page

Ayo duns, my brother is in the Peace Corps and wants me to help him get folks to vote for a project being considered for his area (Kenya). It's a rehabilitation house for disabled children. You just have to sign up, then vote for the project
http://www.dellchallenge.org/projects/grace-sustainability-project

Wu Tang is for kids and so is GAF Hop

signed up & voted, tell your boy keep at it.

Listing to this now.....it is fucking breathtaking to hear back and forth Nas and Black Thought verses in rapidfire doses. This is some Godzilla vs. King Kong shit on the mic

..okay, bumping that one (and quik mix) up in queue!

CRS

A favorite part of the GAF-Hop cycle, Cudi talk.

I actually missed Cudi's initial appearance. Listened to MotM1 and then started going back to his earlier material. MotM1 will always be my favorite album from him and one of my all time favorites because it got me through a lot of shit at the time, and still does.

+1 yo whomever mentioned Alive. Favorite track off the album. Really wish Ratatat slapped some sense into Cudi.

siddx

that still means you gotta wiki NES games, man. it's all relative to a ninja.

lmao, "you gotta wiki nes games" I'll have to remember that. Shit at 19 you gotta wiki snes games too! Fuck...maybe even n64 games....

siddx

This is pretty hot. I'm enjoying it. I'm a big fan of electronica, not so much dubstep, but I'm liking this a lot.

Yeah I got it loaded up for my drive back from boston. I don't like most dubstep but when it's mixed well with hip hop it's quite enjoyable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A favorite part of the GAF-Hop cycle, Cudi talk.

I actually missed Cudi's initial appearance. Listened to MotM1 and then started going back to his earlier material. MotM1 will always be my favorite album from him and one of my all time favorites because it got me through a lot of shit at the time, and still does.

+1 yo whomever mentioned Alive. Favorite track off the album. Really wish Ratatat slapped some sense into Cudi.
Yup. I never liked Pursuit of Happiness that much but Alive and CuDi Zone have the most plays from me off of that album.

Also, the best part of A KiD Named CuDi is Man on the Moon to The Prayer transition. Two of the best song and they mesh so well together. Embrace The Martian never gets enough love, probably my favourite Cudder song period.

overcast

lmao, "you gotta wiki nes games" I'll have to remember that. Shit at 19 you gotta wiki snes games too! Fuck...maybe even n64 games....
No sir. I was raised on SNES, and N64/PS1 (these two especially). My older brother helped be big time of course. I played NES a bit here and there. Donkey Kong Country 2 is one of my favorite games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom