• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
It's complete bs. Money or popular or w.e, she can't be on that list it makes no sense. It just because. "we need a female role model there so we can feel like it's a good list.

You know if they wanted females on the list then they should out wiz what's his face. On there a few more times.

I like looking at her. I couldn't say the same for Lil Kim back in the day.

Oh and when's the XXL freshman list coming up? I hope Q, Brown and Bronson made it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
welcome dude. since you've been lurking you oughta know, but i'll say it anyway
avoid ReconYoda, PhoenixDark, and siddx like Jay Elec avoids a studio
or a shower

Ain't that bad for Jay Elec, GLC is giving him some mighty fine sponge baths right now I'm guessing.

Macca

Nicki making that list makes sense to me. It seems like some rappers are on there for talent, some for popularity and you really can't deny Nicki is popular.

Drake, Eminem, Jay Z, Ye, Nas, T.I. and Jeezy. I dont see any problem with those being o the list. And I guess you'd have to include Wayne too. He's too popular.

Big Sean? Wale? meh
Nicki Minaj? Lol.

Fuck Rick Ross.

Also lol @ Wiz. No fucking way, sorry.

And then every one else makes no sense to me. Oh well.

Edit: Shit I just noticed Lupe isnt on here. I know its popular here to shit on the dude for Lasers but nothing will take away the greatness that is the Cool, and the classic status that is Food and Liquor. Its easy now to forget that he has had THREE albums. Fuck all the haters and I seriously hope F&L2 is a return to form, partly so everyone can just shut the fuck up.

930MV.gif

Bias aside, you can make arguments for some of these cats. The bolded? No fucking way. How does these guys end up on these lists?

yea, maino in particular makes me scratch my head....being that not only is he garbage on the mic, but he is not "hot" or "trending/relevant" at the moment....so i dont get it.

Kusagari

I have literally never read/heard Red Cafe's name anywhere outside of the couple times he's been mentioned in this thread.

Dude is like a ghost.

Macca

Drake, Eminem, Jay Z, Ye, Nas, T.I. and Jeezy. I dont see any problem with those being o the list. And I guess you'd have to include Wayne too. He's too popular.

Big Sean? Wale? meh
Nicki Minaj? Lol.

Fuck Rick Ross.

Also lol @ Wiz. No fucking way, sorry.

And then every one else makes no sense to me. Oh well.

Edit: Shit I just noticed Lupe isnt on here. I know its popular here to shit on the dude for Lasers but nothing will take away the greatness that is the Cool, and the classic status that is Food and Liquor. Its easy now to forget that he has had THREE albums. Fuck all the haters and I seriously hope F&L2 is a return to form, partly so everyone can just shut the fuck up.
Lasers was not a good album. I don't know how you'd expect him to be on that list based off that.

I guess it's a February miracle and everyone got their accounts validated. I have this thread to thank for a lot of rap this year, so it feels good to finally post in here.

1. Rank Kanye's albums
    MBDTF>WTT, I haven't listen to stuff from before his breakdown, I think he'll personally be redeeming himself for that for a long, long time and that's the Kanye I want to hear.
  2. Pick a coast to rep
    West, but all hope lies in Lamar and Schoolboy
  3. Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
    2Pac, what other gansta rapper could pull off Wonder Why They Call U Bitch or Dear Mama?
  4. Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
    Wiz is softer than that protein powder sitting in an unopened jar by his nightstand.
  5. Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
    Jay-Z, because Nas could never successfully make an album as lazy as WTT
  6. Flocka or Royce?
    I've never heard a single word of Royce rapping, so I guess he wins by default.
  7. What you think of J. Cole?
    Dude has great cornball potential, he'd already be huge if he was 2/3 less corny and could put out a decent single.
  8. Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
    Ghostface, love the insanity
  9. Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
    Never heard anyone deny either, though I've heard people swear by DAT FLOW
  10. Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
    Lasers put him at 6, FOTP got him back to 7.5, I hope to see him back at his usual 8.5 someday.
  11. Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
    Lil B is so stupid, congress could shut down youtube citing him as evidence
  12. Pick an era of Eminem
    Slim Shady era, I like him crazy and he only has a few songs I like to hear him be thoughtful on.
  13. How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
    I'll admit, I've been avoiding most of his music since his J. Cole feature about fucking a horse
  14. Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
    His features range from great to OK, I'd say there's a 50% chance he's washed up
  15. Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
    Never gave him a listen.

AOTY
1. Big KRIT - The Return of 4eva
2. Kendrick Lamar - Section.80
3. The Roots - Undun
4. Nujabes - Spiritual State
5. Common - The Dreamer, The Believer
6. Jay-Z and Kanye West - Watch the Throne
7. Dessa - Castor, the Twin
8. Blue Scholars - Cinemetropolis
9. XV - Zero Heroes
10. Young Jeezy - TM 103

Honorable Mentions: B.O.B. - E.P.I.C., Doomtrees - No Kings, Chuuwee - Watching the Throne Lupe Fiasco - FOTP
Albums I should've listened to: Apathy - Honkey Kong, Cunninlynguists - Oneirology, Pharoahe Monch - W.A.R.
Albums that are exactly what the artist wanted, but not exactly what I wanted: Saigon - GSNT, One Be Lo - Labor, Lupe Fiasco - Friend of the People
Man of the Year: Big KRIT

Yeah, it's weird not being able to speak to the regulars in the thread like friends. You already feel like you know them from the years of lurking and shit.

And no Kendrick on that list just kills the whole thing for me.
How ya'll feel about hopsin? I don't really like him, but my roommate is riding his dick.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
That list is awful. It's no surprise considering that most of the mainstream shit out there is awful...so there's their excuse.

Yeah, it's weird not being able to speak to the regulars in the thread like friends. You already feel like you know them from the years of lurking and shit.

And no Kendrick on that list just kills the whole thing for me.
How ya'll feel about hopsin? I don't really like him, but my roommate is riding his dick.

Hopsin isn't bad, but he wants to be Eminem too much.s
My current roommate says Wiz Khalifa is his fave.
Good thing he doesn't really fuck with Rolling Papers too much.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Based entirely on who's hot, I'd say...

(Eminem is only on there because he's still the biggest rapper in the world, despite not releasing anything this year)

You might be able to argue Ross is either near the end of the list or not on it, due to his illness/not releasing an album.

Comeback rapper has to be Jeezy, as his career seemed dead not long ago.

yeah that's all it is.. when you make a remix one of these guys or gal is on it..

Also how was Jeezy dead? He was coming off of his best work yet with the recession

Esch

Banned
Strange to hear about non-members lurking the thread lol.
Yeah man. Its like, damn. They been watchin us all this time? They know our personalities and shit? Our conflicts? Our likes? Our dislikes? That's too much man. Too much.

Nujabes' birthday today. He would have been 38. :(

;____;

Pour one out for one of the greatest to ever touch a turntable

2nd tier battle rapper

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yeah that's all it is.. when you make a remix one of these guys or gal is on it..

Also how was Jeezy dead? He was coming off of his best work yet with the recession

Recession was 2008, 3 years ago. Jeezy was silent while TM103 bubbled and Ross took over the south. There was a period of a year and a half minimum when people forgot Jeezy existed.

kamspy

Recession was 2008, 3 years ago. Jeezy was silent while TM103 bubbled and Ross took over the south. There was a period of a year and a half minimum when people forgot Jeezy existed.
Depends where. Casual rap fans around here bumped the hell out of the Jeezy mixtapes.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Not really... Dude was doing mad mixtapes, remixes and features...

Detox

Tyga's Careless World: Rise Of The Last King tracklist

1. Careless World 4:29
2. Lil Homie 3:54
3. Muthafuckka Up (ft. Nicki Minaj) 3:54
4. Echoes Interlude 0:55
5. Do It All 4:54
6. I’m Gone 4:54
7. For The Fame 3:52
8. Birdman Interlude 0:50
9. Potty Mouth 4:44
10. Faded (ft. Lil Wayne) 3:26
11. Rack City 3:23
12. Black Crowns 5:26
13. Celebration 3:01
14. Far Away (ft. Chris Richardson) 3:26
15. Mystic AKA Mado Kara Mieru Interlude 0:23
16. This Is Like 4:18
17. King & Queens (ft. Nas & Wale) 4:08
18. Let It Show 3:59
19. Love Game 7:34
20. Lay You Down 4:05
21. Light Dreams 3:48

E-40 & Erykah Badu Recorded Together In College, According To Boots Riley explains why some people can't listen to E-40, that Badu pussy

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG... Nas, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys and a whole orchestra performed NY State of Mind live... I need a video

EDIT: All I can find http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ZUiuncBbI :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick Lamar > J. Cole > Big K.R.I.T. > Jadakiss > Bun B > Gudda Gudda > Trae Tha Truth > B.o.B. > Tyga

I'm On verses. Step your game up B.o.B.

njean777

Exactly what I thought when I heard it.

I think he is friends with all of them, every show in Houston either Bun/Trae shows up and supports them. H-Town is not as hostile about new cats and shit, we share the love around here.

You are talking about a city that squashed all beef with the release of one song from Pimp C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom