• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Calm down Enzo it's only part of the cycle...

Life gets better once you see that Ye is better at making ignorant music..

Blackace

How can you even suggest this with TCD?

Don't tell me you don't like TCD now and your one of the weirdos that don't rate it his best.

I like College Dropout.. but outside of that his ignorant stuff has been better...

T Dollarz

I love everything Kanye has put out except 808s. Props for citing the Be production, so good. While I would say College Dropout is my favorite, I think there is something to love about each album and people can make a case for any of them to be "the best".

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Talk to the talk to the haaaaand you talking to a grown ass maannn!!

yes!!!

Thats one of my big issues with kanye the rapper. The whole stretch the lyric out shit. Every time I hear it I want to stab him in the fucking throaaaaaaaaaaaat.
It's so fucking lazy and obnoxious and sounds awful.

Blackace

Thats one of my big issues with kanye the rapper. The whole stretch the lyric out shit. Every time I hear it I want to stab him in the fucking throaaaaaaaaaaaat.
It's so fucking lazy and obnoxious and sounds awful.

But that song Otis and NiP are some of my favorite Ye stuff in the last few years

siddx

But that song Otis and NiP are some of my favorite Ye stuff in the last few years

I thought otis's production was messy and downright ugly. Hated that song from the first listen. NIP has grown on me a quite bit but kanye ruins it everytime he opens his stupid fucking mouth.
Also was recently informed that kanye pretty much stole the term cray from the gay community and teenage girls, both of whom have been using the term for years.

Blackace

I thought otis's production was messy and downright ugly. Hated that song from the first listen. NIP has grown on me a quite bit but kanye ruins it everytime he opens his stupid fucking mouth.
Also was recently informed that kanye pretty much stole the term cray from the gay community and teenage girls, both of whom have been using the term for years.

Otis? a mess? it wasn't smooth... but I really dig the energy. Would have been the 2nd best song on WTT...

I love everything Kanye has put out except 808s. Props for citing the Be production, so good. While I would say College Dropout is my favorite, I think there is something to love about each album and people can make a case for any of them to be "the best".

808's is the shit if you've been fucked over by a girl you really cared about.
... not that I have... shit..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Otis wasn't meant to be smooth. The production is amazing on that song. Reminds me of Let The Beat Build, you get this continual sense that the song is getting more and more amped up. The way it's chopped up is the reason why it's so great. Also Kanye's verse on NiP is great too, compliments Jay's style so well.

YO WHIP SO COLLLLLLLL

Random anecdote: Otis, New Day, Illest Motherfucker Alive and NiP are 4 incredibly well put together/formatted songs on WTT.

tl;dr siddx is wrong about everything.

Otis was such a grating song. Murder to Excellence and The Joy were the best WTT tracks, though I NiP is the best to blast, and everyone knows the words to it.

siddx

Otis wasn't meant to be smooth. The production is amazing on that song. Reminds me of Let The Beat Build, you get this continual sense that the song is getting more and more amped up. The way it's chopped up is the reason why it's so great. Also Kanye's verse on NiP is great too, compliments Jay's style so well.

YO WHIP SO COLLLLLLLL

Random anecdote: Otis, New Day, Illest Motherfucker Alive and NiP are 4 incredibly well put together/formatted songs on WTT.

tl;dr siddx is wrong about everything.

Except I'm not. I've never been wrong. Will never be wrong. I am a god amongst men. My semen births new universes.

Blackace

Otis was such a grating song. Murder to Excellence and The Joy were the best WTT tracks, though I NiP is the best to blast, and everyone knows the words to it.

NiP is the greatest track on WTT... in fact the album should be called NiP NiP NiP

Huh? No way!

Sorry but you know it to be true

YO WHIP SO COLLLLLLLL

Yup! Otis is the dopeness

Lhexh

Apologies if I hurt feelings and brought back the Kanye cycle. College dropout was too preachy for me. A classic definitely though.

Guess I am the only one that loves Who Gon Stop Me.

Tied with No Church in the Wild for me. Hearing Kanye go "HAAAH?" captured that angry emotion perfectly, kinda like hearing Bart Simpson say "meh" for the first time.

Since Boots Riley was brought up a few pages ago, does anyone have any opinions on The Coup?

Ashhong

Needs more Late Registration love. GONE is a fucking masterpiece. The last verse is Kanye at his best imo

What the summer of the Chi got to offer an 18-year-old
Sell drugs or get a job, you gotta play gyro
My dawg worked at Taco Bell, hooked us up plural
Fired a week later the manager count the churros
Sometimes I can't believe it when I look up in the mirrow
How we out in Europe, spendin Euros
They claim you never know what you got 'til it's GONE
I know I got it, I don't know what y'all on
I'ma open up a store for aspiring MC's
Won't sell 'em no dream, but the inspiration is free
But if they ever flip sides like Anakin
You'll sell everything includin the mannequin
They got a new bitch now you Jennifer Aniston
Hold on I'll handle it, don't start panickin, stay calm
Shorty's at the door cause they need more
Inspiration for they life, they souls, and they songs
They said sorry Mr. West is gone!

SoilBreak

Banned
tIK8U.jpg

Ashhong

word

Ye's verse on Drive Slow is some of the smoothest shit I've ever heard in my life

Not only Ye's best, but one of the best hip-hop albums ever, imo

I think CD is overall better than LR, so many classics, but the highs in LR are higher than CD, mainly because of Gone.

njean777

That Kendrick interview was good, and props to Rosenberg for bringing that up to Q. Rappers need to be careful of the image they portray as most people are ignorant and will not know that the song has a deeper meaning as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom