• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
RJT said:
Macca, you should add other regulars talking over the wall (like the original cover). Like Recon looking for minivans to shoot and Kampsy liking horrible music.

yeeeesssss

and siddx just cussing

Detox

It might be that I'm looking at it on my phone but it just curves too much or a bit too fat. I might just be seeing things.

joelseph

overcast said:
After listening to the mixtape multiple times, I don't understand why ASAP was paid 3 million dollars. It was a solid tape, but there is no way the dude makes it really big.

He is already a huge name in a big scene movement that is only getting stronger, why wouldn't you want to back that?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
joelseph said:
He is already a huge name in a big scene movement that is only getting stronger, why wouldn't you want to back that?
Because it's not 1.5x Drake's movement kind of strong.

Though half of it was to help build a label though.

RJT

Is Keysha's Song the song of the year for everybody?

So many great lines:
"She plays Mr. Shakur, that's her favourite rapper
Bumping Brenda's got a baby while a pervert yellin' at her"

"Nothing really matters so she takes the backseat
Cause Rosa Parks never a factor when she's making end's meat" (and variations)

Powerfull stuff.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Blackace said:
yeeeesssss

and siddx just cussing
you fucking saying I swear to fucking much? fuck that shit I fucking have the muthafuckin mouth of an bitchass angel and shit in this muthafucka. you fucking feel that shit. I punch a twat like a fucking cuntdestroying assfucking fuck fucker.

hmmm maybe u have a point.

Throavium

Tguy said:
20111031-ASAP.jpg

Download

So many mixtapes out today... god damn.
Purple Swag Chapter 2 sealed the deal for me on this one.

Detox

RJT said:

So many great lines:

Powerfull stuff.
For some reason I can listen to Ronald Reagan Era for ever. Everything just fits in together so well.

RJT said:

So many great lines:

Powerfull stuff.

I agree 100%

Esch

Banned
RJT said:

So many great lines:

Powerfull stuff.
yep

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RJT said:

So many great lines:

Powerfull stuff.
Not my song of the year but easily one of them and definitely is my favorite off of Section80. I wish the rest of Section80 was like that, TBH. Keisha's Song is most of the reason I'm considering Section80 for AOTY (and HiiiPower).

great storytelling in that song but it's definitely not track of the year for me. I'd put Scottie Pippens and Druggys Wit Hoes above it any day.

TheOddOne

RJT said:

So many great lines:

Powerfull stuff.
The ending is really shocking... great stuff.

iavi

Discotheque said:
spiteful chant is stupid as shit but I have a soft spot for it. Best song on the album for me though is ADHD

I can't hate the spiteful chant. It is stupid as shit, but it does go.

siddx

spiteful chant is the best track on the album by far. Pretty average album all together though.

siddx said:
Pretty average album all together though.
I'm going to need your top 10 of this year please. Part of my reason is to say you are crazy and just to see what I might be missing that's better than Section 80.

Detox

It was a average album for me as well but on repeat listens it really grew on me. I wasn't feeling his voice or flow, but now I'm hyped for anything he does. Dre should do the album with him before Detox.

Detox said:
It was a average album for me as well but on repeat listens it really grew on me. I wasn't feeling his voice or flow, but now I'm hyped for anything he does. Dre should do the album with him before Detox.

No thanks

TheOddOne

Detox said:
"Everybody heard that I fuck with Dre and they wanna tell me I made it. Nigga I aint made shit, if he gave me a handout imma take his wrist and break it."

I'm with Lamar.

Kendrick Lamar has a strange flow, it's like he can't really keep up with the beats (or vice-versa). Section 80 was great but yeah I don't think he's a good fit for any producers outside of his in-house.

Meanwhile Schoolboy Q could murk whatever he's given. It's a shame him and Ab Soul are overlooked.

edit: lol I forgot about The City.....

TheOddOne said:
"Everybody heard that I fuck with Dre and they wanna tell me I made it. Nigga I aint made shit, if he gave me a handout imma take his wrist and break it."

I'm with Lamar.

dr-dre_3.jpg

good luck.

he looks like he ordered that inflatable muscle costume from spongebob.

overcast

RJT said:

So many great lines:

Powerfull stuff.
Up there. Top 3 on the album are Keisha's Song, Spiteful Chant, and Ronald Regan Era.

I do think Q has the best flow, as stated above.

abuC

Max Armstrong said:
Damn, that Amy Winehouse song with Nas is pretty good. Feels like it would even be better without Nasir though.

Whaaaaaaaaaa???????

His 2nd verse is Nasty Nas level stuff.

Detox

KAL2006 said:
anyone listen to Immortal Techniques's The Martyr
I posted my impressions earlier rich man's is good so is the title track but overall it's average. I would only recommend fans of Tech to check it out.

PD why wouldn't you want Dre to do the album first? Kendrick is waiting for Dre to release his proper album. This is a 'mixtape album' he released while waiting for Dre to finish Detox. The thing is I think Dre can do an album with him much faster than making Detox that he is happy with to release.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Discotheque said:
great storytelling in that song but it's definitely not track of the year for me. I'd put Scottie Pippens and Druggys Wit Hoes above it any day.
My man.

Also Dre is currently working/just finished Slim Tha Mobsters EP. I know nobody gives a shit about him here, but every song after the first he put out since he started making noise has been good, and I'm willing to give War Music a try.

Black & Brown is next on my list though, forgot to sync it this morning, but there's probably 20 big November releases I'm forgetting. All I can name off the top of my head is Radioactive.

abuC said:
Whaaaaaaaaaa???????

His 2nd verse is Nasty Nas level stuff.
I know, but Amy's voice was just sooooo good, I couldn't wait for the chorus to come back. I really love Nas, but felt that the song could have gone from really good, to song of the year contender without him. It's still really good like I said, but I don't like the trend of putting rappers on songs where rappers are not needed.

Detox

Isn't the Slim Mobster album with Dre the same situation as Kendrick's? As in the one coming out soon is more like a street album (I don't know what that means but he was using the term) and he is waiting for Detox to do his 'real' album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Detox said:
Isn't the Slim Mobster album with Dre the same situation as Kendrick's? As in the one coming out soon is more like a street album (I don't know what that means but he was using the term) and he is waiting for Detox to do his 'real' album.
Yeah, I think that's the idea. I wasn't aware though.. Kendrick is putting out a street album thing with Dre in the near future?

Slim's War Music is executively produced by Snoop and Dre though.. /triestocreatehope

I dont even know if I would like Kendrick on Dre beats, he has enough trouble going over hard beats. Eh, his flow has got better otherwise though, maybe it'll be alright.

siddx

Tguy said:
I'm going to need your top 10 of this year please. Part of my reason is to say you are crazy and just to see what I might be missing that's better than Section 80.

Rittz, Random Axe, Revolution of the Mind, Phonte, Mike Schpitz, Cunninlynguists, Green Street, Grieves, G-Eazy, E-40, DJ Quik, Apathy, Big Krit, Atmosphere, Hail Mary Mallon, and Dessa have all had more enjoyable projects this year. Although I'd put Section 80 in my top 20 of the year.

Oh and Jay Rock's album was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom