• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish kanye gifs were bannable. fucking unbearable with that shit sometimes. It's like clicking on one of those creepy threads about Korean popstars where every page has like ten gifs of bitches in stupid clothes giving peace signs and winking awkwardly. Kanye's mannerisms aren't adorable or something i wanna see in some fucking huge 1.3 second tumblr gif looped over and over again. I don't give a shit whether you like his shitty albums more than his good ones. Make the point and get it over with without ctrl+ving the same fucking gif of kanye tilting and smiling ad nauseam.

Sorry, i've been wanting to say that for a while.

*daps*

My moms hugged me plenty. The difference is that i had a dad too fam.

wtf.png

LOZLINK

Graduation was pretty much good for singles and thats it. Don't revisit any of the other songs on the album to be honest, outside of maybe Big Brother. College Dropout and LR are pretty much equal to me. Don't really like 808s, outside of Robocop, Welcome to Heartbreak and Heartless. Some of Kanye's best production though on that album, shame it was ruined by the autotune. MBDTF is pretty much just below LR/CD for me. Amazing album, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves, or can't accept change. Fucking bet ya'll are republicans too

T Dollarz

Graduation was pretty much good for singles and thats it. Don't revisit any of the other songs on the album to be honest, outside of maybe Big Brother. College Dropout and LR are pretty much equal to me. Don't really like 808s, outside of Robocop, Welcome to Heartbreak and Heartless. Some of Kanye's best production though on that album, shame it was ruined by the autotune. MBDTF is pretty much just below LR/CD for me. Amazing album, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves, or can't accept change. Fucking bet ya'll are republicans too
I agree with most of this. However , Graduation does have some good hidden gems too.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Paranoid was my shit off 808's. Love that song.

I'm all about love lockdown, even wrote some drum line stuff for it when the album first came out. sadly wasn't in marching band anymore to have a full line give it a shot.

Flashing Lights has such a great beat, too bad the lyrics and rapping are horrible. I can't hate on the song due to the beat/chorus though..

i'm really surprised people rank graduation so low. it's by far my favorite kanye album. opinions and all of that i guess. although i agree with the hate for barry bonds and drunk and hot girls. aside from those two i play every song on the album. really great piece of work. the hate for flashing lights puzzles me too. awesome song. it really pushed the boundaries of what a hip-hop song could sound like at the time. in fact, quite a few songs on the album did. you may not like him, but kanye is a GENIUS in the studio. really talented dude.

Tokubetsu

i'm really surprised people rank graduation so low. it's by far my favorite kanye album. opinions and all of that i guess. although i agree with the hate for barry bonds and drunk and hot girls. aside from those two i play every song on the album. really great piece of work. the hate for flashing lights puzzles me too. awesome song. it really pushed the boundaries of what a hip-hop song could sound like at the time. in fact, quite a few songs on the album did. you may not like him, but kanye is a GENIUS in the studio. really talented dude.

I think a lot of people dock it because it's almost entirely "ignorant" music. It threw me off at first but it's such a great album though. Killer production. I definitely agree with what Ace saying pages ago. That sound is Kanye at his best. He's only ever did the political and social bullshit well in one arena and that was on College Dropout. It was boring as fuck and out of place on Late Registration. He dropped it and his albums have been better for it. I like MBDTF, but it has a poor fucking master and that hurts it a LOT for me which is why I don't even rate it most of the time.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Kanye needs to do some remastered editions at some point soon. I don't want to have to wait till he dies to get all his albums with proper masters....that shit is going to be forever, especially when he buys the worlds first Louis Vuitton cyborg body. Then he'll never die.

Shits coming 2050, believe.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Kanye needs to do some remastered editions at some point soon. I don't want to have to wait till he dies to get all his albums with proper masters....that shit is going to be forever, especially when he buys the worlds first Louis Vuitton cyborg body. Then he'll never die.

Shits coming 2050, believe.

25th anniversary of MBTDF is coming up fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom