• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Throavium said:
If you watch the entire interview, you might come to the same conclusion that I came to, is that it may just be his natural personality.
I think you figer that out as soon as you find out that doom is gonna ware that mask through the whole interview. It looked so otta place.

Throavium

Complex Shadow said:
I think you figer that out as soon as you find out that doom is gonna ware that mask through the whole interview. It looked so otta place.
It's no surprise, you couldn't really expect him to ever take it off in front of a camera.

IrishNinja said:
paging ShinobiFist
Females and their drama. She'll be back once the alcohol and that skunk weed is out of their system. All of this happening with no EP hype, or Album.....Freaking chicken heads, I love them.

mooooose

Part of the reason I liked him on the A$AP tape is for the exact opposite that song is trying to achieve. He sounded like a super aggressive hungry post swag era (2004) NYC rapper. In that he just sounds like a weed rapper similar to A$AP which is fine, but he isn't that great.

Maybe that is just a dime a dozen verse...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
Schoolboy Q for TDE president.
How can he not be when he statistically has the baddest hoes and carries the finest weed. No matter where he goes, everyone knows where he be.

EDIT: moose listen to setbacks goddamnit.

mileS

HiResDes said:
apollo_brown-and-hassaan_mackey-daily-bread-cover-260x260.jpg

...There's no way I could leave it out of my top ten.

if it's anything like that track you posted a couple days ago/more of the same. I'm all over it.

Macca

As someone who didn't feel Teflon Don too much, damn I'm loving Rick Ross recently. Can't get enough. I love my bitches, Tupac Back, Tower Heist are on all repeat for me. He knows how to pick a goddamn beat.

IrishNinja

not to channel siddx too much, but i gotta be the ornery old man on that one - i cant abide tupac back.
it's got fuckall to do with pac (who i'm kinda sick of MC's biting like a decade and a half later) and it aint even a good track. ross talkin bout money and rims again, zzz...shit felt lazier than 50 putting himself on a B.I.G. track.

Macca

IrishNinja said:
not to channel siddx too much, but i gotta be the ornery old man on that one - i cant abide tupac back.
it's got fuckall to do with pac (who i'm kinda sick of MC's biting like a decade and a half later) and it aint even a good track. ross talkin bout money and rims again, zzz...shit felt lazier than 50 putting himself on a B.I.G. track.
Shit, should've clarified. I've been listening to the Outlawz remix that Ace featured in one of his mixes. Yea, fuck that shit with Meek Mill.

Also fuck the haters, listening to Eminem's greatest hits, Like Toy Soldiers is an amazing song.

Ovid

Dreams-Visions said:
*grumbles*

I'll give it a fair 3x through, but on first listen its offensively distant from Wale up to now. Most songs feel throw-away. They don't have the same personal feel and intimacy that he's been so known for. Boring, boring, boring content...with a side of "meh" beats. His delivery has never been stellar, so it was always the deep, introspective thoughts that made him nice to listen to. Ugh.

Edit: Just finished #11 and it's the only song I'd really want to hear again. That's a bit more like it, but the "yelling" delivery doesn't work for him or for me as a listener. Hook is annoying. Again, delivery is hard to listen to.
LOL...I thought the same exact thing when I first heard it. Just listen to it a few more times and you'll like it.

This Wale (Maybach Music) is WAY different from the previous one. I like the old Wale better. His lyrics were much deeper.

I thought there was suppose to be a Cudi track on the album?

Macca

Man. A little drunk and listening to hip hop of course.

Threw some liquid swords on, was thinking this might be my favorite album of all time, then I thought it'd have to go up against Illmatic. And then I heard

Straight out the fuckin' dungeons of rap
Where fake ni**as don't make it back...

And fuck. Illmatic can't be dethroned for me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Macca007 said:
Shit, should've clarified. I've been listening to the Outlawz remix that Ace featured in one of his mixes. Yea, fuck that shit with Meek Mill.

Also fuck the haters, listening to Eminem's greatest hits, Like Toy Soldiers is an amazing song.
People hate Like Toy Soldiers?

Disregard people. One of my favourite Em songs.

tarius1210 said:
LOL...I thought the same exact thing when I first heard it. Just listen to it a few more times and you'll like it.

This Wale (Maybach Music) is WAY different from the previous one. I like the old Wale better. His lyrics were much deeper.

I thought there was suppose to be a Cudi track on the album?

Focused features Kid Cudi

Just caught wind of Black Star planning to release an album in 2012.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Kweli said:
Me and Mos are focused on independence and quality of sound. We’re really into a Madlib/Dilla thing right now. Anything you hear from us is probably going to be that type of sound. And it’s about independence, so we are trying to find out the right mediums to get the songs out. When you heard “Fix Up” on Colbert, it wasn’t even mixed; it was something we recorded a week before. Now we’re at the mixing stage of the song and we are going to put that out ourselves. We have a bunch of songs recorded. We are just trying to figure out the best way to release them, whether it’s going to be one by one, EP or album. Right now, the plan is to release “Fix Up” and then Yaasin is working on aYaasin Bey Presents project and then we’ll see how it goes.

I am working to put out a Black Star project for people to buy sometime next year.

RJT

Kweli better not be kidding. Black Star is my favourite album ever and pretty much the reason why I fell in love with hip-hop. I can't imagine a follow-up being as good as the original, but we never know...

mileS

Yea that Daily Bread album is amazing. I can't think of a track on it that I don't like. That doesn't happen very often anymore at all.

listened to it front to back twice in a row lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TheOddOne said:
T.I. is putting in WORK right now, dude is tearing beats up left and right, I really didn't expect him to come back this strong, I thought dude was pretty much done for.

Detox said:
So the tracklisting for Slim The Mobster's War Music is out and it seems like Dre and Snoop isn't exec producing it
Ueu1p.jpg

Anyway most of the tracks are out, sounds decent nothing special so make what you will of it, Gunplay is an early favourite of mine.
“Dreaming ft. Nikki Grier”
What Goes Up ft. Snoop Dogg
Fuck You
Marta ft. Prodigy

"South Central Blues"
“Who’s House” Feat. Kendrick Lamar
Gunplay
Take It Easy

Well, shit. South Central Blues is my favourite, liked it a lot. Dude put out at on of videos in the past week. I'll still give it a listen.

Where's that big list of November releases, anyone got it on hand? I wanna know what I'm missing. Also, any more impressions of the Omen & Pusha tapes/EPs?

Beaulieu

I dunno if it's been dumped here already but TheSaurus (top3 active battle rappers in the world) released his album and it's FUCKIN good

Can be streamed here ; Bandcamp

Who cares about Black Star in 2011, let's be real. Kweli is alright still, but Mos still hasn't snapped out of his scat singing swag. No thanks

PhoenixDark said:
Who cares about Black Star in 2011, let's be real. Kweli is alright still, but Mos still hasn't snapped out of his scat singing swag. No thanks

Seriously? What about the Ecstatic and his features and shit?
Mos still has it.

Pinko Marx said:
Seriously? What about the Ecstatic and his features and shit?
Mos still has it.

Esctatic is good, but since then he's changed his name and wasted Madlib beats - an unforgivable crime in my book. Even on Esctatic he wasn't flowing really, just scat rapping.

DominoKid

Complex Shadow said:

"He wears a mask just to cover the raw flesh
A rather ugly brother with flows that's gorgeous"

That's why he wears it.

edit: as a DOOM stan (bet you didn't know that my dude) this RBMA interview is straight fap material to me.
i've always seen people talk about these videos but i've never actually sat down and watched them

Hieberrr

Can someone please explain to me why Odd Future is so popular? I've listened to some of their tracks and have watched some of their performances on YouTube.... What the fuck. The content is ridiculously bad. There seems to be no sense of rhythm and ... yeah.. the content :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom