• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
dream said:
Why didn't anyone PM me and tell me Phonte put out an album that is fucking perfect

Because you are stuck in worst-gaf talking about the lolakers and girlball all the time.

kamspy

EschatonDX said:
OF is fake as fuck. wanna be psychos with their ima kill rape and stab you shit. They can't do shit. I bet they were shaking in their skinny jeans waiting for chris browns cousins.
I'm talking more about She, analog, window, etc. The light hearted summary shit. I look at the crazy fun psycho songs as a nice contrast and change of pace. It's over the top, campy and awesome fun. It's a fun record.

Esch

Banned
dream said:
What's worse, watching beautiful women play girlball or listening to Tyler The Creator?
Whoa, easy there.
kamspy said:
I'm talking more about She, analog, window, etc. The light hearted summary shit. I look at the crazy fun psycho songs as a nice contrast and change of pace. It's over the top, campy and awesome fun. It's a fun record.
Ok, if you're saying you can jive with the teenage hoodrat shit cause of nostalgia, yea i agree. I do think OF are the definition of paper tiger tbh

DominoKid

LOZLINK said:
Can't be that KL has a verse, and more people that buy equals more exposure to KL.

and yet the rest of them didnt even mention at all how Q beat the beat up on LiveLoveASAP.

it aint just because of the exposure. they fuck w/ Drake on that level.

CRS

Pinko Marx said:
Honestly I just hate it when people do that. Its not like he misspelled a word or something. Its like using your instead of you're. Shits just dumb.
Shit's just dumb.

CRS

Pinko Marx said:
thank you. i would of corrected it myself but i'm tired for all intensive purposes. your the greatest
Hahaha.

Nothing but love though. The your/you're mistakes do irk me a lot too but I've been better at not being an asshole about it.

You can't take OF's schtick seriously.
They're serious rappers with mostly non-serious subject matters. The songs that aren't all introspective are mostly just them rapping about what they feel like. Of course the shits not true, they know that, they know that we know that.
Sorta like Rick Ross.

love you too CRS.

Bishman

DominoKid said:
9 AM in Dallas, You Know You Know, Aston Martin Music, Goodnight & Goodluck, The Calm
The Fear, Say What's Real, Underground Kings, etc

I don't care for the validation, but you have to be lying to yourself if you act like he cant rap. I don't particularly care for yelawolf but i'm not blind to the fact that he can rap.
DominoKid, you and I have the same taste from what I've read in the threads. I'm not saying Drake can't rap. He excels greatly at song writing. But I personally think J. Cole is a better rapper. Like if we were to break down their songs judging by flow, lyrics, substance, and etc.

I like Drake but damn I wish he would rap more and stop singing. So Far Gone was the perfect balance. Why can't he go back to that style?

Recon

Banned
Bishman said:
DominoKid, you and I have the same taste from what I've read in the threads. I'm not saying Drake can't rap. He excels greatly at song writing. But I personally think J. Cole is a better rapper. Like if we were to break down their songs judging by flow, lyrics, substance, and etc.

I like Drake but damn I wish he would rap more and stop singing. So Far Gone was the perfect balance. Why can't he go back to that style?

I still think its better thinking of Drake as more of an RnB artist who rhymes.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
ReconYoda said:
I still think its better thinking of Drake as more of an RnB artist who rhymes.

Except he's not a very good RnB singer. In fact he can't sing for shit. He just kind of mumbles out some lines about rubbing girl's feet.

Okay, done listening to Take Care. Man that is a tiring album to listen to. Shit just starts to blend after a while.
Moving onto Camp now.

Recon

Banned
siddx said:
Except he's not a very good RnB singer. In fact he can't sing for shit. He just kind of mumbles out some lines about rubbing girl's feet.

He has a fine singing voice for what he does. Im not saying he is a great singer, but for what he does it is more than fine. It doesnt hurt my ears.

Edit: I think if Drake trimmed the features down, made it the 12 best songs of the album, it would be one incredible fucking album. It does blend together after Lord Knows, but has a few gems after that.

Bishman

How would everyone rank the new generation right now?

My list:

1. J. Cole
2. Kendrick Lamar
3. Drake
4. Kid Cudi
4. Yelawolf
5. Big KRIT
6. Childish Gambino
7. Wiz Khalifa (If Wiz would go back to Kush & OJ, would be higher on my list)

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So I listened to that Drake album. It's bad. But that's all I'll say. I'm no fan of the rnb shit mixed with the rapping so I guess I'm no good as a sample.

Lord Knows, as a beat, overpowers Drake's voice. When I listened to it, all I heard was the beat. Nothing Drake was saying got through...then again not much of what he says is any different from any other song he has.

Bishman said:

My list:

1. J. Cole
2. Kendrick Lamar
3. Drake
4. Kid Cudi
4. Yelawolf
5. Big KRIT
6. Childish Gambino

out of your list?

1. Big Krit
2. Yelawolf
3. Kendrick Lamar
4. Kid Cudi
5. J. Cole
6. Drake
7. Childish Gambino
8. Wiz Khalifa

If I factored in Ab Soul and Schoolboy Q they'd be just above Kendrick. Jay Rock would be just below Cole. And does Curren$y count? Cuz he'd be above Yela.

Recon

Banned
Bishman said:

My list:

1. J. Cole
2. Kendrick Lamar
3. Drake
4. Kid Cudi
4. Yelawolf
5. Big KRIT
6. Childish Gambino

1.Big Kritt
2.Kendrick Lamar/Black Hippy(minus Jay Rock, hes hot garbage)
3.Cole
4.Yelawolf
5.Cudi
6.Drake
7.Gambino
999th. Random guy on youtube
1000.Wiz Khalifa

Recon

Banned
ChldRebelSoldr said:
Since the spelling bees are on a swarm, I hate the way you spell K.R.I.T., Recon.

Do you also hate the way i spell Currensy and Mase?

Im not hitting that period after every letter. Like i told my girl, i dont fuck with periods.

CRS

ReconYoda said:
Do you also hate the way i spell Currensy and Mase?

Im not hitting that period after every letter. Like i told my girl, i dont fuck with periods.
A little bit, yeah.

I bet since you already have enough hate between the both of you.

Recon

Banned
ChldRebelSoldr said:
A little bit, yeah.

I bet since you already have enough hate between the both of you.

Lol. I have no response. Im so tired lol. Been up for 2 hours, when im sleepy, talking to these girls from my Law class...what i do for females.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Right NOW?

1. J. Cole
2. Big K.R.I.T.
3. Kendrick Lamar
4. Drake
5. KiD CuDi
6. Yelawolf
7. Childish Gambino
8. Wiz Khalifa

This is just right now, my actual favorite artists out of them all list is different from this.

njean777

Bishman said:

My list:

1. J. Cole
2. Kendrick Lamar
3. Drake
4. Kid Cudi
4. Yelawolf
5. Big KRIT
6. Childish Gambino

Out of your list
1.Kendrick Lamar
2.Krit
3.Drake
4.J.Cole
5.Cudi
6.Yelawolf
7.Gambino
8.Khalifa

But I gotta ask where is Wale on that list? For me he would be above Drake at 3rd.

Zibrahim

enzo_gt said:
Right NOW?

1. J. Cole
2. Big K.R.I.T.
3. Kendrick Lamar
4. Drake
5. KiD CuDi
6. Yelawolf
7. Childish Gambino
8. Wiz Khalifa

This is just right now, my actual favorite artists out of them all list is different from this.

Move yela and gambino up, kudi to 7 and this list is perfect.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
1. Big Krit
2. Yelawolf
everyone else.

KL has potential but still needs another solid album to prove himself more than another "false west hope" like so many before him

Cudi is a fucking twat with one incredible album, one decent album, and not much in the way of anticipation from me. I'm not even excited for new music from him right now.

J.Cole is about as exciting as peeling paint off a picnic table but he has a few good tracks. I don't see anything remarkable from him in the future though.

Childish Gambino, I really like the dude on a personal level, I love his character on community and he seems like a cool guy overall. But his diet wayne imitation rap isn't impressing me at all. He needs to find a new rapper to imitate.

Both Drake and Wiz are just panty soft musicians who make music for women first and foremost. The difference is Drake knows it and embraces it, while Wiz wants to front like he doesn't write his music to make Amber love him (it's not gonna happen dude, she's still sucking Kanye's dick when you are out on the road).

DominoKid

Bishman said:

My list:

1. J. Cole
2. Kendrick Lamar
3. Drake
4. Kid Cudi
4. Yelawolf
5. Big KRIT
6. Childish Gambino

Based on output + ability

1. KRIT
2. Drake
3. Kendrick
4. Cudi
5. Wale
6. Big Sean
7. Cole
8. Wiz
9. Childish Gambino (edit: Camp could move him up. I've been very low on him recently)

since folks keep adding more people

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Bishman said:

My list:

1. J. Cole
2. Kendrick Lamar
3. Drake
4. Kid Cudi
4. Yelawolf
5. Big KRIT
6. Childish Gambino

1) KRIT
2) Drake
3) Lamar
4) Big Sean
5) Yela
everyone else..

overcast

1. J. Cole
2. K.R.I.T
3. Schoolboy Q
4. Kendrick Lamar
5. Yelawolf
6. Childish Gambino
7. Kid Cudi (LOVED MOTM1, he done dropped off).
8. Drake
9. Wale.
10. Big Sean
11. Wiz

I think Gambino did really well with his album. Schoolboy is a better rapper than Kendrick imo.

Recon

Banned
overcast said:
1. J. Cole
2. K.R.I.T
3. Schoolboy Q
4. Kendrick Lamar
5. Yelawolf
6. Childish Gambino
7. Kid Cudi (LOVED MOTM1, he done dropped off).
8. Drake
9. Wale.
10. Big Sean
11. Wale

I think Gambino did really well with his album. Schoolboy is a better rapper than Kendrick imo.

Wale so good he gets two spots? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom