• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

interjecting in the soft discussion...

Cold Corner 2 is HORRID. I kept the ASAP Rocky but the rest of that shit is huff. I thought Banks was still kinda good after HFM2.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Ken Masters said:
So Drake is going to fuck around and end up with a top 3 album this year
KuGsj.gif

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
*cough*

Not to brake up this riveting discussion, but I just have to mention...

Lincoln_Way_Nights.jpg

I completely slept on this joint. Stalley's way better than I thought he was.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bunch of shit on my feed the past few days:

Ludacris - Can you buy that? - Dope. Better than the rest of the shit that's been put out from this tape.

Roots ft. Dice Raw - Tip The Scale. It's exactly as good as you think it is.

Clyde Carson - Knight Call. Has a really nice vibe to it, even though I think Clyde is pretty mediocre otherwise. He's got all the right production.

Knocturnal Ft Noah Jones, Willy Northpole & I-20 – Dont Know By Now ... wait WTF? Knoc is still active? I just made a joke about dude a week ago.

kamspy

ReconYoda said:
Shh. Kampsy thinks everyone has a good life unless they are born into a crack house with a heroin addiction.

Close enough. But yeah. Pretty much. That's where I can't get down with Cole. You guys know that. If you didn't know better you'd think he's from the hood. He pushes that orphan ghetto child shit hard in a lot of his songs.

Now Sean, he doesn't go there with the ghetto shit, but the stuntin'. Dude shouldn't even be rapping about jewelry. He couldn't go to any nightclub in the US with that shit on and leave with it. If you're a dude that frail you basically have to go the Lupe route and rap about the skateboarding and women's struggles and shit. That's a viable lane for anemic rapper guy. Flossing just isn't viable for a dude under 100lbs. He probably couldn't even go to a Tigers game without losing his kicks.

Bishman

K.Jack said:
*cough*

Not to brake up this riveting discussion, but I just have to mention...

Lincoln_Way_Nights.jpg

I completely slept on this joint. Stalley's way better than I thought he was.
Kinetic energy, brain waves of intelligence, is what I send out

The long beard, hows the pain I be dancing in
The reign with the Pharoahs, mirror image to the gods
My homie glory brings head nods, the only story I been bout
This controlled mind with no facade

Stalley is slept on. His mixtape is one of my favorites this year.

Throavium

Out of curiousity I just listened to Finally Famous and I found it very hard to sit through. There are about 3-4 good tracks on it, it isn't necessarily a bad album though.

overcast

kamspy said:
Close enough. But yeah. Pretty much. That's where I can't get down with Cole. You guys know that. If you didn't know better you'd think he's from the hood. He pushes that orphan ghetto child shit hard in a lot of his songs.

Now Sean, he doesn't go there with the ghetto shit, but the stuntin'. Dude shouldn't even be rapping about jewelry. He couldn't go to any nightclub in the US with that shit on and leave with it. If you're a dude that frail you basically have to go the Lupe route and rap about the skateboarding and women's struggles and shit. That's a viable lane for anemic rapper guy. Flossing just isn't viable for a dude under 100lbs. He probably couldn't even go to a Tigers game without losing his kicks.
You're joking right? He wasn't born in a nice area, but that's not the problem with your post.

Why does it matter how you look? If a dude raps well in his style, who gives a shit? Looks should never be a matter. (not defending Big Sean).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ReconYoda said:
What? Return of 4 Eva gets mentioned like every other page( hyperbole, but it does get mentioned a lot).
I see it mentioned a LOT less than other big releases of the year here. Honestly think it's been mentioned maybe 5 times max in this new OT.

I dont think R4 will place high on the AOTY list though. Feels like so long ago it came out.

HiResDes

enzo_gt said:
I see it mentioned a LOT less than other big releases of the year here. Honestly think it's been mentioned maybe 5 times max in this new OT.

I dont think R4 will place high on the AOTY list though. Feels like so long ago it came out.
I don't think you read through the thread as much as you think you do

HiResDes said:
I think people took forgranted how many quality mixtapes we were bombarded with at the beginning of the year.
I certainly have, but I'm going back to earlier stuff this year since I'm broke lol. Like I haven't listened to that Stalley tape at all yet, that's another one I need to check out.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
kamspy said:

But people seem to like Mobb Deep.

Kaizer

Banned
HiResDes said:
I think people took forgranted how many quality mixtapes we were bombarded with at the beginning of the year.
Definitely, it's been a loaded year for sure - lots of good releases. End of the year lists should be interesting.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
roots album track list.

1. The Un
2. Sleep
3. Make My f. Big K.R.I.T.
4. One Time f. Phonte & Dice Raw
5. Kool On f. P.O.R.N.
6. The Other Side
7. Stomp f. P.O.R.N.
8. Lighthouse
9. I Remember
10. Tip The Scale
11. Redford (For Yia Yia & Pappou)
12. Possibility
13. Will To Power
14. Finality

Bought tickets to see Wu Tang here in Austin in January. Very excited. Probably will listen to nothing but Wu albums from the start of the new year until the concert

Tokubetsu said:
New Phontigallo is really good. Reminds me of Evidence's first album. Inspirational, hungry raps.

Charity Starts at Home?
Shit was alright. I expected more. Solid album, mostly forgettable imo.

coldvein

Banned
overcast said:
Look above. P.O.R.N.... Gambino is pretty good to me.

childish gambino? can't say i've ever taken the time to ever listen to more than one of his tracks (which i thought stunk) but that name is embarassing. just say it to yourself. "sorry, i'm going to see childish gambino tonight.". you gotta laugh after saying a sentence like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom